Lizards

It sort of is?

2001 Furman (he was the QB) lost their first game of the year.

And 2015 Alabama (he was the WR coach) lost in September.

But 2011 Alabama (he was an analyst for the team) didn’t lose until November, however.
I mean I guess if that is the narrative lol.

I didn't realize he won a NC while playing at Furman.

Reactions: VAVol85
great, we will be the team that he figures it all out against and has a Heisman-esque performance before disappearing.
Nope, you BVS sufferers don’t get to do this. If they were changing qbs right before our game you could. But no. There will be plenty of tape on the kid by the time they come to Knoxville.

The running joke is about the backup qb. You’re not the backup when you’ve started 3-4 games in a row.
then maybe the now starter struggles, and they have to put Mertz back in after getting zero practice time over the coming weeks, and they beat us.

then maybe the now starter struggles, and they have to put Mertz back in after getting zero practice time over the coming weeks, and they beat us.
Lol. I just don’t get fretting over it. Will being all gloom and doom about it now really make you any less upset if we lose somehow? Like we lose to this abysmal Florida team and you’re going to be like, “No big, I expected this, everything’s hunky dory”? I can’t imagine that’s the case. If we win big, all this negativity and pearl clutching just makes you look silly. If we win close, maybe it’s a wash. If we manage to lose, you’re still going to be upset, but instead of only being upset after the game, you made yourself miserable before too. What possible benefit do you and the rest of the Florida Jinx crowd gain from continuing to peddle this narrative?

What's your metreic (wins, streak of wins, balance of series, etc) and where does it need to be before you put the "Florida fealty" behind you?
a nice streak of wins, 5 or 6 games, or if we lose a couple and its not to some flukey bs.

I don't have similar thoughts with Bama even though their streak was just as bad. they are/were better than us, and beat us. nothing to explain there.

Florida? Florida was often terrible, and we would just find ways to lose.

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
Lol. I just don’t get fretting over it. Will being all gloom and doom about it now really make you any less upset if we lose somehow? Like we lose to this abysmal Florida team and you’re going to be like, “No big, I expected this, everything’s hunky dory”? I can’t imagine that’s the case. If we win big, all this negativity and pearl clutching just makes you look silly. If we win close, maybe it’s a wash. If we manage to lose, you’re still going to be upset, but instead of only being upset after the game, you made yourself miserable before too. What possible benefit do you and the rest of the Florida Jinx crowd gain from continuing to peddle this narrative?
I have always been a "hope for the best, prepare for the worst" crowd. the Florida game has been in the "worst" category for most of my fandom going back to '07.

I started out with a much more positive attitude, but got kicked in the nuts enough times to wear a cup now. if you want to call that pearl clutching fine, just don't come complaining after the game when we lose. granted I don't think we lose this year, but last year is a good example.

to me its more enjoyable to be realistic with a season than thinking we should play in the Super Bowl every year and fall short. It also lets me be a fan of the real team, instead of the expectations I have for the team. That attitude of "you aren't a real fan unless you think we go 17-0" doesn't fly with me, and just reeks of bandwagon fans who took off their orange for the last decade. I am not afraid to be a fan of UT when we are 3-7 or when we are 10-2.

the only thing that affects my level of fun or suffering is purely the results of the game. I don't get the mindset of thinking that I have to think we win every game to have fun with college football or as a fan. I like the sport of college football on its own, I am an alum so UT is my school win, lose, or otherwise.

fwiw I will be at the UF game this year.

Reactions: Coach_Z
Our AD can kick rocks.

I can’t remember the overall leadership at UF being this poor in my lifetime.
hopefully it takes you guys as long as it did UT to figure it out. I suggest hiring a guy good at raising money but who doesn't understand the "athletic" part of the gig. then follow it up with a NC winning past head coach with little to no experience to be the AD.

I don't understand how you could have FSU as better than UF right now. two ugly losses against lesser teams.

Does UF make a run at Kiffy?
Kiffy will be losing a ton of talent this off-season. So it would be a good opportunity to jump ship. But at the same time, he sort of has it made at Ole Miss at the moment. He'll be gone at UF within 4 years if he isn't winning at least 8-9 games per year.

Ole Miss is a much better job now than it was when he took it over. Ole Miss actually has a good NIL and with the 12 team playoff, has a better than decent chance of making it in.

As a side note, with the new playoff format, I think teams will find it harder to pull good HCs from non traditional power house schools. Coaches like Lance Leipold will see that it is far easier to compete for a playoff spot at Kansas than at somewhere like UF. Obviously money talks, but UF can't use "competing for a Natty" as a good selling point anymore, because it's easier to compete for a Natty where they are,

Reactions: SpookyAction
Kiffy will be losing a ton of talent this off-season. So it would be a good opportunity to jump ship. But at the same time, he sort of has it made at Ole Miss at the moment. He'll be gone at UF within 4 years if he isn't winning at least 8-9 games per year.

Ole Miss is a much better job now than it was when he took it over. Ole Miss actually has a good NIL and with the 12 team playoff, has a better than decent chance of making it in.

As a side note, with the new playoff format, I think teams will find it harder to pull good HCs from non traditional power house schools. Coaches like Lance Leipold will see that it is far easier to compete for a playoff spot at Kansas than at somewhere like UF. Obviously money talks, but UF can't use "competing for a Natty" as a good selling point anymore, because it's easier to compete for a Natty where they are,

Kiffin has matured quite a bit. However, his ego still has to be fed from time to time and that UF job would seal the deal.

Reactions: adam.vol

VN Store

Back