Megan Barry

That's not necessarily a bad thing. He is abrasive and like you said far wacko left he just might poison the well. Plus that massive transportation boondoggle of Barry's should be dead.
Even though I'm conservative, I've backed the rail project. That being and as you said, its not a bad thing at this point and I agree this might just kill the idea. She staying in office tainted the vote. Let it die, regroup, rethink and bring it up again with a new administration.

Social media will be full of "well, bye" gifs and "bye, felica" memes in a matter of minutes

Reactions: 1 person
Even though I'm conservative, I've backed the rail project. That being and as you said, its not a bad thing at this point and I agree this might just kill the idea. She staying in office tainted the vote. Let it die, regroup, rethink and bring it up again with a new administration.

Social media will be full of "well, bye" gifs and "bye, felica" memes in a matter of minutes

I'm not opposed to light rail but her plan would have been a disaster.

I'm not opposed to light rail but her plan would have been a disaster.

IMO, its not as comprehensive as I'd prefer but its a start. You got to start somewhere. Its expensive but will only get more expensive as time goes so starting today at least starts with today's pricing. My beef was funding. Yes, the citizens of Davidson Co will have to share the brunt and they're trying to elevate some of the burden with hotel and rental car taxes but they didnt address why and who is causing the vast majority of the issues. The backups on the interstates are I-40e to Wilson Co, I-24e to Rutherford Co, I-65n to Sumner Co, and I-65s to Williamson Co. Its not Davidson Co residents causing the problem....its the out of county residents. Make them pay for it. If you work a job in Davidson Co and your address says anything other than Davidson Co, levy a tax on their wages.
Rant over.

IMO, its not as comprehensive as I'd prefer but its a start. You got to start somewhere. Its expensive but will only get more expensive as time goes so starting today at least starts with today's pricing. My beef was funding. Yes, the citizens of Davidson Co will have to share the brunt and they're trying to elevate some of the burden with hotel and rental car taxes but they didnt address why and who is causing the vast majority of the issues. The backups on the interstates are I-40e to Wilson Co, I-24e to Rutherford Co, I-65n to Sumner Co, and I-65s to Williamson Co. Its not Davidson Co residents causing the problem....its the out of county residents. Make them pay for it. If you work a job in Davidson Co and your address says anything other than Davidson Co, levy a tax on their wages.
Rant over.

Not a terrible idea.

Nashville mayor resigns after pleading guilty to felony theft
CNN-44 minutes ago
TBI investigators say they looked at Forrest's phone and his emails after Barry admitted publicly to the affair. Two of his emails each contained one photo that showed a partially nude or fully naked woman, court documents say. The documents do not say the woman is the mayor. "The allegations of photos ...

Nashville mayor resigns after affair, pleads guilty to theft
Times Colonist-35 minutes ago

Mayor Megan Barry thanks Nashville as she resigns from office
Highly Cited-WKRN.com-34 minutes ago

Barry pleaded guilty earlier Tuesday morning to felony theft of property over $10,000, according to court documents obtained by CNN. Barry agreed to reimburse the city of Nashville $11,000 and serve three years of probation.

In January, Barry admitted to having an affair with the head of her security detail, Sgt. Rob Forrest, in 2016 and apologized. It's unclear whether Tuesday's guilty plea is related to the affair, and a message left with the Nashville district attorney's office was not immediately returned.

According to The Tennessean, the two were often partaking in domestic and international travel for work, which led Forrest to rack up $33,000 in expenses and $50,000 plus in overtime in 2017 on top of his $84,500 salary. Nine of the trips were only attended by Barry and Forrest.

S083111540.jpg

Nashville Mayor Megan Barry announced her resignation at a news conference Tuesday morning after she admitted to felo...

Posted: Mar. 6, 2018 11:55 AM

Updated: Mar. 6, 2018 12:07 PM

Nashville Mayor Megan Barry announced her resignation at a news conference Tuesday morning after she admitted to felony theft.

"My time today as your mayor concludes," Barry, a Democrat, told reporters, thanking the support staff she's worked with during her tenure.

"I sincerely hope and believe that my own actions will not tarnish or otherwise detract from all of the great work they do," she continued.

Nashville mayor resigns after pleading guilty to felony theft

Once again proving if you think you're cut out to be a leader, you're most likely a narcissist and slightly sociopathic. Because not only have you rationalized your graft, you're convinced you are so much smarter than everyone else you won't be caught.

VN Store

Back