‘23 LSU transfer OT Zalance Heard (Tennessee)

Cmon man… I know your whole shtick is devils advocate and calling people out on opinion verse fact (which I respect as it’s needed for most on here), but simply questioning the validity of someone’s opinion without providing examples of alternatives explanations or - god forbid - your own opinion, is just detractive from inclusivity and conversation in general (which is why the overwhelming majority of us are spending time and posting on here on this free message board).

In this situation, his claim is not fact but it’s certainly not too far off base of an opinion. It has been talked about much that the main factors for this kid “seem” to be NIL and his ability to start (probably at LT). Both those are not givens and up for negotiating annually. NIL, because if he performs then his value and leverage abilities rise every year. Position, because someone will always be trying to take his spot and comparing their own NIL cost vs reward analysis against his for the sake of roster management. And in todays age with the portal the way it is, and assuming players NIL deals are not so restrictive that they can’t negotiate or shop them, the chances of a player - who has set a precedent by portaling once already - being more like a Tyler baron then say a [insert name of 4 year starter] are higher in general and it’s not so ridiculous to make a claim that they will be an annual challenge to manage (as every player increasingly is for the mere fact that NIL exists).
There's a lot of bold statements in that post. Kudos.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
What an awesome pick up this is.

Y’all can make fun of the star gazers but we all know they matter. Not end all be all but they matter. This is like landing three five stars last cycle - two in the trenches and the other the most important position on the field.

Huge.
well crap, now ed ecko is pretending to be an insider. now im back to square one here.

😈🥸

Reactions: knoxvol52
It might just be "an agreement in principle". coaches worked out a deal to convince Heard to play at UT, the numbers and exact nature of the deal will be worked out before anything is signed.

and I very much doubt you were doing hand shake multi million dollar deals with people you didn't have an established working relationship with, probably with other current deals running with them. and I very much doubt that verbal agreement was all the paperwork done on the matter either.
You do realize that coaches cannot be involved in NIL deals that require someone to attend UT. NIL is third party people trying to help a young man maximize their earnings potential.

FSU just got popped for having one of their coaches directly involved in an NIL signing.

Clearly this isn't getting done on a holiday. And the next 3 days we have inclement weather, so obviously he can't commit then or get deals made.

2pm on Friday is what my sources are saying.

I do think he’s coming, but c’mon, this is getting silly. First there was the GIF that got everyone excited, then it was something about a death, then it was time zone issues, from there it was player representation, then it became he was shopping around his offer, and now it’s because it’s a holiday weekend. The excuse making is getting laughable.
You copy my post for a reason?

VN Store

Back