Lindsey Nelson Stadium,

Doubt anything will take place tomorrow unless it's more "fund raising". Think the most we get this cycle...assuming it actually starts...is added seating down the 3rd base line and some other things that I can't recall. It's happening...wait for it...."soon". Honestly, I'd settle for giving the front entrance a good pressure washing or maybe some paint here and there. Something, anything. This program deserves far better than we currently have in terms of facilities. Embarrassing to have to play in Hattiesburg. Should have had shovels in the ground the day after our last game. Yeah, there's all sorts of rules and hoops to jump thru. Just witching about how slowly the wheels turn....if they're turning at all.

Maybe we are looking at some cosmetic touch ups and the meat of the work commences after the 2024 season to allow for more time for fund raising.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don’t think it is them dragging their feet. TV knows he has to have his prospects on campus so I believe he is probably the one slowing down the process right now.
Not sure why they can’t start a portion of the renovation while the prospects are in town…to me it would show them in person how we are making progress, expanding and improving LNS.

I would guess you don’t want to mix 13-17 year olds and their parents into a construction zone. Big word would be liability. I understand they are going to limit accessibility to parts of the stadium this fall as they begin renovation/construction. That is easier to do with college students than teenagers and their parents. Part of the prospect camp is to show them all of the facilities, including the renovations that are going to happen.

I would guess you don’t want to mix 13-17 year olds and their parents into a construction zone. Big word would be liability. I understand they are going to limit accessibility to parts of the stadium this fall as they begin renovation/construction. That is easier to do with college students than teenagers and their parents. Part of the prospect camp is to show them all of the facilities, including the renovations that are going to happen.
I understand what you are saying but i still believe there is work they could be doing without endangering 13 and 17 year olds. Hopefully we see some real progress before next season. Something more than a couple of metal bleachers.

Not sure why they can’t start a portion of the renovation while the prospects are in town…to me it would show them in person how we are making progress, expanding and improving LNS.
Ding,ding,ding..We have a winner.
Talk is cheap

Reactions: Walkman
I understand what you are saying but i still believe there is work they could be doing without endangering 13 and 17 year olds. Hopefully we see some real progress before next season. Something more than a couple of metal bleachers.

Ever try to take instruction from someone while nearby someone is pouring concrete, saw cutting concrete, or driving piles, or big diesel engines at work? Exactly what should they be doing while someone else is occupying the site?

Come on man, some of these answers are lame.
So no prep work etc can be going on outside the facility? Drainage, sewer, electrical upgrade etc.
It just seems were kicking the can down the road.
How's Tony going to handle things " when" construction begins? Might have to play some games in Sevierville etc.
I sure hope them boys don't get distracted by a train or an airplane overhead.

I am not sure why you consistently say this when Danny White hasn't delayed anything while at UT. He gets things done. It is going to be a measured approach to keep playing there. Plain and simple.
Because I'm hungry, I've lived through the downtrodden, AD didn't give a crap years.
I'm ready to join the elite and stop talking about it.

Come on man, some of these answers are lame.
So no prep work etc can be going on outside the facility? Drainage, sewer, electrical upgrade etc.
It just seems were kicking the can down the road.
How's Tony going to handle things " when" construction begins? Might have to play some games in Sevierville etc.
I sure hope them boys don't get distracted by a train or an airplane overhead.
It is different with just College Players doing the stuff they do every day than it is when you are bringing in recruits and this is the only time you can talk to them for the next year. If we want to continue to have great recruiting classes those prospect camps are vital. You also do not want the liability of kids and their parents and construction going on at the same time when all the parents are in the stands and walking around the complex.
Once they are done with the prospect camps and the tournaments and showcases, they can close down everything up top and lock all the gates and keep people out but while the showcase camps and those things are going on. It would be silly not to have Parents and players in the stands and other areas.
At our church we were just renovating our family life center but we had to close it down completely for two weeks because of liability and all the construction stuff sitting around.
I can guarantee Coach V is more anxious than anybody to get it going, but also understands that what is happening right now is vital to the future of UT baseball

Ever try to take instruction from someone while nearby someone is pouring concrete, saw cutting concrete, or driving piles, or big diesel engines at work? Exactly what should they be doing while someone else is occupying the site?
🤣🤣🤣. Good grief kid, please tell me you’re joking.

Reactions: Zues1
🤣🤣🤣. Good grief kid, please tell me you’re joking.

Contractors do not want and will not allow non-employees on a site on which they are working. They must have complete control over it. People who run instruction camps do not want construction activities on their site while they are conducting instructions. Your position that the two can coexist on the same site at the same time is ridiculous.

