Many of You All Are A National Embarassment

Years back I was listening to I think it was Garrison Keillor’s Prairie Home Companion. If you’re not familiar, he talks about central Minnesota and the Scandinavians and Germans who live there. He’s got this super droll, dry sense of humor and one of the shows he was talking about a supposed German word that translates loosely to “a feeling of being not quite as disappointed as one had hoped to be”. Like disappointment could be aspirational. Sometimes threads here make me think of that.

Reactions: Gandalf and McDad
I love how some of our own fans think it’s just us that vent on message boards lol. Message boards are for discussion, good or bad. They are for the fans and by the fans.
Message boards are a combination of Jerry Springer and a graphic novel...

It's best to be entertained by them and NOTHING else.

Not just a national embarrassment. Back in 2012 I took a Gator to the Tennessee Florida game and his 11 y year old daughter got called a "lot lizard, whore, gator slut..." and the list goes on. I know every fan base has their turds, but the fact that I was the only one to speak up and everyone around me thought it was funny put a bad taste in my mouth.

So yeah, some of us just really suck as people.
And the mustard bottle in your avatar represents a fan throwing a mustard bottle on the field because of a bad call.

You’ve never been to Gainesville in the 90’s I bet.

It’s embarrassing when you realize you’re grown adults reacting this way. It’s like watching a toddler throw a tantrum.

You embarrass me as a fan with your overreacting.

Show some patience, self control, and loyalty. If you’ve been around the game of football very long then you’ll know there are ups and downs in the course of a game.

Show some maturity and send these threads as texts to a friend versus making our fanbase an absolute joke.

I’m not talking to the majority here, but I’m certainly talking to the screaming children on here.

Grow. Up.

Amen! Fast food mentality… too many “Wany it their way” and now. No patience or understanding whatsoever!

Just who are you to tell another fan how they should act. As long as they’re not physically harming anyone they can do as they please

And there is a lot of talent on this team to be playing the way they are playing and now that they’re getting paid. People expect performance
I agree 💯.. If someone wants to show how stupid they are on a message board, I'm a firm believer in their 1st amendment right to do just that.

The added bonus being, I don't spend anytime figuring out who's who. They conveniently do it for me.... 😎👍

Reactions: VAVol85
They do this on every team. Bama boards were in full melt down yesterday. Georgia had their share yesterday too.

Fans post in the moment. I have no issues venting here.
Pretty much agree. Only time it bothers me is when people go over the top in criticizing the players or start commenting on a kids character. Those people go on my Ignore list.

The guy with the coaching dog was actually funny. If we could replace Heup’s salary with a box of doggy treats, Danny White should maybe look into it.

Reactions: vols 30
Yeah, that's right. My in crowd is never like that! Only the out crowd! Crazy things never happen to anyone because they don't happen to me in my cozy little suburban life.

Get bent, loser.
You need to craft a more believable lie next time.

No one is going to buy a story where you and an 11 year old girl's father stood around while a mob of UT fans verbally abused her, and the two of you did nothing but sadly lament that no strangers stood up to defend her.

And the mustard bottle in your avatar represents a fan throwing a mustard bottle on the field because of a bad call.

You’ve never been to Gainesville in the 90’s I bet.
Yeah I never went to Gainesville in the 90s. I was a poor kid then in East Tennessee. I didn't really start to get going to games until I finished my degree up and got a commission. Up until 2011 I was either a child in poverty or enlisted.

But I have heard horror stories of cups of piss being thrown in Gainesville. Some people just suck, and that includes our fan base.

Yeah I never went to Gainesville in the 90s. I was a poor kid then in East Tennessee. I didn't really start to get going to games until I finished my degree up and got a commission. Up until 2011 I was either a child in poverty or enlisted.

But I have heard horror stories of cups of piss being thrown in Gainesville. Some people just suck, and that includes our fan base.
Accurate, same 11 year kid from East TN would have smelled like urine.

It was incredibly frustrating to watch. It’s real easy to get caught up in the moment and vent on here. I don’t blame people for doing it because I understand. If you can’t deal with it just log off for the night. It will always happen

Reactions: Vol1976

It’s embarrassing when you realize you’re grown adults reacting this way. It’s like watching a toddler throw a tantrum.

Show some patience, self control, and loyalty. If you’ve been around the game of football very long then you’ll know there are ups and downs in the course of a game.

Show some maturity and send these threads as texts to a friend versus making our fanbase an absolute joke.

I’m not talking to the majority here, but I’m certainly talking to the screaming children on here.

Grow. Up.

Stalker alert

Reactions: BigOrangeGirl

Grow. Up.

Jesus? Is that you? Hey, I’d like to see you walk on water in modern times.

LOL. People aren’t perfect. I’m sure you have some traits that are undesirable to many.

So what. Some fans are far more passionate than others. Good lord. If that bothers you then learn who they are and ignore their comments but the holier than thou BS is just as annoying to some fans as the ones you’re pointing a finger at.

Reactions: Vol1976

Grow. Up.

Buyers remorse!

VN Store

Back