LGB vs T

If the LGB community is serious about this, then they need to be on the front lines of this debate in some state capitals where they are deciding to change the gender identifications on birth certificates.

What’s crazy to me are those trans/non-binary activists arguing against things like “gender reveal” parties for babies, or how some say parents shouldn’t “determine their child’s gender at birth.” It has become pure unhinged insanity.

I feel bad for those people who truly feel a disconnect from their own body. I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be to suffer that.

Yet, the current activists aren’t doing any one any favors.

Ok. All that means is we’ve got new societal cases. These people have been around forever now they just don’t have to hide. That’s a good thing no?
No, I'm just saying re-read what you posted and think about how far the conversation has gotten in the last 30 years. We are having a serious conversation about letters/acronyms related to gender identity and throwing in transsexuals' on top of all of that confusion.

Not a judgment, just an observation.

No, I'm just saying re-read what you posted and think about how far the conversation has gotten in the last 30 years. We are having a serious conversation about letters/acronyms related to gender identity and throwing in transsexuals' on top of all of that confusion.

Not a judgment, just an observation.
My bad yeah I understood your point wasn’t clear in my reply. Was just trying to emphasize that this is good these people have no reason to hide in the shadows in this day and age.

What’s crazy to me are those trans/non-binary activists arguing against things like “gender reveal” parties for babies, or how some say parents shouldn’t “determine their child’s gender at birth.” It has become pure unhinged insanity.

I feel bad for those people who truly feel a disconnect from their own body. I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be to suffer that.

Yet, the current activists aren’t doing any one any favors.
In the old days, it was treated as a mental disorder. It s politically incorrect to say that today, but how many of these trans-people are likely suffering from a mental condition, yet the politics of the day will not allow them to receive the help that they need?

In the old days, it was treated as a mental disorder. It s politically incorrect to say that today, but how many of these trans-people are likely suffering from a mental condition, yet the politics of the day will not allow them to receive the help that they need?
And that’s a bad thing. There’s no doubt in my mind mental health plays a part in a portion of these cases however that’s for mental health professionals to determine with their patients not politicians

Really, it isn't more complex than this. Anyone that tries to argue for exceptions is trying to lead you towards perversion...

Sure, there are going to be medical expectations, and I think those are special situations that need to be uniquely dealt with. But anything else falls into either the "boys" line or "girls" line. It really is that simple. I'm glad to know that there are LGBs that are at least openly acknowledging this.

At the end of the day you be who you are and I’ll be who I am. I promise to do my best to not react in a bigoted way. If you think I am bring it up and let’s talk. Society works best when we leave each other the hell alone. It only gets problematic when government tries to force the issue.

And that’s a bad thing. There’s no doubt in my mind mental health plays a part in a portion of these cases however that’s for mental health professionals to determine with their patients not politicians

To be clear, I never brought in to the discussion govt or politicians, outside of the changes that are being made on birth certificates.

In the old days, it was treated as a mental disorder.

So we should go back to forced internment in psychiatric hospitals, treatment by labotomy, shock therapy, and/or chemical castration, or permanent institutionalized social separation?

You got the old days right. They weren't good for everyone, though.

So we should go back to forced internment in psychiatric hospitals, treatment by labotomy, shock therapy, and/or chemical castration, or permanent institutionalized social separation?

Stop being so hyperbolic.

I vote we table this topic until we get Joe’s Afghan debacle somewhat stabilized. 😃

Did I say that we should use labotomies or shock therapy? Or did you say that?

I said it was treated as a mental condition years ago, and maybe we need to reconsider looking at this as a mental disorder today. I'm sure that in 2021, there would be other more modern methods outside of the Nurse Ratchet scenario that you want to plant in peoples' minds.

We should at least bring psychiatric hospitals more back into the mainstream solution discussion instead of just drugging people up and cutting them loose.

And why try to force the untenable position?

Reactions: Rickyvol77

To me, this is all indicative of the political climate we currently inhabit.

Our parasitical, tribal politics necessitates that there be continued divisions and issues to be fought over. The system must perpetually create “us vs them” dynamics to preserve power.

Once the Same-Sex Marriage debate was largely resolved, it was crucial that another issue take its place in the on-going culture war. The trans/non-binary debate is that one.

This same system of division is being employed in the COVID vaccine issue. The powers that be MUST create bad guys to be hated (in this case, the unvaccinated), and good guys to be loved (the vaccinated). People love to hate, and the powers that be give them more reasons to do so.

I also think this tribalistic political system is evident of a world devoid of absolute grounds for good vs evil. We live in the post-modern world where (in the words of Nietzsche) “God is dead,” and all attending values, like true good & evil, are dead with Him.

In such a world, people must create their own values, or latch on to those of others. The “herd” have grasped on to politics and social issues as their arbiter of moral truth. This allows them to feel virtuous and have a sense of superiority & distinction, while it is truly indicative of their ressentiment.

God was exchanged for Politics, righteousness for wokeness, sin for wrong-think, and “the damned” for “bigots.”

As an Agnostic, it is bizarre just how similar to religions & cults that Politics, especially on the Left, has become.

We should at least bring psychiatric hospitals more back into the mainstream solution discussion instead of just drugging people up and cutting them loose.

I agree 100%. We also need to work hard to destigmatize making use of psychiatric hospitals, therapists, etc for more than just suicidal ideation and marital trouble.

And why try to force the untenable position?

I wasn't trying to be a jerk with my response; those were the acceptable treatments for transsexualism and gender dysphoria in the "old days". Or Christian conversion therapy if their church sponsored it.

For far too many people, the "old days" mean either hiding who they were, being social outcasts, or the therapies I mentioned earlier. The only people those days were good for were the people who got to ignore what others were going through.

You said old days. I mentioned acceptable medical practice prior to Stonewall. Did you mean something different?
I never mentioned shock therapy or labotomies. You introduced that to the conversation.

Reactions: Orangeburst
I agree 100%. We also need to work hard to destigmatize making use of psychiatric hospitals, therapists, etc for more than just suicidal ideation and marital trouble.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk with my response; those were the acceptable treatments for transsexualism and gender dysphoria in the "old days". Or Christian conversion therapy if their church sponsored it.

For far too many people, the "old days" mean either hiding who they were, being social outcasts, or the therapies I mentioned earlier. The only people those days were good for were the people who got to ignore what others were going through.
You intentionally placed words in my mouth as a way to distort what I was saying. This is why we can't have honest debate anymore in this country. people like you (not just picking on you necessarily because this happens on the right, also) insert subjects into the conversation that were never brought up or even alluded to.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Uh Oh, Ras V AshG. I got 2 to 1 on Ras.

There's no vs going on, I'll gladly bow out once the specific treatments from the "old days" that would be acceptable to him are mentioned. I would love to be proven wrong.

VN Store

Back