‘23 LSU transfer OT Zalance Heard (Tennessee)

I'm going to disagree that an athlete making 7 figure deals with multiple states potentially claiming nexus over their income doesn't warrant a CPA. At the very least it would be preventative.

You also need to take into account the type of expenses that are actually deductible as an "athlete" or as the face of an NIL deal. Then there's, nondeductibility of illegal expenses, gift tax forms for family...
Fair points for the biggest guys if they can't handle individual state forms.

Gift estate forms don't warrant imo, but I'm probably coming from a privileged pov. I just hope they're using referenced folks and aren't being taken advantaged of.

I've seen way too many stories of athletes that didn't feel they were knowledgable enough to simply do their taxes...were then pushed into investing their money via these folks and ended up far worse off getting swindled...when all they needed were basic tax forms and some low-expense ratio funds. Not that some firms don't include value-add.

But the # of athletes that run into schemes is alarming. Sharks everywhere...risk vs reward 🤔

Like this blurb from on3 article today.

Intel: The top domino still on the board, LSU offensive lineman Zalance Heard had a quiet weekend. He was not on the road taking visits. The former top-25 prospect in the 2023 cycle is down to Oklahoma and Tennessee. Ole Miss was trying to get in the mix but has since backed off. The Sooners and Tennessee both give Heard the option to play in the SEC, but the Volunteers have the top-tier NIL program giving them the slight edge.

Intel: The top domino still on the board, LSU offensive lineman Zalance Heard had a quiet weekend. He was not on the road taking visits. The former top-25 prospect in the 2023 cycle is down to Oklahoma and Tennessee. Ole Miss was trying to get in the mix but has since backed off. The Sooners and Tennessee both give Heard the option to play in the SEC, but the Volunteers have the top-tier NIL program giving them the slight edge.
so.,,,;;;..,?!! wheyun???

And classes start today, Jan 16 at Oklahoma (and Texas A&M) ... yet there are no reports that he is in class at either place.
I don’t understand the transfer rules with these timelines. Does the fact that he did not commit to OU before classes start rule them out, or just meant he would have to wait until the next window or something?

I keep hearing it’s a benefit for us that we don’t start until the 22nd, but I’m not sure if this means schools that have already started are out of the race.

I talked to a friend of mine whose brother-in-law knows a guy from LSU whose next door neighbor's cousin said her boyfriend's Dad talked to a guy at Taco Bell and said Heard was announcing at 2:00pm.
Nothing like a Crunch Wrap Supreme NIL...

Reactions: Tman44

Fake news…I have been told by reputable sources here on VN that our NIL program sucks.

I don’t understand the transfer rules with these timelines. Does the fact that he did not commit to OU before classes start rule them out, or just meant he would have to wait until the next window or something?

I keep hearing it’s a benefit for us that we don’t start until the 22nd, but I’m not sure if this means schools that have already started are out of the race.
Each school has a drop add date and once you get past that date you can’t enroll and take part in football activities at that school that semester. Ours is Jan 26th.

Slight edge, everything I have read says 98.5 in favor of UT. SLIGHT EDGE? Where does that come from?

VN Store

Back