‘23 LSU transfer OT Zalance Heard (Tennessee)

How does it fit? Do you know this kid?
No, but it would make sense as to why it hadn’t been announced. Makes a lot more sense than what 2/3 of the “insiders” are saying is the reason it’s taking so long.
It’s hard for us to make the adjustment with NIL but sexton does this for his clients every year. And we don’t flinch. I know some will call it greed but these kids are being paid in the open and are essentially free agents. These things happen. Close the deal and hopefully he really
Helps us.
Agreed! He knows he’s coveted and he’s going to do what’s best for him. That’s not greed, that’s called doing business.

Do the fans have a valid point? I’ve never been to a hoops game

Student seating on sides of court, instead of end zones, makes for a way more electric atmosphere. Mich St and Duke are examples of places that do it best.

The trade off is less money. And UT loves their money. Not just UT, most schools are like this. UK, Kansas, UT, etc all prioritize money in seating.

No, but it would make sense as to why it hadn’t been announced. Makes a lot more sense than what 2/3 of the “insiders” are saying is the reason it’s taking so long.

Agreed! He knows he’s coveted and he’s going to do what’s best for him. That’s not greed, that’s called doing business.

It makes more sense than he’s committed but he gets to decide to when to announce?

Reactions: OrangenSC

Accepting a deal and then attempting to change the deal is shady and casts some question on your ethics. Of course we don't know that is what is happening, only that TB believes so. It's certainly plausible, but I'm content to leave it to the professionals to decide when it rises from strong negotiating to and ethics problems.

Accepting a deal and then attempting to change the deal is shady and casts some question on your ethics. Of course we don't know that is what is happening, only that TB believes so. It's certainly plausible, but I'm content to leave it to the professionals to decide when it rises from strong negotiating to and ethics problems.
If nothing’s been signed and it’s just verbal, that’s not officially accepting anything, especially if another school is in the picture—not saying it is, but who really knows. I don’t really consider that bad ethics unless something was signed or whatever and then he came and said “nevermind”.

It makes more sense than he’s committed but he gets to decide to when to announce?
In my mind, yes. Considering the experience I’ve had with high school and college level recruits/egos, it’s eye raising why he’s waited so long if he’s “already committed”. But it’s obvious you disagree, which is fine, that’s the point of message boards. I appreciate the cordial disagreement as opposed to the name calling that others resort to on here.

The only reason I have it is because the person who dog sat for me left their account on my TV. Outside of the office, and maybe some extreme WWE fans, I don't know why anybody would subscribe to peacock.

And even WWE fans hate peacock and want the WWE network back lol

Reactions: UTvols#1
Has the report he lost a teammate to a fire been proved or disproved? I HOPE that we can factually find out that he finalized a deal, but deferred any type of announcement to avoid news cycle conflict with the town dealing with a tragedy. Kind of hard to celebrate in the face of that incident IF TRUE. Would be petty. Then I will go back and cheap shot the cheap shot artists in this thread for their lack of class. If he has been stringing our staff out, I will sulk away in AN ADMITTED defeat. Just don't see the staff playing multiple mind games with any prospect.

If nothing’s been signed and it’s just verbal, that’s not officially accepting anything, especially if another school is in the picture—not saying it is, but who really knows. I don’t really consider that bad ethics unless something was signed or whatever and then he came and said “nevermind”.
I've done multi-million dollar deals on a word. If somebody tells you they accept the terms, the deal should be done with or without contracts. If someone says yes and then comes back and changes the deal, I will personally be very careful in dealing with them, up to choosing not to do so. Just my opinion. We have zero proof that's what's happening, although it's certainly plausible.

I have often said: "Choose your partners well and contracts aren't required. Choose your partners poorly and contracts aren't enough."

Has the report he lost a teammate to a fire been proved or disproved? I HOPE that we can factually find out that he finalized a deal, but deferred any type of announcement to avoid news cycle conflict with the town dealing with a tragedy. Kind of hard to celebrate in the face of that incident IF TRUE. Would be petty. Then I will go back and cheap shot the cheap shot artists in this thread for their lack of class. If he has been stringing our staff out, I will sulk away in defeat. Just don't see the staff playing multiple mind games with any prospect.

The report is true that there was a current football player from his HS that died, yes.

An announcement also doesn’t really matter. The staff knows whether or not he’s in the boat. Considering it appears we’ve stopped pursuit of all other OTs….

I've done multi-million dollar deals on a word. If somebody tells you they accept the terms, the deal should be done with or without contracts. If someone says yes and then comes back and changes the deal, I will personally be very careful in dealing with them, up to choosing not to do so. Just my opinion. We have zero proof that's what's happening, although it's certainly plausible.

I have often said: "Choose your partners well and contracts aren't required. Choose your partners poorly and contracts aren't enough."
Fair, but keep in mind you’re not dealing with 30, 40, 50 year old adults. We’re talking 18-23 year old boys.

If this guy signs with us ...he will be another Tyler Baron...threatening to leave every offseason
So what, it is the game that is being played in the world of Portal and NIL. Not going away.
At least, it will get us to another Recruiting cycle. Pull their scholarship and tell them to move on and NIL should be on performance not on potential. Not going to happen.

Reactions: TheRain
Student seating on sides of court, instead of end zones, makes for a way more electric atmosphere. Mich St and Duke are examples of places that do it best.

The trade off is less money. And UT loves their money. Not just UT, most schools are like this. UK, Kansas, UT, etc all prioritize money in seating.
And the very fact that they would sell naming rights to a GROCERY STORE for crying out loud show just how far they will prostrate themselves for coin

So now is the time when people start to reason why nothing has been made public. The reasons given by those that probably know are not good enough. Of course you have those who make money off people listening to their theories so they will have something sensational. There will be those that want attention and come up with stories about snow in Oxford. Going to have to choose who to listen to. Or just wait until he wants to talk himself.

So now is the time when people start to reason why nothing has been made public. The reasons given by those that probably know are not good enough. Of course you have those who make money off people listening to their theories so they will have something sensational. There will be those that want attention and come up with stories about snow in Oxford. Going to have to choose who to listen to. Or just wait until he wants to talk himself.
People will think what they want to think. He left LSU for some combination of PT and money, so he's already given you some insight about what's important to him. It's likely that if there is a delay it's related to one or both. We'll know one way or the other soon, but it's certainly plausible he's dragging his feet for something and people are gonna speculate as to what that might be.

Reactions: UTwild82
People will think what they want to think. He left LSU for some combination of PT and money, so he's already given you some insight about what's important to him. It's likely that if there is a delay it's related to one or both. We'll know one way or the other soon, but it's certainly plausible he's dragging his feet for something and people are gonna speculate as to what that might be.
Speculate away….

VN Store

Back