Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

My nephews just started back to school a week or two ago and both have colds now. Elementary schools are petri dishes full of germs and viruses and keeping kids home is not helping them build immunity.
You can keep your kids too clean. They will build little immunities and have problems later on.

You can keep your kids too clean. They will build little immunities and have problems later on.
Now that most people are back to doing normal stuff, I've seen far more common colds, GI bugs, and Strep than earlier in the winter. I have a feeling that next winter will be brutal. Still no flu, no RSV, and maybe two CV19 positives in 6 weeks.

FFS - and Team Biden won't say boo about it

Everybody Except Teachers Unions Loves the CDC's Revised School Distancing Guidelines

but science?

"They are compromising the one enduring public health missive that we've gotten from the beginning of this pandemic in order to squeeze more kids into schools," American Federation of Teachers (AFT) President Randi Weingarten told The Washington Post this week. "I think that is problematic until we have real evidence in these harder-to-open places about what the effect is."

Last edited:
Now that most people are back to doing normal stuff, I've seen far more common colds, GI bugs, and Strep than earlier in the winter. I have a feeling that next winter will be brutal. Still no flu, no RSV, and maybe two CV19 positives in 6 weeks.
I’ve seen zero flu cases in the adult ICU. I highly doubt covid precautions completely cured the flu. I’m sure that narrative will somehow be used later.

Reactions: GSD82
So I think we can expect lock downs and “mask up” orders next winter due to a bad flu season

FFS - and Team Biden won't say boo about it

Everybody Except Teachers Unions Loves the CDC's Revised School Distancing Guidelines

but science?

"They are compromising the one enduring public health missive that we've gotten from the beginning of this pandemic in order to squeeze more kids into schools," American Federation of Teachers (AFT) President Randi Weingarten told The Washington Post this week. "I think that is problematic until we have real evidence in these harder-to-open places about what the effect is."

Opinion | Where’s the Science Behind CDC’s 6-Foot Social-Distance Decree?

I think most rational people agree

View attachment 358714
I agree.

I have cut out almost all "news" media. No talk radio. No local or national TV broadcast. No newspaper or online news stuff. I don't have facebook, twitter, or any other social media platform. Were it not for VN politics, I would have no idea what is happening in the world.

And I am more unstressed, at peace, and happier than I have ever been before. The media is the virus.

I’ve seen zero flu cases in the adult ICU. I highly doubt covid precautions completely cured the flu. I’m sure that narrative will somehow be used later.

I recently had either the flu or covid. Assumed it was flu because it felt just like the only other time in my life I had flu...which was back around 2007.

Was feeling just fine and in a matter of 3 hours I couldn’t get out of the rack. Had a high fever, body aches, etc. fever lasted three days and took more than a week to get back to normal energy level. Wife had the same except started about three days before mine. She was down for two weeks.

Neither of us had major respiratory issues...I’m thinking it was flu.

I recently had either the flu or covid. Assumed it was flu because it felt just like the only other time in my life I had flu...which was back around 2007.

Was feeling just fine and in a matter of 3 hours I couldn’t get out of the rack. Had a high fever, body aches, etc. fever lasted three days and took more than a week to get back to normal energy level. Wife had the same except started about three days before mine. She was down for two weeks.

Why the heck wouldn’t you get tested?

If you lose your sense of smell you will know for sure.... We didn't lose ours until almost all symptoms were gone. 5 days after onset of the WuFlu.

If you lose your sense of smell you will know for sure.... We didn't lose ours until almost all symptoms were gone. 5 days after onset of the WuFlu.
Plenty of folks that don’t lose either. My dad tested positive and didn’t lose either. His wife was hospitalized with it and didn’t lose either. Other milder cases where full taste and smell not fully back after three months.

Exactly why I think this was a lab modified virus. Targeted to affect certain genetic markers. Wait and see.

I agree.

I have cut out almost all "news" media. No talk radio. No local or national TV broadcast. No newspaper or online news stuff. I don't have facebook, twitter, or any other social media platform. Were it not for VN politics, I would have no idea what is happening in the world.

And I am more unstressed, at peace, and happier than I have ever been before. The media is the virus.

I still watch local news for the weather. Niki double D and Bree Smith are the best meteorologists in the business.

My sense of smell is terrible, and I didn’t notice that it got any worse. I suspect I had non WuFlu flu.

I agree.

“Those who don’t read newspapers are uninformed, those who read newspapers are misinformed.” Thomas Jefferson, Mark Twain or some other famous quoter

What’s the point of getting tested? I stayed home until I felt better. It’s what I normally do when I get sick.
SMH. Because it’s not how you feel, it’s whether you are contagious and still shedding the virus. Good lord, do you watch the news? Also, if you were positive you could alert those you were in contact with. It’s stupid **** like this that got us where we are.

I agree.

Ditched twitter a few months ago. It's been an improvement.

Reactions: McDad
I had to eat at nasty Taco Bell last night about 20 minutes outside of Boston because everything here closes down at 9pm. The drive thru, yes the drive thru had a sign saying for everyone’s safety wear a mask when getting your food. Oh and they use the plastic tray to hand the food out. I will never understand why anyone would ever approve of this or think it makes any sense

My sense of smell is terrible, and I didn’t notice that it got any worse. I suspect I had non WuFlu flu.
I'm sure there are a generation of pre-teens and teens right now hoping their mothers lose their sense of smell. When I was young my mother could smell beer or marijuana on me from a half mile down the road.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
I'm sure there are a generation of pre-teens and teens right now hoping their mothers lose their sense of smell. When I was young my mother could smell beer or marijuana on me from a half mile down the road.

My mom flushed my stash once when I was 15. She could smell it all the way upstairs from our den. After that tragedy I sealed the goods in mason jars to keep it from being detected.

My mom flushed my stash once when I was 15. She could smell it all the way upstairs from our den. After that tragedy I sealed the goods in mason jars to keep it from being detected.

My mom busted into my room saying she could smell marajuana(I had just got through burning a little). I asked her "How do know what marijuana smells like"? She did say a word just left my room and shut the door.

I have no problem with weed, but the stuff does smell strong. Most people arent as good as hiding the smell as they think.

Again, nothing against it, just saying.

VN Store

Back