Marvel Cinematic Universe

Apparently a lot of people are disappointed because Deadpool and Wolverine has zero MCU implications. Like none whatsoever, just another standalone movie.
I wouldn't call it disappointed, just felt a bit mislead. the trailer I saw made me think he was being used to work behind the scenes of the avengers to make sure things went well, or were cleaned up. Thought he would have been a good solution to kill off a lot of the bad guys who just disappear. but yeah it was a complete stand alone movie.

movie was very good. definitely better than the second deadpool, but not as good as the first. but I think some of that feeling is the nostalgia of Deadpool 1 being the first "anti-hero" R rated movie for Marvel. which was just a really nice change of pace.

deadpool wolverine stuck pretty good to their relationship, and the comedy worked better with the story line than in 2, imo.

no spoilers but I laughed my butt off at the first character they come across in the wasteland. I liked some of the references they made, and how they wrapped up some of those pieces.

Saw DP&W last night. I thought I had already had everything spoiled but there was a comic fan’s wet fever dream montage in the first act that had me rolling.

The comic accurate short Logan kicked it off but all the other comic versions were just awesome to see on screen, even briefly

It was fun. It’s the fan serviest movie ever made. Because of that you do have to be pretty well versed in all the Marvel movies and shows ever made and some of the rumors that never happened. Plot was good enough to drive the story and set up the cameos. Cassandra was creepy AF.

Even though I’ve never been a big fan of the character, I respect Ryan Reynolds for wearing the makeup or the mask for the vast majority of the movie. It’s something missing in a lot of superhero films.

Also glad Jackman wore the mask for a substantial amount of time once he pulled it on.

The CG definitely gets wonky at times.

Reactions: C/O
Saw DP&W last night. I thought I had already had everything spoiled but there was a comic fan’s wet fever dream montage in the first act that had me rolling.

The comic accurate short Logan kicked it off but all the other comic versions were just awesome to see on screen, even briefly

It was fun. It’s the fan serviest movie ever made. Because of that you do have to be pretty well versed in all the Marvel movies and shows ever made and some of the rumors that never happened. Plot was good enough to drive the story and set up the cameos. Cassandra was creepy AF.

Even though I’ve never been a big fan of the character, I respect Ryan Reynolds for wearing the makeup or the mask for the vast majority of the movie. It’s something missing in a lot of superhero films.

Also glad Jackman wore the mask for a substantial amount of time once he pulled it on.

The CG definitely gets wonky at times.
What if you’re more of a fan of the Marvel Comic Universe and don’t really care much for the MCU? Would it appeal to a comics first person?

What if you’re more of a fan of the Marvel Comic Universe and don’t really care much for the MCU? Would it appeal to a comics first person?

It has more nods to the comics than any X-Men film to date. Like, hit you over the head nods. But it’s mostly a farewell to the Fox Marvel movie era even beyond the X-Men.

I saw it tonight and can say it's easily the best of the three.

Spoiler-y question, sorta... do yall think this movie served as kind of the unofficial "killing off" of the multi-verse? I mean DP pretty much said what we've all been thinking and put it on blast in the final act.

Spoiler-y question, sorta... do yall think this movie served as kind of the unofficial "killing off" of the multi-verse? I mean DP pretty much said what we've all been thinking and put it on blast in the final act.
I've not seen it, but the Multiverse was specifically mentioned during the RDJ introduction as Doctor Doom during SDCC.

No because they have already confirmed FF is taking place in a futuristic 1960s of another universe.

Avengers Secret Wars will still be a culmination of the Multiverse Saga. They just switched up Kang with Doom. Which actually makes more sense because Doom was pivotal in both the 1985 and 2015 Secret Wars of the comics.

Deadpool vs Wolverine was a simple formula for success. Give the fans what they want.

I think it was a fun movie but it’s also guilty of a lot of the same sins most of Phase 4-5 have gotten.

I also wonder how well it holds up in 10-15 years when all the self referencing jokes aren’t as relevant.

Reactions: Volfan1000
DeadPool and Wolverine
9/10

It's a great Rated R, not PC-in-your-face very violent superhero bromance action movie that isn't a dime a dozen. Also, it is unique for an MCU movie to go outside their common PG-13 safe area box.

It isn't contrived drama that there is tension between Wolverine and Deadpool, and because of good writing, it's believable that the tension ends.
Deadpool and Wolverine are an entertaining unique Odd Couple.
I enjoyed that much like the mainstream continuity versions Deadpool and Wolverine are wearing masks with utter white eyes because superhero masks with visible eyes including for Batman for live-action movies are a dime a dozen.

It was satisfying to finally see Wolverine wear his classic yellow costume in a live-action movie.

Cassandra Nova is a terrifying antagonist who gets shown off for her impressive powers.

