‘23 LSU transfer OT Zalance Heard (Tennessee)

Don't put your reputation on the line by accepting the drivel shared online. When you hear something from the player or UT you can go for it. The mental exercises for about the last 100 pages has been nothing but hearsay. It is one thing to question, another to take shots at a prospect, before or after he suits up that is not based on documented facts. They WILL exist in time.

I am getting more worried that he has negotiated a deferred announcement, but that while we are waiting he and his family are reading this thread. Might give me pause if an equivalent offer is out there with no attacks from their fanbase. Fool me once is in play, especially if they were advised to read the thread on Joe this season.

That’s just dumb and doesn’t happen

Don't put your reputation on the line by accepting the drivel shared online. When you hear something from the player or UT you can go for it. The mental exercises for about the last 100 pages has been nothing but hearsay. It is one thing to question, another to take shots at a prospect, before or after he suits up that is not based on documented facts. They WILL exist in time.

I am getting more worried that he has negotiated a deferred announcement, but that while we are waiting he and his family are reading this thread. Might give me pause if an equivalent offer is out there with no attacks from their fanbase. Fool me once is in play, especially if they were advised to read the thread on Joe this season.
do what?

Reactions: knoxvol52
I'm getting the point where I like Callahan more than AP. I used to like AP more because of his personality but lately he just seems to be moody. I'll take an even keeled Callahan all day

I think Callahan is a lot more tuned in than Price and Matt Ray seems like he is going to eventually replace Price over at Volquest.

It’s a week after your bowl game. The only other way they could enter now is if their coach was fired or moved elsewhere. So the only schools the portal is open to is Washington, Michigan, Alabama, and Arizona if I remember correctly
Exactly why I said not exactly to Bama and Michigan!

Reactions: Volfan1000
Last edited:
Short version, don’t perpetuate the negative vibes SOME have pushed by replying to them. Especially those throw out he is not acting in good faith with our staff/collective. Can’t look good to his support folks on a free board IF it is not true.

Count the negative posts in the 167 pages of this thread. Might fear the potential after getting off to this start with our FANS as represented by this most convenient window to our soul.

Short version, don’t perpetuate the negative vibes SOME have pushed by replying to them. Especially those throw out he is not acting in good faith with our staff/collective. Can’t look good to his support folks on a free board IF it is not true.

Count the negative posts in the 167 pages of this thread. Might fear the potential after getting off to this start with our FANS as represented by this most convenient window to our soul.

Doubling down on stupid I see lol it’s like having a pet unicorn. I know we all want to believe our thoughts and words are exceptionally profound but the reality is if every potential recruit was turned off by negative fan base opinions then they wouldn’t be able to commit to a single school.

Oh really? Then you should turn in Ohio State. They're advertising players they brought in on their 24/7 sports page.

According to this, the dead period was over the 12th.

Also we got our TE last week too 😏

Yeah, I'm by no means an expert on NCAA rules and regulations, but if I'm not mistaken, the only players required to abide by the dead period rules are those players that are required to sign a NLI (basically, high school players and JUCO's). Portal players don't have to sign anything, other than admission paperwork like any regular student would have to. They just agree to play for the school and show up to classes.

Reactions: VOLociraptorr

I take what a player says with a grain of salt and 2 fingers of bourbon. Some, not all, but many enjoy playing games on social media. "Commitment" means next to nothing these days. For a lot of recruits, it's a placeholder and nothing more. Someone will post it when/if the kid enrolls at UT. Til then, I'll enjoy the entertainment his thread provides.

Reactions: cherokeeeVOL
Some keyboards are indefensible.
A 50-year-old lawyer who had been practicing since he was 25 passed away and arrived at the Pearly Gates for judgment. The lawyer said to St. Peter, “There must be some mistake! I’m only 50 years old, that’s far too young to die.” St. Peter frowned and consulted his book. “That’s funny, when we add up your billing records, you should be at least 83 by now!”

At this point I am wondering if he is just trolling us. Bright side is he is out of time to transfer at the end of the week, so this won’t go on beyond this week.

From Jan 8th from AP.

Diego Pounds has signed his SEC papers which means he could in theory go to a non SEC school but he is locked in with the Rebels for this league.
Again, I believe only when a kid enrolls somewhere. Til then....

Doubling down on stupid I see lol it’s like having a pet unicorn. I know we all want to believe our thoughts and words are exceptionally profound but the reality is if every potential recruit was turned off by negative fan base opinions then they wouldn’t be able to commit to a single school.

There is ZERO value add to get a player to COME to UT to take shots at his character in a public forum.

There is assuredly SOME risk.

We are not talking about every potential recruit/portal guy, we are talking about a guy with a thread approaching War and Peace length. One that SEEMS to have a large NIL bidding war.

In a hard fact based discussion IF he were to not now come here….

We were informed we had reached an agreement in principle.

During a protracted period between that and any announcement by UT or the player elements of our fanbase took multiple negative shots at his motivation to do so. That included an apparent confirmed fact he tragically lost a HS teammate in a fire and speculatively did not want to celebrate a financial victory as a result of his on field performance while friends and family dealt with said tragedy.

He late in the process goes elsewhere.

Hopefully we close the deal, if not we get some facts such as if there was such an agreement reached and if so what changed. The group that has no problem assessing blame to others could well have some factual culpability.

VN Store

Back