Many of You All Are A National Embarassment

I'm 71, and have been following Tennessee sports since I was 12-13 years old. I want Tennessee to win even it's hop, scotch. At one time, I would get angry if Tennessee lost a game. Then, in my early 30's I realized there are way more important things to concern me than a sporting event. Don't get me wrong, I still watch and cringe at every bad play, but at the end of the day, it's just a sporting event and doesn't have any effect on what goes on in my life. A few hours of watching on Saturday for entertainment, then on with life. I may have to quit watching, my wife is one of those who doesn't know anything about football, but every time something bad happens, she is a professional critic. Yeah, I guess I would call her a negavol.

Reactions: calban and EZE
I love how some of our own fans think it’s just us that vent on message boards lol. Message boards are for discussion, good or bad. They are for the fans and by the fans.
I don’t think most of these posters on Twitter and message boards have time to watch the game. They have messages keyed up to get likes or say how horrible our Vols are. It is just weird.

Reactions: UneducatedGuess
It’s amazing to me how many people can’t control their emotions over a football game.

If you care enough, and are totally invested, you will lose control. Kinda like someone stealing your GF. I guess you'd be ok with that.

Last edited:
In defense of Vol fans that were pissed off with the offensive side of the ball for the vast majority of the game...........they had every right to be pissed off and should have been.

To the super fan that never complains and is happy whether Tennessee wins or loses any game and/or gets beat by 50 or loses by 50 and you still are just happy go lucky and super happy UT fan. That's great, I'm sure you are a wonderful joyous person to be around. But, when it comes to sports, that crap is just unrealistic and actually not being a true "sports fan" in general. The purpose of playing the game is to win the game, plain and simple. If you don't care about winning and losing, you are in a tiny small minority and I actually question you're real fandom.

Thank goodness the coach agrees more with the pissed off fan, than you, the super happy go lucky fan that is okay with losing.

It’s embarrassing when you realize you’re grown adults reacting this way. It’s like watching a toddler throw a tantrum.

You embarrass me as a fan with your overreacting.

Show some patience, self control, and loyalty. If you’ve been around the game of football very long then you’ll know there are ups and downs in the course of a game.

Show some maturity and send these threads as texts to a friend versus making our fanbase an absolute joke.

I’m not talking to the majority here, but I’m certainly talking to the screaming children on here.

Grow. Up.

Don't tell us what to do, just because you are wired different. Ridiculous.

So you watch the game without making any commentary, and speak to no one during or afterwards about the team's performance?

If so, then you're probably the odd man out here.
Not what I meant. A number of years ago I worked with a Georgia fan. One day he came into the office with a cast on his foot. The previous weekend Georgia lost big to Bama and he kicked his chair so hard he broke his foot. Talk about freaking out over something you can’t control…

Not what I meant. A number of years ago I worked with a Georgia fan. One day he came into the office with a cast on his foot. The previous weekend Georgia lost big to Bama. Talk about freaking out over something you can’t control…

Did someone from Volnation break their foot over the Florida game?

If not, then I don't think your experience with your Georgia fan coworker has much relevance.

Message boards by their very nature are for discussion, and you trying to tone police them is as out of your control as the game is for the fans.

Did someone from Volnation break their foot over the Florida game?

If not, then I don't think your experience with your Georgia fan coworker has much relevance.

Message boards by their very nature are for discussion, and you trying to tone police them is as out of your control as the game is for the fans.
Obviously we don’t know but based on some of the language posted anything is possible. People with anger issues act out in irrational ways.

Amazing is those who can’t control their emotions because of another fans opinion/investment/fandom.
Imagine if people like that have children how their children must act in society. Mom and Dad never got upset with me no matter what I did. They were just happy whether I was a good listener, kind to people, respectful, did well in school, never talked back, or was a horrible listener, mean to people, disrespectful, sucked at school, always talked back, etc.

Mom and Dad just let little Johnny do whatever the **** he wanted to do all the time and never tried to teach him and educate him on being the best little Johnny, little Johnny can be. I'd say that if super happy fan has children, their children probably really suck as humans and are selfish little brats. I bet 100 percent. Either that or super happy fan still lives in Mom's basement and is coddled like little Johnny.......

Reactions: BigOrangeGirl
The fans last night were disgusting. Booing your own team that much over anything that just doesn’t go right is ridiculous and kills the mentality

Not just a national embarrassment. Back in 2012 I took a Gator to the Tennessee Florida game and his 11 y year old daughter got called a "lot lizard, whore, gator slut..." and the list goes on. I know every fan base has their turds, but the fact that I was the only one to speak up and everyone around me thought it was funny put a bad taste in my mouth.

So yeah, some of us just really suck as people.

Not just a national embarrassment. Back in 2012 I took a Gator to the Tennessee Florida game and his 11 y year old daughter got called a "lot lizard, whore, gator slut..." and the list goes on. I know every fan base has their turds, but the fact that I was the only one to speak up and everyone around me thought it was funny put a bad taste in my mouth.

So yeah, some of us just really suck as people.
1728834792947.jpeg

VN Store

Back