Anything that should be explained does get explained including why exactly Cassandra Nova wants to remain in the Void.

The Void is a memorable unique Dimension that gets explored.

Gambit is my favorite X-Men member, and I enjoyed that he was greatly done justice in this movie. This includes speaking with a smooth French cajun accent, wearing the same cool badass costume he wears in Mainstream Continuity, showing off his impressive abilities in action scenes, etc.
The cool badass costume including the thick metal boots is of excellent quality. He shows off his ability to use his retractable steel alloy staff including impaling a foe, also his throwing charged cards looked pretty and smooth because of impressive special effects for the visible pink kinetic energy. Gambit has impressive movement which is shown off in the action scenes.
Multiple scenes of him had me fist-pumping including when he threw a charged card to break a common drinking glass.
It's a stunning scene seeing Gambit use his amazing agility and dexterity.
Another stunning action scene is him stretching the Cards he charges with the pink kinetic energy with the cards appearing levitated before he throws the charged cards at foes. Also, the mental control over the energy charges that result in explosions, and the amazing sounds when he charges the cards, throws the cards, and the explosions.
I highly enjoyed when he used his steel alloy staff which he can charge with kinetic energy.
Gambit is badass and cool including his costume which is very flashy similar to the WWF wrestler Ultimate Warrior or Demon of the Rock and Roll Band Kiss, and action scenes of him using his abilities are pretty and impressive as the terrific Penguins player Mario Lemieux playing Hockey, or a Ferrari Enzo being driven including the amazing sound of revving, also the amazing sounds from the engine when it begins moving fast.
Even though Gambit wasn't the focus, he still got shown off which made me very happy.

The comedy is well done because of good timing, and good writing.
It's a movie that uses existing songs. It isn't an issue because the songs fit the scenes.

Deadpool breaking the 4th Wall as usual was entertaining. Also, I did enjoy that Deadpool found a way to fit in a line about the Los Angeles Rams since Wolverine's classic yellow costume has the same colors as that NFL team.
The movie also stood out with Nice Pool a unique DeadPool from a different universe that is very distinguishable.

Similar to Terminator 2, (1987) Robocop, and Blade this Rated R Super Hero Bromance Action movie shows off hardcore violence during the cool action scenes.

The movie succeeds in stating the huge high stakes for Deadpool's objective which has a ticking clock. Also because of good writing, it's not contrived or unbelievable why Deadpool finds a Wolverine that has no desire to work with Deadpool to achieve a very high bar objective.

Blade, X-23, Gambit, and Elektra didn't feel like fan service because they were shown off in action scenes. Also, they are occupying foes so that Deadpool and Wolverine have a realistic chance of achieving their very challenging task.

The movie shows very early with the first action scene that this will be an in-your-face hardcore Rated R violent action movie.

An amazing action spectacle scene is Wolverine and Deadpool fighting a brigade of Deadpools from different universes.

The thrilling climax is very high stakes with a visible ticking clock with the stated solution having a flaw that does get said. The movie gave enough information that I could understand why Deadpool and Wolverine both have understandable motivations to use the solution even after they heard the huge flaw.
A flaw that could keep the solution from being successful is visible.

It was memorable and entertaining with Deadpool seeing Wolverine while in different Universes. 1 of which I did recognize was the Age of Apocalypse Wolverine which like the comic book version has stunning Anime Style Hair and the same black and red costume style.

1 minor flaw is I wish that Nice Pool while breaking the 4th wall said The Proposal was finically successful at the box office while that can't be said about the awful quality Green Lantern movie.

The ending this movie has is earned.

Deadpool and Wolverine was very outside the box as a MCU movie since it wasn’t in the same PG-13 area.

It won’t be an issue if they make him a evil
malevolent antagonist similar to mainstream continuity version that wants to eradicate humans.

He was very campy and not intimidating in the second Avengers movie mostly because of terrible writing.

Gambit is my favorite X-Men member, and I enjoyed that he was greatly done justice in this movie. This includes speaking with a smooth French cajun accent, wearing the same cool badass costume he wears in Mainstream Continuity, showing off his impressive abilities in action scenes, etc.
said no one who has ever heard a french cajun accent. they literally made fun of it in the movie.

Marvel Studios has made terrible movies which includes Marvels that has multiple flaws that can’t be ignored despite having better special effects by a landslide than the awful Green Lantern movie, Iron Man 3 which is very stupid with a fake Mandarin as the twist along with other issues much like Spider Man 3, Thor Love and Thunder was very campy similar to Batman and Robin, etc.

That’s why the inane claim no 1 blinks when Marvel makes a bad quality movie is hugely wrong including because a high amount of people complained about the very stupid twist it’s a fake Mandarin not the real Mandarin in Iron Man 3 after marketing lead vast people to believe the Mandarin would be the main antagonist.

VN Store

Back