‘23 LSU transfer OT Zalance Heard (Tennessee)

Not sure if discussed yet but if he hasn't signed for whatever reason he better figure it out soon. I imagine that there will be as good or better players enter the portal that we could pursue.
You would probably imagine wrong. We have made an offer that he accepted. By all indications, he has signed said offer. So, there really is no hurry at all unless he doesn't show up for class on the 22nd.

How do you know this?
Cmon man… I know your whole shtick is devils advocate and calling people out on opinion verse fact (which I respect as it’s needed for most on here), but simply questioning the validity of someone’s opinion without providing examples of alternatives explanations or - god forbid - your own opinion, is just detractive from inclusivity and conversation in general (which is why the overwhelming majority of us are spending time and posting on here on this free message board).

In this situation, his claim is not fact but it’s certainly not too far off base of an opinion. It has been talked about much that the main factors for this kid “seem” to be NIL and his ability to start (probably at LT). Both those are not givens and up for negotiating annually. NIL, because if he performs then his value and leverage abilities rise every year. Position, because someone will always be trying to take his spot and comparing their own NIL cost vs reward analysis against his for the sake of roster management. And in todays age with the portal the way it is, and assuming players NIL deals are not so restrictive that they can’t negotiate or shop them, the chances of a player - who has set a precedent by portaling once already - being more like a Tyler baron then say a [insert name of 4 year starter] are higher in general and it’s not so ridiculous to make a claim that they will be an annual challenge to manage (as every player increasingly is for the mere fact that NIL exists).

Not exactly. Unless I missed the clause in the rules made especially for those 2 schools.
It’s a week after your bowl game. The only other way they could enter now is if their coach was fired or moved elsewhere. So the only schools the portal is open to is Washington, Michigan, Alabama, and Arizona if I remember correctly

Reactions: DarthVol1
This kid hasn’t tweeted in a year and a half. Doesn’t seem the type that needs the attention like many highly touted kids nowadays. Those are you talking about how he’s the type to “threaten to leave every offseason,” or any other type of negativity needs to understand this is the opposite of how Jordan Seaton played it.

You are the emotional ones, not him.

So now is the time when people start to reason why nothing has been made public. The reasons given by those that probably know are not good enough. Of course you have those who make money off people listening to their theories so they will have something sensational. There will be those that want attention and come up with stories about snow in Oxford. Going to have to choose who to listen to. Or just wait until he wants to talk himself.
Whatever you do, don’t listen to anyone who quotes AP, has been seen posting in the FF forum, or references “what they are hearing”. Best of luck navigating this complex world.

*Debated using blue font for the above comment.*

This kid hasn’t tweeted in a year and a half. Doesn’t seem the type that needs the attention like many highly touted kids nowadays. Those are you talking about how he’s the type to “threaten to leave every offseason,” or any other type of negativity needs to understand this is the opposite of how Jordan Seaton played it.

You are the emotional ones, not him.
Great point. Lack of twitter presence is very telling of his personality type: more private, not about the “games”. Also though, just because he’s not making it public doesn’t mean he’s not a threat to leave. Not saying he’ll leave. Just being devils advocate. Good players will always be a potential threat to leave because they have the demand and leverage. Personally though, I think he has a chance to be our best olineman, and I’d like to think we’ll do enough to retain our best guy, especially with Nico’s livelihood on the line.

@MarcoVol

Reactions: Helton1
Great point. Lack of twitter presence is very telling of his personality type: more private, not about the “games”. Also though, just because he’s not making it public doesn’t mean he’s not a threat to leave. Not saying he’ll leave. Just being devils advocate. Good players will always be a potential threat to leave because they have the demand and leverage. Personally though, I think he has a chance to be our best olineman, and I’d like to think we’ll do enough to retain our best guy, especially with Nico’s livelihood on the line.
Some will white knight him. Others will accuse him of being a mercenary. It's hard to say at this point. We do have some facts and those facts contribute to narrative. Time will tell what's real and not.

As fans, very few here would be saying nice things about a 5* OT who left UT after one year. And as fans, we tend to work hard to overlook 'issues' in players we deem as helpful.

I'm choosing not to pass judgment either way, but I certainly understand why people might.

Some will white knight him. Others will accuse him of being a mercenary. It's hard to say at this point. We do have some facts and those facts contribute to narrative. Time will tell what's real and not.

As fans, very few here would be saying nice things about a 5* OT who left UT after one year. And as fans, we tend to work hard to overlook 'issues' in players we deem as helpful.

I'm choosing not to pass judgment either way, but I certainly understand why people might.
You SS as in elite Nazi paramilitary force, or SS Minnow?

VN Store

Back