Migration Nightmares Hitting Europe

Way to impose your own values on others and then when they don't give two ****s about your value-system you then make the argument that they must not care for themselves.

This is called 'Cultural Imperialism' and is almost always linked to bigotry. Maybe you're an exception...

Why should it benefit this country? And, further, what the **** does that even mean? The only time "benefits the nation/country" ever has a clear meaning is in fascist states: Germany, Italy, Japan. That is, the state very clearly and articulately requires that its subjects sacrifice their own individual drives and wills in order to carry out their state-imposed duties.

Do you know what the official role of the US Government is, as per its declaration to the world that it is now an independent state? Protect the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness for...wait for it...all men.

That is, the explicit function of the US Government, as declared in the DoI, is to protect the rights of all men (now, of course, we understand that Jefferson really only meant white males).

Further, what is good for something is usually that which helps the something fulfill its function. Thus, what is 'good for America' would be, quite literally, the protection of the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for all men.

That being the case, ease and efficiency of process actually plays a vital role.

In case you've never read the Founding document of the country you so desperately want to benefit, here it is:

http://www.constitution.org/us_doi.pdf

Enjoy!

Why should it benefit this country? That says alot.

But you keep living in that mad world, killer.

Hmm, sending two kids to college in the 60s sounds pretty ****ing well-to-do for the 60s.

Also, parents growing up with nothing does not entail that you were not spoiled.

Fun game!

You should move away and live in third world squalor since you seem to be so fond of it.....

Reactions: 3 people
Being privy to things that one neither needs nor merits to the detriment of the recipient.

I guess we could debate on whether or not you would have been a better person had your parents not sent you to college and provided you with yet more airs of privilege.
I don't think that we would have a very robust economy if we just satisfied our needs and not our wants. Is an education really necessary, or just food, water, and shelter?

My proposal is to document them for taxation and they can go through a fairly long probationary period before they can collect benefits and or apply for citizenship.

How about this scenario, amnesty for the ones here but no Welfare benefits or voting privileges for twenty years.

Reactions: 1 person
You should move away and live in third world squalor since you seem to be so fond of it.....

I think about it everyday. The only thing that keeps me in the US is my family. And, yes, I do feel like I'm doing something wrong by not leaving. For that, I'm guilty.

How about this scenario, amnesty for the ones here but no Welfare benefits or voting privileges for twenty years.

Amnesty is a tricky word. I don't like giving law breakers preference over people following the system.

Open borders up, while documenting/screening entrants.
Protect border
Forgive resident illegals if they voluntarily document themselves. Permanent record will show they did originally come illegally.
Probationary period more like 10 years (tho that's pretty arbitrary)

Good job killer. Just following orders.

I wasn't just following orders. At the time, I was deeply committed to the cause. Things changed for me one day, a week later I filed my paperwork for separation, and was moved out of operations.

So, swing and a miss.

Reactions: 1 person
Amnesty is a tricky word. I don't like giving law breakers preference over people following the system.

Open borders up, while documenting/screening entrants.
Protect border
Forgive resident illegals if they voluntarily document themselves. Permanent record will show they did originally come illegally.
Probationary period more like 10 years (tho that's pretty arbitrary)
What about 20 years for the vote?

Reactions: 2 people
My proposal is to document them for taxation and they can go through a fairly long probationary period before they can collect benefits and or apply for citizenship.

What are the terms for probation? What is the penalty for violation? Fairly long?

I wasn't just following orders. At the time, I was deeply committed to the cause. Things changed for me one day, a week later I filed my paperwork for separation, and was moved out of operations.

So, swing and a miss.

What changed/happened? Where do you want to live?

VN Store

Back