[VIDEO=]
Contractors do not want and will not allow non-employees on a site on which they are working. They must have complete control over it. People who run instruction camps do not want construction activities on their site while they are conducting instructions. Your position that the two can coexist on the same site at the same time is ridiculous.[/QUOTE

Whatever you say chief! I’m thinking there is other work arounds like using other baseball facilities for the camps if the construction crews won’t allow it.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. I personally believe that it’s very important for UT/Danny to make some major improvements for the upcoming season at LNS. Especially after losing out to a mid major for hosting. Hopefully we’ll see some nice improvements for next season. I feel it’s very important to show some tangible upgrades—so the money/donors continue to pour into Tony’s program.
PS. I get it bud with the red tape, construction activities, baseball camps and etc. Thanks for the lecture🤣🤣🤣.

Reactions: Zues1
Not sure where the idea that the University Administration is deliberately delaying the start of the stadium improvements. I know we have been dealing with the issue of renovations for a year plus but to be honest the Board of Trustees only approved the final plans and the amount of money required to pay for those improvements on 30 June 23.

UT Board of Trustees approves renovation budget for stadiums | wbir.com

Give the recruits and their families a hard hat and hammer, call it a “team building experience” and save on labor costs...

Because I'm hungry, I've lived through the downtrodden, AD didn't give a crap years.
I'm ready to join the elite and stop talking about it.

We already have bud, imagine what it’s going to be like playing in a palace?!
Patience Zues, patience.

So what will they do with these camps next year? I'm assuming next year will have to be the bulk of the larger parts of the project?

Everyone should be pleased. Construction or destruction has begun. They began this morning taking down the metal bleachers in left field so there you go. Doing something to begin the process.
To answer the question on next year. They are working on a plan to do camps next year. I'm not sure everyone understands how this all came to be.
In May, the NCAA baseball committee decided that there will be no contact with players off campus until August 1st of their junior year. That changed the total recruiting process because they had been able to have conversations by phone as long as the recruit initiated the contact.
That rule change greatly affected how recruiting is done and so it made on campus camps vital. That is the only time coaches can interact with younger players. They could not move it off campus because of the rule this year. They are working on a plan or a provision by the NCAA for next summer but it was not available this summer so they had to have them on campus. They would not allow you to take your campers off campus and have contact.
This gives them a year to either work with the contractors on a plan for next summer to alleviate liability which could be making campers and parents go into the picnic area beyond left field or a temporary seating area or even completely off campus but they have time to figure out a solution. It is not as easy as it sounds and if you don't understand the logistics it is not as easy as move it off campus. That defeats the purpose of a prospect camp.
They are revising part of their fall practice schedule to make it work with the players and construction. What that completely looks like I'm not sure they know yet but are finishing up plans now.

Last edited:
Everyone should be pleased. Construction or destruction has begun. They began this morning taking down the metal bleachers in left field so there you go. Doing something to begin the process.
To answer the question on next year. They are working on a plan to do camps next year. I'm not sure everyone understands how this all came to be.
In May, the NCAA baseball committee decided that there will be no contact with players off campus until August 1st of their junior year. That changed the total recruiting process because they had been able to have conversations by phone as long as the recruit initiated the contact.
That rule change greatly affected how recruiting is done and so it may on campus camps vital. That is the only time coaches can interact with younger players. They could not move it off campus because of the rule this year. They are working on a plan or a provision by the NCAA for next summer but it was not available this summer so they had to have them on campus. They would not allow you to take your campers off campus and have contact.
This gives them a year to either work with the contractors on a plan for next summer to alleviate liability which could be making campers and parents go into the picnic area beyond left field or a temporary seating area or even completely off campus but they have time to figure out a solution. It is not as easy as it sounds and if you don't understand the logistics it is not as easy as move it off campus. That defeats the purpose of a prospect camp.
They are revising part of their fall practice schedule to make it work with the players and construction. What that completely looks like I'm not sure they know yet but are finishing up plans now.
That rule change greatly affected how recruiting is done and so it may on campus camps vital. That is the only time coaches can interact with younger players. They could not move it off campus because of the rule this year. They are working on a plan or a provision by the NCAA for next summer but it was not available this summer so they had to have them on campus. They would not allow you to take your campers off campus and have contact.
Thank you Preacherman. For those of us that live far from KnoxVegas can some of you post photos as the work continues?

The NCAA is a pest.

That rule change greatly affected how recruiting is done and so it made on campus camps vital. That is the only time coaches can interact with younger players. They could not move it off campus because of the rule this year. They are working on a plan or a provision by the NCAA for next summer but it was not available this summer so they had to have them on campus. They would not allow you to take your campers off campus and have contact.
Thanks for the updates!!! GBO!

VN Store

Back