Locker Room Issues?

right I get why Milton makes more money than our defense backs. What I'm saying is that the economics of NIL is leading to team chemistry problems cause guys don't feel like their getting treated fairly or don't like that Milton is handing out beats while he is getting fat checks left and right. Last night is prove that a quarterback isn't anything without good play from his teammates. I think a smart quarterback would commit most of his money to the NIL group and make sure that his guys can eat as well. Idk if that is happening with Tennessee or not, but I'm concerned about it.
100%. If Banks going back to last year had animosity towards Hendon, I understand if he felt he’s not getting his. Not saying it has to be even, but understand a Tennessee kid going all out feeling under appreciated and frustrated by it.

Coach going to have to find that person who brings chemistry to the team. To your point, I have NO idea if something is going on behind the scenes, but after last night's game, I imagine there will likely be locker room issues. When play is that bad, it's hard to keep issues at bay. JMO, but as someone told me this week, "my opinion doesn't matter." Followed with a "Joe's fine." LOL, I still have the right to express my opinion.
VOLS forum eats its own.
Happens everyday on here.
Plenty of rude and obnoxious (for no good reason) posts and big bad members posting lots of smack they would never say to your face; low-key and straight-up insulting people for their posts.
They should know how to have a polite difference of opinion, but get off on being tough and rude on a friendly forum. Arrogantly treating a difference of opinion as stupidity is a bad psychological sign.
I feel bad for their family members.

VOLS forum eats its own.
Happens everyday on here.
Plenty of rude and obnoxious (for no good reason) posts and big bad members posting lots of smack they would never say to your face; low-key and straight-up insulting people for their posts.
They should know how to have a polite difference of opinion, but get off on being tough and rude on a friendly forum. Arrogantly treating a difference of opinion as stupidity is a bad psychological sign.
I feel bad for their family members.
Wish I could 'like' it again.

Just rewatched Heupel’s post game conference.

Reading his body language, he doesn’t seem calm and collected. Almost as if there’s some sort of distraction going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about. He looks upset.

I’m not excusing the poor performance but something is definitely going on with the teams’ chemistry.
Team seemed unmotivated. I don’t think they care that much about winning vs getting individual stats. However, I could be wrong. I’d like someone to pull some video showing how upset players were after the loss. I cant find any.

Team lacks leaders. We all knew the offense would probably take a step back. The defense had to be better this year, it's not. To get bodied like they did in the first half of that game tells me we need staff changes.. Poor technique and undisplined.. Defense is about attitude.. You have to play defense angry..

Reactions: lifeisdeep

Reading his body language, he doesn’t seem calm and collected. Almost as if there’s some sort of distraction going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about. He looks upset.

I’m not excusing the poor performance but something is definitely going on with the teams’ chemistry.
No. Quit spreading this crap.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL

Hooker and Wright were the main team leaders last season and it is time for players like Beasley, Mays, and Thomas to step up and OWN the leadership and locker room.

right I get why Milton makes more money than our defense backs. What I'm saying is that the economics of NIL is leading to team chemistry problems cause guys don't feel like their getting treated fairly or don't like that Milton is handing out beats while he is getting fat checks left and right. Last night is prove that a quarterback isn't anything without good play from his teammates. I think a smart quarterback would commit most of his money to the NIL group and make sure that his guys can eat as well. Idk if that is happening with Tennessee or not, but I'm concerned about it.
Hooker made over a million in NIL and this wasn't a problem. You may not like NIL but the players realize that at the next level too QBs make more money usually than others.

Money isn't the issue. Even in the old days, some players got bigger "handshakes" than others and the players knew it.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Seems like the locker room issues have continued since the South Carolina game last year.
Maybe because some of the major players with that ^^^^^ situation are still around and are not team but me players and they suck on top of it.

LOL! He was disappointed about the team’s performance but you were able to extrapolate all that nonsense of team chemistry by watching the press conference. Some of you make crap up in your own head and then state it as fact. So mind numbingly stupid.
Yeah, I was just assuming he was pi$$ed that his team just got their @$$ handed to them by the gators.
I guess you could call that a “distraction?!”

Reactions: BigBadVol

I would say he was just angry and trying not to say things that would make it worse. I cannot imagine that he isn't furious with SEC officiating after the last two weeks. He was pretty obviously mad that the official had kicked the ball. He said he had never seen that before. UF used that time to get in subs... with Milton not getting the team over the ball for the snap and a free play.

He obviously expected Milton and several others to play better than they've played. There is a huge level of frustration when a guy does something in practice and then doesn't do the same in games. And then you had the missing guys and whatever issues caused them to be out.

It took a ton of restraint for it not to boil over.

The only issue on this team right now is Kamal Hadden is currently still on it.
I got $50 that says dude won’t crack double digits on the Wonderlic Test come next March…

I would say he was just angry and trying not to say things that would make it worse. I cannot imagine that he isn't furious with SEC officiating after the last two weeks. He was pretty obviously mad that the official had kicked the ball. He said he had never seen that before. UF used that time to get in subs... with Milton not getting the team over the ball for the snap and a free play.

He obviously expected Milton and several others to play better than they've played. There is a huge level of frustration when a guy does something in practice and then doesn't do the same in games. And then you had the missing guys and whatever issues caused them to be out.

It took a ton of restraint for it not to boil over.

Agreed.

However, this team hasn’t looked focused since the AUP game which makes me believe something is going on behind the scenes whether it’s NIL, behavior issues…Something just seems “off” with this team.

Reactions: tbh
Hooker made over a million in NIL and this wasn't a problem. You may not like NIL but the players realize that at the next level too QBs make more money usually than others.

Money isn't the issue. Even in the old days, some players got bigger "handshakes" than others and the players knew it.
You don't think it was a problem last year? There were fights in the locker room before the South Carolina game, division between the offense and defense and several critical defensive players end up sitting at home. We arguably didn't make the playoffs last year because of nil issues. I'm not opposed to NIL, I just think you have to structure it in a way that doesn't damage team chemistry.

VN Store

Back