Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

New York has some of the most strict lockdowns and mask laws and again leads the nation in cases. Keep them lockdowned! we are loving the money coming in from all those states via tourism here on the gulf coast.

I was out running errands yesterday and thinking about the perception of NY “lockdowns.” It’s true that it’s much worse in the city, but further upstate the better word would be “restriction.” People are everywhere, doing most everything you would normally do with just the capacity restrictions. But even the retail stores I went to seemed at normal capacity except for the masks.

Regarding masks, this is not hard. There are no laws banning masks. Individuals and private companies are more than welcome to continue masking per the CDC guidelines, as most were even before the miracle of January 20th. The phrasing of “abolishing” mask laws is political theatre.

I was out running errands yesterday and thinking about the perception of NY “lockdowns.” It’s true that it’s much worse in the city, but further upstate the better word would be “restriction.” People are everywhere, doing most everything you would normally do with just the capacity restrictions. But even the retail stores I went to seemed at normal capacity except for the masks.

Regarding masks, this is not hard. There are no laws banning masks. Individuals and private companies are more than welcome to continue masking per the CDC guidelines, as most were even before the miracle of January 20th. The phrasing of “abolishing” mask laws is political theatre.
I wear one wherever we go here as Gov Ivey has had mask laws in place since last May...ours is ending in April she promised...we visited 2 theme parks and wore them all day long whenever we weren't in mask free zones...it doesn't really bother me but it should be up to individuals and companies not bureaucrats to mandate

Quit being an ass and get the vaccine. You have no clue if the long term problems of contracting Covid are worse then the side effects of the shot

U.S. embraces COVID-19 vaccines, improving odds of herd immunity

If rejecting the vaccination makes me an ass, then I will be an ass. If herd immunity requires 85% vaccinated (btw, I think herd immunity thresholds have increased), there should be room enough in our country for 45M people to deny the vaccine without interfering with herd immunity.

If rejecting the vaccination makes me an ass, then I will be an ass. If herd immunity requires 85% vaccinated (btw, I think herd immunity thresholds have increased), there should be room enough in our country for 45M people to deny the vaccine without interfering with herd immunity.
Make sure to include people with confirmed infection or positive serology tests in your HI calculations.

Reactions: McDad
Make sure to include people with confirmed infection or positive serology tests in your HI calculations.
Volfanhill's linked Yahoo article said...experts recommend those who have had Covid19 get vaccinated...[But experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say even those who have recovered from an infection should get vaccinated because the protection is likely to be more long-lasting.]

I dont understand that rationale.

What about the vaccine concerns you?

Would you capitulate if it were required to say, travel internationally or fly?

Reactions: McDad
Like trump took credit for the economic recovery in 2016?

Isn't that what these guys do?

#whataboutismalert
Every president in my lifetime has claimed credit for anything thought to be positive and assigned blame to anyone else for anything thought to be negative.

Reactions: Septic and hog88
What about the vaccine concerns you?

Would you capitulate if it were required to say, travel internationally or fly?
I have a general concern considering it was rushed and long term effects (if any are unknown). My primary reason to deny is simply because I am at low risk, I have no one in my family who is vulnerable, and I am around others minimally in my day to day. I am one of those weirdos who just doesn't get inoculations; never had the flu shot.
If required to travel, visit someone in hospital, or something, I would consider capitulation.

Reactions: Septic
Volfanhill's linked Yahoo article said...experts recommend those who have had Covid19 get vaccinated...[But experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say even those who have recovered from an infection should get vaccinated because the protection is likely to be more long-lasting.]

I dont understand that rationale.

I believe the antibody/immune response is much stronger from the vaccine, providing a longer and more comprehensive immunity.

I just got over covid and my symptoms were hardly more than a body ache one evening and a cough for two days. I've had worse hangovers, this month...

Not a virologist but I think the lasting "protection" afforded by my illness pales to those who had a longer bout of trouble with 'rona.

I believe the antibody/immune response is much stronger from the vaccine, providing a longer and more comprehensive immunity.

I just got over covid and my symptoms were hardly more than a body ache one evening and a cough for two days. I've had worse hangovers, this month...

Not a virologist but I think the lasting "protection" afforded by my illness pales to those who had a longer bout of trouble with 'rona.
I understand the reasoning in your theory. I had chicken pox twice because they said my 1st bout was too minor.
However, I don't know if anyone has tested your theory, or if it even quantifiable. And since they cannot double blind a study to test it, I doubt it will be.

I understand the reasoning in your theory. I had chicken pox twice because they said my 1st bout was too minor.
However, I don't know if anyone has tested your theory, or if it even quantifiable. And since they cannot double blind a study to test it, I doubt it will be.

Interesting perspective, have you taken the shingles vaccine?

And if 60 million choose not to then what? I am not advocating for forced vaccination for the record.

According to the CDC, anyone who has smoked at least 100 cigarettes qualifies, regardless of whether they are a current smoker or already quit

This is your govt science in action!
That’s stupid. I was never a regular smoker but have smoked 100 cigarettes in my life from the days where I used to frequent bars and drink late into the night (or early into the morning). I haven’t had a cigarette in more than a decade.

Reactions: allvol123

VN Store

Back