Milton shines against a high school team (Vandy)....can't compete with the better teams in the SEC. Why?

I agree with laying off the dude on senior day. He played a good game today. I'm happy for him. He's been a good teammate. He has his deficiencies, but just wait, he's gonna get a shot in the NFL. Someone will give him a shot. Too much size and arm talent. Probably in free agency. Someone will think they can "fix him". I'll also say this, I can vividly remember every season since like 1984, and I can't remember a season with more dropped passes. Worth noting. With that said, Nico looks like the real deal. Future is bright fellas. GO VOLS!!!

I agree with laying off the dude on senior day. He played a good game today. I'm happy for him. He's been a good teammate. He has his deficiencies, but just wait, he's gonna get a shot in the NFL. Someone will give him a shot. Too much size and arm talent. Probably in free agency. Someone will think they can "fix him". I'll also say this, I can vividly remember every season since like 1984, and I can't remember a season with more dropped passes. Worth noting. With that said, Nico looks like the real deal. Future is bright fellas. GO VOLS!!!
Not to mention there were many pundits who said without Joe’s leadership we did not win 11 games last season. While he wasn’t an all-American he wasn‘t near as bad as some on VN made him out to be.

I swear some of you need to be gifted with a team that loses EVERY game in a season. Unfortunately, you "supposedly" support the same team I do, so I don't want that to happen. But I swear that is what some of you deserve.

Well, they were gifted 8 losing seasons out of the last 16. I think they are just hopeless.

Reactions: mercuryvol
I played at the high school level wasn big enough to go farther... unlike yourself, I guess. But I was willing to die every snap. Doubt you have any conviction
Punk
Believe me, Al Bundy. You weren’t as good as you think you were. Guessing it wasn’t you not being big enough, but prob cause you had a third of the talent or mental capacity as our current starting QB you’re *****ing on. Congrats for dying for your high school team though. Keep reliving those good ole days, I’m sure it’s all you have.

Last edited:
Believe me, Al Bundy. You weren’t as good as you think you were. Guessing it wasn’t you not being good enough, but prob cause you had a third of the talent or mental capacity as our current starting QB you’re *****ing on. Congrats for dying for your high school team though. Keep reliving those good ole days, I’m sure it’s all you have.
Thank you!! This is the post I wanted to type but I really didn‘t want to just slam the guy.

I'm 1 out of a million... so this is not new to Vols fans and a lot of our feelings so here I go and I will try to keep it short... 100% Heupel supporter. Great coach and if you don't see it, then you might be new to college football. He did the impossible in my opinion and made us respectable when everyone was jumping off the ship right before he got here. Milton has disappointed. He's got the physical tools. But he is not that quick/juke skills, not strong enough to break many tackles regardless of size, below average in what matters as a QB... football IQ, accuracy, clutch DNA, leadership, the it factor, throwing on the run, playing to win vs stats. I forgot other weaknesses yes. He won vs Clemson and Texas A&M and those wins were not our favorite or best... no need to explain. I'm glad he's gone after this season but understand why Heupel tried two seasons ago to start him and then this year BUT no coach is perfect and as good as Heupel is in my opinion, it takes guts to say they don't want to take a chance on Milton and his potential. We got in a trap and Nico wasn't ready anyways. He's too skinny and inexperienced to go out there and win us a natty. It was Joe's year all along as he waited his turn and got his chance. All of us wanted him back. We as fans wish it was at least a little better as in beat crappy Florida and beat someone else Mizz, Bama and Georgia for the cherry on top or gravy to the season. We got a forgettable season is what we got. Too many blow outs and offense was not close to our lowest expectations. I get Heupel and his decision in the end to roll with Joe but got lucky he was forced to use Hooker and his non decision got him paid and bought him time here at UT. Now he can't afford to play below average SEC qbs for two years in a row again. If he sucks it's on Heupel to do something about it early now. Fyi, I've been happy about the programs direction and happy with our defense and special teams winning us games this year. I think we can put it all together with time and full support. Our fan base is our #1 strength and that never needs to end. We've come a long way already and this was not going to be our year. Depth is coming though! Go Big Orange!

Reactions: tennesseecoyote
Be glad when the man crush between Heup and Milton is over and Milton is out of eligibility. That ia the only way bobby hill won't play Milton's sorry ass. He limits our offense cause nobody trusts him to :
Read a defense
Make a tough throw
Look off a safety
Audible
Etc.
Lol you must live a sorry life

Guy is slamming a guy that gave his all for the vols so didn’t feel bad jumping in.

This is why I am disappointed with our fellow fans. Despite everything, I don’t think anyone can legitimately question whether Joe Milton “gave his all for Tennessee” every day he was in the program. By all accounts, he is a great teammate and leader. And you saw both on display when he congratulated Moore for getting to play. But, more importantly, you saw Nico follow Joe’s lead and do the same. That is the type of thing that will help the program moving forward.

Plus, the Legions of the Miserable are acting like 8-4 is 4-8. It’s not!

Believe me, Al Bundy. You weren’t as good as you think you were. Guessing it wasn’t you not being big enough, but prob cause you had a third of the talent or mental capacity as our current starting QB you’re *****ing on. Congrats for dying for your high school team though. Keep reliving those good ole days, I’m sure it’s all you have.
Wow, alittle over the top? let me guess, you blew a horn in high school.

Reactions: GordonC

VN Store

Back