Megan Barry

There is some sort of power component at play here. Think how many male leaders have affairs with subordinates, they are usually goofballs or average at best. But there are women attracted to the power associated with the position.

You wouldn't hump Hillary would you?

Reactions: 1 person
she probably could have got by with the extra ot by using the 'woman' card saying she needed it more than her predecessors but I think she's going to be in trouble since she switched the approval of the ot from chief anderson to her staff. If her office approved the ot and his money came out of the police business unit, its a double whammy

she probably could have got by with the extra ot by using the 'woman' card saying she needed it more than her predecessors but I think she's going to be in trouble since she switched the approval of the ot from chief anderson to her staff. If her office approved the ot and his money came out of the police business unit, its a double whammy

I understand she isn't very popular among the councilmen. I know one that really despises her and my guess is her time is coming.

I understand she isn't very popular among the councilmen. I know one that really despises her and my guess is her time is coming.

sounds plausible but very strange. You'd think the democratic party would embrace and come to her defense since she's a woman, enacted same sex marriages, and just a flaming liberal. She pizzed someone off to have the affair leaked and this crucial time in her term

sounds plausible but very strange. You'd think the democratic party would embrace and come to her defense since she's a woman, enacted same sex marriages, and just a flaming liberal. She pizzed someone off to have the affair leaked and this crucial time in her term

I heard the spouses figured it out during conversations and that she was given the ultimatum..... you admit it or we'll have Phil Williams let the cat out of the bag

These had to be planned days in advance right? Can you have a Billboard(s) planned, designed and erected in less than 24 hours?

Did she pay to have these put up herself?

Why the ‘We love our mayor’ billboards suddenly disappeared from Nashville

Why the ‘We love our mayor’ billboards suddenly disappeared from Nashville

Billboards with the message, “We love our mayor,” made national headlines when they appeared off the interstate in Nashville one day after Mayor Megan Barry admitted to an affair with her former police bodyguard.

But the three digital signs, each on different stretches of Interstate 24 near downtown Nashville, quietly went away soon after popping up.

It turns out they were removed because the person who paid for the advertisements was unwilling to reveal his or her identity.

Carly Zipp, senior director of communications for the billboard company Outfront Media, said the signs were taken down on the evening of Feb. 2 because they lacked "proper attribution" — a requirement of its political ads.

Tennessee law requires that political advertising provide adequate notice of the identity of persons who paid for and, where required, who authorized the communication.

One of the signs was near the Interstate 24/40 split, another was close to the Fessler Lane exit on Interstate 24, and a third was north of downtown close to the Spring Street exit.

Zipp said the agency that facilitated the billboard purchase was San Francisco-based SF Media Communications Inc. But she said the media company did not disclose their client.

Zipp did not comment when asked how Outfront Media became aware of the problem or why the billboard was allowed to go up in the first place.

SF Media Consultants has a history working in the music industry, one of Nashville's staple brands. According to its website, the firm has done advertising for Big Machine Records, Capitol Records, EMI, and Universal Music Group as well as big-name artists such as Taylor Swift, Garth Brooks, Lady Antebellum and Florida Georgia Line.

Lauren Anderson, senior vice president for SF Media Consultants, did not return a message seeking comment.

Sean Braisted, a spokesman for the mayor, said the mayor’s office is unaware of who paid for the billboards. He said Barry's campaign committee, Friends for Megan Barry, was not behind it.

Likewise, Bonnie Dow, treasurer of Women for Tennessee's Future, a political action committee that has supported Barry, said the PAC did not pay for the billboards.

Reach Joey Garrison at 615-259-8236, jgarrison@tennessean.com and on Twitter @joeygarrison.

Reactions: 4 people
I have never looked at Berry's physique or found her overly attractive but I want to see the pics now. This is all getting very scandalous. I have a feeling she has two watermelons under that pants suit.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back