‘23 LSU transfer OT Zalance Heard (Tennessee)

Either way Pounds is not a bum. Very good player who I would take. Probably was either or for them. Doubt it was realistic for them to land both even if they wanted both.
Also have to take in account years guys have left to play and age…Gabriel has one year and is as good as he is going to be, Moore has more years to play and years to get better…therefor Moore is a better get. These one and done players are only good for title runs if everything else is in place. Outside of that there is basically no reason to bring one in, you can lose 3-4 games and get younger guys experience if that is all you are going to do anyway that season.

Also have to take in account years guys have left to play and age…Gabriel has one year and is as good as he is going to be, Moore has more years to play and years to get better…therefor Moore is a better get. These one and done players are only good for title runs if everything else is in place. Outside of that there is basically no reason to bring one in, you can lose 3-4 games and get younger guys experience if that is all you are going to do anyway that season.

So then you also have to take into account the Team's need. Oregon has the pieces in place for a title run and needs a ready to go QB so for THEM, Gabriel is a much better QB than Moore.

Reactions: Deebowbear
To be fair, on3 has Diego Pounds as the #13 overall player and #2 OT in the portal. They have Heard and #16 and #3 OT. Industry rankings. Think they have Pounds as the #1 OT with just their rankings.

Didn't that just change a few days ago, I thought they had Heard ahead and then I look and Pounds is rated ahead of him. Maybe I dreamed it?

So then you also have to take into account the Team's need. Oregon has the pieces in place for a title run and needs a ready to go QB so for THEM, Gabriel is a much better QB than Moore.
Possibly for Oregon as that is why they took him but not overall. Either way he is a downgrade from Nix and proved he couldn’t even win in the weak Big 12 and was spotted the Texas win. How do you think he is going to fair winning a Big Ten and National Title if he couldn’t even get Oklahoma into a Big 12 title game.

We are still in a waiting pattern and Heard has no timeline for an announcement. As of now, he has no other visits set up and nobody believes he will take one. OU has started shifting its sights on Alabama transfer Terence Ferguson and Ole Miss has Diego Pounds, who they sold on being the left tackle.

Obviously, John Campbell has been active on X today with his cryptic videos. It’s hard not to think those could be in reaction to the thought of playing right tackle. But it’s a 22 year old, so trying to read minds is really tough to do.

AP

VN Store

Back