Marvel Cinematic Universe

Apparently a lot of people are disappointed because Deadpool and Wolverine has zero MCU implications. Like none whatsoever, just another standalone movie.

Apparently a lot of people are disappointed because Deadpool and Wolverine has zero MCU implications. Like none whatsoever, just another standalone movie.
Good! Not everything has to be connected.

But I’ve seen nothing but positive buzz this far.

Reactions: Jackcrevol

I saw it tonight. It was great. The best of the DP movies. If that's the last DP movie, it went out in style

I don't think anyone cared about MCU implications in the theater. They were too busy laughing 😃

I think there was a one off comic some years ago where Stark becomes Dr. Doom.

Not sure on the details of it.
It was actually the other way around. Post 2015 Secret Wars, Doom took on the Iron Man role in “Infamous Iron Man”.

I haven’t read it but it was pretty well received.

Saw D&W Friday, as entertainment it's great. As an MCU movie, it's fine. It was more a chance to pay homage to/make fun of the 20th Century Fox films and characters. The 4th wall breaking was great and a few jokes were really funny knowing the behind the scenes/real life drama.

I can see that but at the same time, I'm not sure a Deadpool movie is the type to push a storyline. It's kind of it's own thing. It's not like the previous DP movies pushed the old X-Men storyline. And this one was mostly a send off to the old Fox movies.

Saw D&W Friday, as entertainment it's great. As an MCU movie, it's fine. It was more a chance to pay homage to/make fun of the 20th Century Fox films and characters. The 4th wall breaking was great and a few jokes were really funny knowing the behind the scenes/real life drama.

The reactions I see the most are that it’s very fun but if you aren’t well attuned to all the MCU and Fox stuff (even projects that didn’t get made) the you won’t get the most out of it. It’s the Endgame of fan service.

The reactions I see the most are that it’s very fun but if you aren’t well attuned to all the MCU and Fox stuff (even projects that didn’t get made) the you won’t get the most out of it. It’s the Endgame of fan service.

There were about 2-3 times I laughed at 4th wall breaks and I'm pretty sure I was one of the only ones in the audience that got it.

The first was when Blade shows up and he's said to DP "I don't like you" and DP replies "You never did".

Second was when Elektra says Daredevil died and DP goes "Oh I'm so sorry" and she goes "Eh...it's ok".

Third was when Blade says there's only been 1 Blade and there will only ever be one Blade and DP looks at the camera.

VN Store

Back