Lindsey Nelson Stadium,

Everyone should be pleased. Construction or destruction has begun. They began this morning taking down the metal bleachers in left field so there you go. Doing something to begin the process.
To answer the question on next year. They are working on a plan to do camps next year. I'm not sure everyone understands how this all came to be.
In May, the NCAA baseball committee decided that there will be no contact with players off campus until August 1st of their junior year. That changed the total recruiting process because they had been able to have conversations by phone as long as the recruit initiated the contact.
That rule change greatly affected how recruiting is done and so it made on campus camps vital. That is the only time coaches can interact with younger players. They could not move it off campus because of the rule this year. They are working on a plan or a provision by the NCAA for next summer but it was not available this summer so they had to have them on campus. They would not allow you to take your campers off campus and have contact.
This gives them a year to either work with the contractors on a plan for next summer to alleviate liability which could be making campers and parents go into the picnic area beyond left field or a temporary seating area or even completely off campus but they have time to figure out a solution. It is not as easy as it sounds and if you don't understand the logistics it is not as easy as move it off campus. That defeats the purpose of a prospect camp.
They are revising part of their fall practice schedule to make it work with the players and construction. What that completely looks like I'm not sure they know yet but are finishing up plans now.
Are camps going on at LNS during this bleacher destruction?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Everyone should be pleased. Construction or destruction has begun. They began this morning taking down the metal bleachers in left field so there you go. Doing something to begin the process.
To answer the question on next year. They are working on a plan to do camps next year. I'm not sure everyone understands how this all came to be.
In May, the NCAA baseball committee decided that there will be no contact with players off campus until August 1st of their junior year. That changed the total recruiting process because they had been able to have conversations by phone as long as the recruit initiated the contact.
That rule change greatly affected how recruiting is done and so it made on campus camps vital. That is the only time coaches can interact with younger players. They could not move it off campus because of the rule this year. They are working on a plan or a provision by the NCAA for next summer but it was not available this summer so they had to have them on campus. They would not allow you to take your campers off campus and have contact.
This gives them a year to either work with the contractors on a plan for next summer to alleviate liability which could be making campers and parents go into the picnic area beyond left field or a temporary seating area or even completely off campus but they have time to figure out a solution. It is not as easy as it sounds and if you don't understand the logistics it is not as easy as move it off campus. That defeats the purpose of a prospect camp.
They are revising part of their fall practice schedule to make it work with the players and construction. What that completely looks like I'm not sure they know yet but are finishing up plans now.
I would think if they leased a field off campus for the camps, that field would then become part of campus.

I would guess you don’t want to mix 13-17 year olds and their parents into a construction zone. Big word would be liability. I understand they are going to limit accessibility to parts of the stadium this fall as they begin renovation/construction. That is easier to do with college students than teenagers and their parents. Part of the prospect camp is to show them all of the facilities, including the renovations that are going to happen.
And VolNation's job is to jump to conclusions, and second guess everything. lol.

ould be pleased. Construction or destruction has begun.
I'm excited!

So these new bleachers....are they bigger metal replacements or are we gonna see some stone in these new ones?

Reactions: Walkman
I was under the impression that most of the increased seating capacity was coming not next season but the following.
I don't know that it's ever been made clear. I would think the left field seats would shoot for completion by the start of the season. My reasoning is almost everything else is is elevated work including suites , press box and loge and that seems like it would take more time and we wouldn't see that until 25. Now that site prep is finally starting maybe there will be a press conference or a release with a timeline.

I don't know that it's ever been made clear. I would think the left field seats would shoot for completion by the start of the season. My reasoning is almost everything else is is elevated work including suites , press box and loge and that seems like it would take more time and we wouldn't see that until 25. Now that site prep is finally starting maybe there will be a press conference or a release with a timeline.

That was what the ticket office told me when I got put on the waitlist. They said it probably wouldn't be for a few years till they got through the current waitlist.

The right field seating area was under construction even during one of the "He Who Should Not Be Named" Seasons. As it took over a calendar year to complete. The concrete was roped off as ugly as HWSNBN's coaching style

Reactions: Ned Land
if I had to guess if it ever happens.........Regal Entertainment Group, Inc.

Regal name already on Soccer Stadium. The baseball stadium is a increasingly high profile facility. Could be something pretty cool.

Thinking around the region and recent news

First Horizon
Pilot/Flying J
Weigels
Mayfield's
Tennessee Farm Bureau
Moon Pie
Dr. Enuf
Pal's
Applebee's
Waffle House
French's Mustard
Franzia Boxed Wines (ha!)
Buddy's
Any of the large Credit Unions (Y12, TVA, ORNL, UT Employees, Enrichment)
Covenant/Tennova/UTMC
Denso
Clayton
Cracker Barrel
Copper Cellar Group (Calhouns et al)
Connor Concepts
Sea Ray
Dollywood
Bush Bros
Jack Daniels (woo hoo)
EdFinancial
Stokely Hospitality