‘23 LSU transfer OT Zalance Heard (Tennessee)

Doubling down on stupid I see lol it’s like having a pet unicorn. I know we all want to believe our thoughts and words are exceptionally profound but the reality is if every potential recruit was turned off by negative fan base opinions then they wouldn’t be able to commit to a single school.
Multiple players and recruits have stated publicly that their decisions were influenced by the social media of programs. I wouldn't imagine one or two negative posters would have a lot of influence. Volumes of negativism... do. They also influence media members who DO frequent various boards for material.

This isn't an issue of personal vanity on the part of those who want to keep a minimal level of respect and tone in the conversation. It could be a matter of ego to believe you can throw a (virtual) tantrum and run someone down while expecting them to just "understand".

Someone close to me right now is going through a divorce. His soon to be ex can't understand why she can't scream at him to avoid criticism then have him treat her like a princess.

I would guess that most of us either directly or indirectly react to emotion motivated negative people. Some confront. Most... avoid.

Criticizing this or any other kid while they're going through a process that we really have no direct knowledge about... is stupid and if done enough by enough people can have a negative effect.

There is ZERO value add to get a player to COME to UT to take shots at his character in a public forum.

There is assuredly SOME risk.

We are not talking about every potential recruit/portal guy, we are talking about a guy with a thread approaching War and Peace length. One that SEEMS to have a large NIL bidding war.

In a hard fact based discussion IF he were to not now come here….

We were informed we had reached an agreement in principle.

During a protracted period between that and any announcement by UT or the player elements of our fanbase took multiple negative shots at his motivation to do so. That included an apparent confirmed fact he tragically lost a HS teammate in a fire and speculatively did not want to celebrate a financial victory as a result of his on field performance while friends and family dealt with said tragedy.

He late in the process goes elsewhere.

Hopefully we close the deal, if not we get some facts such as if there was such an agreement reached and if so what changed. The group that has no problem assessing blame to others could well have some factual culpability.

The reason the thread is so long is 90% conversational and 10% about the recruit

There is ZERO value add to get a player to COME to UT to take shots at his character in a public forum.

There is assuredly SOME risk.

We are not talking about every potential recruit/portal guy, we are talking about a guy with a thread approaching War and Peace length. One that SEEMS to have a large NIL bidding war.

In a hard fact based discussion IF he were to not now come here….

We were informed we had reached an agreement in principle.

During a protracted period between that and any announcement by UT or the player elements of our fanbase took multiple negative shots at his motivation to do so. That included an apparent confirmed fact he tragically lost a HS teammate in a fire and speculatively did not want to celebrate a financial victory as a result of his on field performance while friends and family dealt with said tragedy.

He late in the process goes elsewhere.

Hopefully we close the deal, if not we get some facts such as if there was such an agreement reached and if so what changed. The group that has no problem assessing blame to others could well have some factual culpability.
Dude, you're still on this hill? When did I take shots at his character?

Either he's coming or he isnt. TN has to find an OT. If guy cant arrive at a decision, we have to move on. That's business.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
The reason the thread is so long is 90% conversational and 10% about the recruit
I thought we were shooting for 200 pages? Just trying to help.
A rabbi, a Hindu, and a lawyer are in a car that breaks down in the countryside one evening. They walk to a nearby farm and the farmer tells them it’s too late for a tow truck but he has only two extra beds and one of them will have to sleep in the barn. The Hindu says, “I’m humble, I’ll sleep in the barn.” But minutes later he returns and knocks on the door and says, “There is a cow in the barn. It’s against my beliefs to sleep in the same building as a cow.” So the rabbi says, “It’s okay, I’ll sleep in the barn.” But soon, he is back knocking on the door as well, saying, “There is a pig in the barn, and I cannot shelter in a building with a pig.” So the lawyer is forced to sleep in the barn. Shortly, there is another knock on the door and the farmer sighs and answers it. It’s the pig and the cow.

giphy.gif

Some day in the distant future, archaeologists focusing on social interactions will somehow dig up this thread and show it to the world as an example of typical communication in the early 21st century.

All those future people will then conclude that we were all psychopathic nuts, that there was no way such a strange people could have ever coalesced into any type of functioning civilization, and someone will theorize that perhaps an extinct higher civilization- or even aliens - must have been involved to help us produce all of our buildings, monuments, and technology.

(I may be riffing on the Gobli Teke/Graham Hancock discussion - can’t remember if it was in this thread. Apologies if not…)

Dude, you're still on this hill? When did I take shots at his character?

Either he's coming or he isnt. TN has to find an OT. If guy cant arrive at a decision, we have to move on. That's business.
I did not say YOU had done it. You simply defended an inherent right to do so. Those SAYING he has continued to try and increase his deal AFTER an agreement was reached and during this pause for example.

Guess I could calculate they took that position because they would or have done that in the past and not be challenged. Equally sleazy from my position, which is doing so is not like a player fumbling but doing so on purpose with the hope we don’t lose it.

Reactions: LoudOrange

VN Store

Back