Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Meanwhile. . . . You can't get a frickin' tee time, anywhere.

It has become the new excuse to be lazy and work less. I honestly wonder if things will ever return to normal in certain industries. You'd think my line of work would have some of the most obvious excuses, but we haven't missed a day at the office or denied a single patient an appointment in an entire year.
And thank you for that. People usually thank service men and women for what they’ve done and people at least used to thank other public servants like the police, although I doubt that happens as much anymore. Healthcare workers should be thanked as well.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
What version does McMom's hospital use. It's the moderna one that has been having this side effect. 2 of my colleagues have had a bad reaction to the vaccine and they know of a few more people with a bad reaction. They've found that people who have these side effects have had the virus whether they showed symptoms or not.
McMom's hospital is using Moderna

Reactions: Rishvol
Another variable that is unaccounted for is adherence to a mask mandate and I’m guessing that in a place like east TN the adherence rate is pretty low.
You’d be guessing wrong. I won’t say I never see someone without a mask inside a business but 99% of people have masks on.

You’d be guessing wrong. I won’t say I never see someone without a mask inside a business but 99% of people have masks on.
I don’t believe that... but I can’t prove it to be true and you can’t prove it to be false. So we’ll just leave it at that I guess.

All the stats and overwhelming evidence that masks are marginally if at all effective don’t matter. You might as well try to convince the Pope to get rid of the headgear or Orthodox Jews to lose the Kippah. Masks are a canonical symbols of obedience to the cause of defeating the virus and anti-maskers are apostates lacking sufficient faith in the wisdom of the state and media.
Did you steal Septic’s dictionary? Wisdom of the state and media. That’s funny. You’re spot on.

Yeah, who needs freedom, mobility or a good job when giving up those things will help save the planet?
Have you sold those pollution generating fork trucks yet and bought clean windmill powered electric trucks using clean lithium powered batteries from China?

I don’t believe that... but I can’t prove it to be true and you can’t prove it to be false. So we’ll just leave it at that I guess.
Well, to be fair, I’m talking about Knoxville. If you are talking about outlying towns and cities I’m sure that percentage goes ways down. In Knoxville you have to wear a mask in all businesses I’ve been in and it’s super rare to see someone not. That’s a fact. Go to Oliver Springs or Harriman or Rockwood and I’d guess that percentage drops to at least 75%, maybe lower. The smaller the town the lower the percentage if I had to guess. That’s true of most all states though, not just TN.

Well, to be fair, I’m talking about Knoxville. If you are talking about outlying towns and cities I’m sure that percentage goes ways down. In Knoxville you have to wear a mask in all businesses I’ve been in and it’s super rare to see someone not. That’s a fact. Go to Oliver Springs or Harriman or Rockwood and I’d guess that percentage drops to at least 75%, maybe lower. The smaller the town the lower the percentage if I had to guess. That’s true of most all states though, not just TN.
It's more an income thing than a urban/suburban/rural thing.

I have been saying for a while if it was just Trump supporters, or even mostly Trump supporters, who werent wearing masks, he would have won Atlanta.

All the stats and overwhelming evidence that masks are marginally if at all effective don’t matter. You might as well try to convince the Pope to get rid of the headgear or Orthodox Jews to lose the Kippah. Masks are a canonical symbols of obedience to the cause of defeating the virus and anti-maskers are apostates lacking sufficient faith in the wisdom of the state and media.

Government and media having wisdom. lol.. They call that an oxymoron.

Funny thing is people still trying to pedal masks as effective. They never were, never will be. See California and NYC.

Government and media having wisdom. lol.. They call that an oxymoron.

Funny thing is people still trying to pedal masks as effective. They never were, never will be. See California and NYC.
See the back of the box they come in.

It's more an income thing than a urban/suburban/rural thing.

I have been saying for a while if it was just Trump supporters, or even mostly Trump supporters, who werent wearing masks, he would have won Atlanta.

Ignorant post. I see very well off people daily and weekly that never wear masks. Income is irrelevant. Whether or not you support Trump is irrelevant. If you enjoy the gov constantly giving you a rim job, you probably even sleep in a mask. I very seldom put one on. And that's because I like the folks at Aldi.

Ignorant post. I see very well off people daily and weekly that never wear masks. Income is irrelevant. Whether or not you support Trump is irrelevant. If you enjoy the gov constantly giving you a rim job, you probably even sleep in a mask. I very seldom put one on. And that's because I like the folks at Aldi.
The rich I see wear it while in public. But take it off as soon as soon as they are out of the public eye. Kinda like Fauci.

The rich I see wear it while in public. But take it off as soon as soon as they are out of the public eye. Kinda like Fauci.

If I do wear one into a store it goes on at the door and comes off at the door. And in a bowling center full of a couple hundred on a full league night, you won't find one on me then either. I'm not rich. I'm not down trodden. And I'm not a "science" bi***.

Have you sold those pollution generating fork trucks yet and bought clean windmill powered electric trucks using clean lithium powered batteries from China?
Funny you should ask. You know I did buy a Crown electric unit in late 2019 which has 18 lead-acid batteries each the size of a car battery and I only charge every other Saturday but was looking to convert to Li-ion so I can “opportunity charge” and not have to do it outside... until I found out how much it would cost to just switch to Li-ion. Would you believe $25,000?

I have been trying to follow the conversation about the report, and I want some clarifications on your post. Over exaggerates the significance how/what?

That the effectiveness of masks was exaggerated (they dont work)? Or the report that masks arent effective was exaggerated (they do work)? Or that the report itself doesnt go far enough to rule one way or the other?
Sorry, let me clarify:

By omitting the important metrics I mentioned, it makes the report less powerful. If they had gone down in relation to mask mandates, they would have ABSOLUTELY been included. Also, after demonstrating only a 1-2% reduction in daily case growth and death growth rate, they conclude that masks and closing restaurants are useful in containing the spread of CV19. In the real world, that's probably not of any significance, at all, especially when case numbers grew by 100s to over 1000% in most areas, and it could also be explained by the confounding variables included in the discussion.

VN Store

Back