Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

168162642_10222208755705403_2872490583247839427_n.jpg

This article is a mess.

1. It doesn't have specifics:

"In Michigan more young people are ending up in hospitals fighting more serious symptoms than previously seen in children with COVID-19."

How much more?

"Anywhere you look where you see this emerging, you see that kids are playing a huge role in the transmission of this," Osterholm said.

What is a huge role? what % of cases are "kids"?

"If you look what's happening in Michigan, in Minnesota, in Massachusetts, for example, you're seeing outbreaks in schools and infections in social cohorts that haven't been exposed to the virus before."

Define "outbreak"

2. It conflates "young people" with "kids"

"We're seeing in places like Michigan that the people who are now getting hospitalized by large numbers are people in their 30s and 40s," Wen said. "And now we're even seeing children getting infected in larger numbers too."

What is a "larger number"? How is what's happening to 30s and 40s relevant to kids?

"If you look what's happening in Michigan, in Minnesota, in Massachusetts, for example, you're seeing outbreaks in schools and infections in social cohorts that haven't been exposed to the virus before."

Define "outbreak"

"In Florida's Orange County, officials reported late last month a rise in Covid-19 cases in the 18-25 age group.

And a third of all of the county's Covid-19 hospitalizations were people younger than 45, according to Dr. Raul Pino, director of the Florida Department of Health in Orange County.

New Jersey officials said last week that variants, including the B.1.1.7 strain, were contributing to a rise in cases and hospitalizations -- including in younger age groups.

Between the first and last weeks of March, there was a 31% and 48% increase in the number of hospitalizations among the 20-29 and 40-49 age groups, respectively, state health commissioner Judy Persichilli said Wednesday. "

This is data from "younger than 45" and 20 - 49. These people are not kids or children or school aged.

No specifics on rate of infection in children or change in the rate or prevalence.

I had about 24 - 30 hours of flu like symptoms after my second Pfizer

I’m hearing this a lot. Anybody else have similar experiences?

I’m being told I might have to get the vaccine to come into work. Not really sure how I feel about it. Part of me would just rather get the virus naturally and let my body do what it is supposed to.

I’m being told I might have to get one to come into work. Not really sure how I feel about it. Part of me would just rather get the virus naturally and let my body do what it is supposed to.

It was worth it to me - more so to insure I wouldn't pass it to my elderly parents or my students. I was never particularly worried about Covid for myself but now I'm pretty worry free about it all around.

I welcome the mRNA bioweapon that was injected into me.

Reactions: bamawriter
This article is a mess.

"In Michigan more young people are ending up in hospitals fighting more serious symptoms than previously seen in children with COVID-19."

How much more?

"Anywhere you look where you see this emerging, you see that kids are playing a huge role in the transmission of this," Osterholm said.

Define "outbreak"

"We're seeing in places like Michigan that the people who are now getting hospitalized by large numbers are people in their 30s and 40s," Wen said. "And now we're even seeing children getting infected in larger numbers too."

What is a "larger number"? How is what's happening to 30s and 40s relevant to kids?

Define "outbreak"

"In Florida's Orange County, officials reported late last month a rise in Covid-19 cases in the 18-25 age group.

And a third of all of the county's Covid-19 hospitalizations were people younger than 45, according to Dr. Raul Pino, director of the Florida Department of Health in Orange County.

New Jersey officials said last week that variants, including the B.1.1.7 strain, were contributing to a rise in cases and hospitalizations -- including in younger age groups.

Between the first and last weeks of March, there was a 31% and 48% increase in the number of hospitalizations among the 20-29 and 40-49 age groups, respectively, state health commissioner Judy Persichilli said Wednesday. "

This is data from "younger than 45" and 20 - 49. These people are not kids or children or school aged.

No specifics on rate of infection in children or change in the rate or prevalence.
Michigan counts an outbreak as two cases, remember- I seem to recall this coming up in this thread earlier.

This article is a mess.

How much more?

Define "outbreak"

Define "outbreak"

it’s Osterholm. What do you expect? He’s worse than Fauci.

Reactions: RavinDave

I’m being told I might have to get the vaccine to come into work. Not really sure how I feel about it. Part of me would just rather get the virus naturally and let my body do what it is supposed to.
Would your work accept that?

This is the issue I am running into. Imo having the antibodies should free one up just as much as the vaccines do.

Would your work accept that?

This is the issue I am running into. Imo having the antibodies should free one up just as much as the vaccines do.

If I show a positive test and then a negative test they accept that or if I show I’ve received the vaccine.

Right now they aren’t requiring it, but we are hearing rumblings they might.

It was worth it to me - more so to insure I wouldn't pass it to my elderly parents or my students. I was never particularly worried about Covid for myself but now I'm pretty worry free about it all around.

I’ll probably get the vaccine in the end, only because it frees me up. I have zero worry about getting the virus though. My age and health makes it a non-issue if I get it.

So...you gonna take the vaccine every 6 month or what? [Wife took it cause she works in a school. Just poking fun.}

So...you gonna take the vaccine every 6 month or what? [Wife took it cause she works in a school. Just poking fun.}
The six month thing is being misinterpreted. All they are saying is at the 6 month mark the vaccines are still working. We have no clue how long the efficacy will be bc it's new. It's good news not bad.

VN Store

Back