Let's Give Up on the Constitution

Here's one of the comments. This is the kinda wacky stuff that a lot of Biden supporters including there nutjob of a VP believes!

Other than Supreme Court term limits there is nothing in there I agree with.

We tried that 160 years ago. Very bloody. Lots of death.
I think this time it would be more urban versus rural. If you factor out the drug dealers and cops, there probably aren't a lot of guns in cities. I like our chances.

Lay siege to them with blockades of Kroger and Walmart trucks, and when they run out of food it would be a cake walk.

Honest, intelligent, rational thoughts like this will not allow you to be a liberal for very long. Sadly, the left has gone batsheit crazy and left rational people behind. Posts like this are why we see your future as a conservative...you still have a logical working mind. Once you start applying honest responsibile thought to all aspects of a politicians positions, liberals these days are removed from consideration. Christian morals should do the same, but sadly many folks leave God behInd when they go to vote.

Lol . Nice bump, Ras would be proud. He is the champ of old thread bumping
I'm good with my political philosophy. And I don't need any lectures on "Christian morals" either.

Reactions: OHvol40
Looks like some on the left aren’t giving up on this idea.

How do people take this seriously?

Thomas Jefferson, pfft, what a total liberal loon!

Thomas Jefferson on "originalism" and the Constitution:

"Some men look at constitutions with sanctimonious reverence, and deem them like the ark of the covenant, too sacred to be touched. They ascribe to the men of the preceding age a wisdom more than human, and suppose what they did to be beyond amendment. I knew that age well; I belonged to it, and labored with it. It deserved well of its country...

“Laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.”

"Some men look at constitutions with sanctimonious reverence, and deem them like the ark of the covenant, too sacred to be touched. They ascribe to the men of the preceding age a wisdom more than human, and suppose what they did to be beyond amendment. I knew that age well; I belonged to it, and labored with it. It deserved well of its country...

“Laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.”

And the FFs gave us a mechanism to amend the constitution. Use it.

And the FFs gave us a mechanism to amend the constitution. Use it.
It’s not used often enough. I’m pretty sure you don’t get the gist of what he said. You’re on a micro level, he’s on a macro level.

It’s not used often enough. I’m pretty sure you don’t get the gist of what he said. You’re on a micro level, he’s on a macro level.

LOL

No, that guy isn't even thinking on any level. Our FFs new that times, people, technology would change so they had the forethought to provide mechanisms to amend the constitution as needed. They were also smart enough to not make it easy. Since it's not easy you guys want to scrap it and start over, that will not end well.

Hey Chris McQuotesferson, he's talking about amendments.

I think this time it would be more urban versus rural. If you factor out the drug dealers and cops, there probably aren't a lot of guns in cities. I like our chances.

Lay siege to them with blockades of Kroger and Walmart trucks, and when they run out of food it would be a cake walk.
Not to mention that the vast majority of military and police are on the "correct" side politically

Hey Chris McQuotesferson, he's talking about amendments.
Maybe... maybe that is just what you prefer to think he’s talking about. I think if we asked him today he would say that this is the exact reason that they installed the amendment mechanism but it’s not a fail-safe.

“Laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times.”

Here, I don’t believe he’s talking about amendments at all.

Maybe... maybe that is just what you prefer to think he’s talking about. I think if we asked him today he would say that this is the exact reason that they installed the amendment mechanism but it’s not a fail-safe.

“Laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times.”

Then what do you think he is talking about?

Reactions: theFallGuy

“Laws and institutions must go hand in hand wi th the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times.”

It doesn't matter to me if you wrongly ascribe meaning which isn't there. To me, it is black and white because it is explicitly stated. There is no ambiguity and therefore no inference is needed.

His second paragraph you quoted is a furthering of the preceding paragraph...the paragraph where he references amending the constitution.
You want to change the constitution? I say go for it. Mechanisms for change are included in the governing document. You want to scrap it? Over lot's of people's dead bodies.

It doesn't matter to me if you wrongly ascribe meaning which isn't there. To me, it is black and white because it is explicitly stated. There is no ambiguity and therefore no inference is needed.

His second paragraph you quoted is a furthering of the preceding paragraph...the paragraph where he references amending the constitution.
You want to change the constitution? I say go for it. Mechanisms for change are included in the governing document. You want to scrap it? Over lot's of people's dead bodies.

THIS! This is one area that the raping of America the left will have to be careful about.

I applaud liberals who are proposing abolishing the Constitution for their honesty. Let's have that debate. Let's not beat around the bush. The Constitution is what defines our country. If you hate the Constitution then you hate America. It is standing in the way of many reforms that liberals want...and that's exactly what it was intended to do. It's working. We need it

Congressional term limits?

Most of the rest are straight Simple Jack. An Amendment saying we won't use nukes first? Really?

No term limits for the house, repeal the 17th amendment and yes term limits for senators.

VN Store

Back