Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet

It probably would. Most airport radar's only have a range of 60 miles. If it flew over the island with its transponder off they would still have a target.

The air traffic in and out of Malaysia is minimal. I bet either the tower was shut down or the controllers were asleep.

They do have a modern automation system so there is a GOOD chance there is a recording of the plane flying across the radar scope.

This is why it is curious we haven't heard from the Indonesians. Once the plane crossed the Straights of Malacca, it would then cross over Sumatra and the Indonesians should have seen it. After it got about 50+ miles off the coast of Indonesia, then it would hit a dead area without any coverage.

This is why it is curious we haven't heard from the Indonesians. Once the plane crossed the Straights of Malacca, it would then cross over Sumatra and the Indonesians should have seen it. After it got about 50+ miles off the coast of Indonesia, then it would hit a dead area without any coverage.

Yep. The only way it would have coverage in excess of 50 off the coast is if they had some long range radar or an early warning radar system. I think the closest is one in Australia but its range wasn't enough to reach where that plane supposedly went.

Current GPS tracking in the US pings ground stations to develop its position (for aircraft)..they need to make it ping the satellites as well especially for ocean coverage.

And we shouldn't assume that these countries behave anywhere remotely close as we do in regards to keeping an eye on the airspace. I bet the towers were unmanned and any ground radar stations they may or may not have.

This thread slowly starts to die immediately after Malaysia calls it a crash?!

This thread was dead about 500 posts back. Just the conspiracy theories that have kept it alive.

I don't think the truth will come out even if the FDR and wreckage is found. Oh, I'm pretty certain someone knows a whole lot more than they are letting on, but I'd be willing to bet we won't know for a long time.

Reactions: 1 person
They appear to be giving up the search. No news to discuss.

I heard the search has been postponed for a couple of days due to the weather is getting really bad out at sea. There's a storm out at sea that's nasty w/waves pretty high & w/wind gusts at a high rate too.

I heard the search has been postponed for a couple of days due to the weather is getting really bad out at sea. There's a storm out at sea that's nasty w/waves pretty high & w/wind gusts at a high rate too.

Which certainly won't help keeping any wreckage in close proximity to each other or a crash site.

This thread was dead about 500 posts back. Just the conspiracy theories that have kept it alive.

I don't think the truth will come out even if the FDR and wreckage is found. Oh, I'm pretty certain someone knows a whole lot more than they are letting on, but I'd be willing to bet we won't know for a long time.

This has been the going rumor for several days now and I'm starting to believe it. Would the US and China send assets down to the south Indian ocean just on small amounts of info or do they know a lot more than we have been told? I wonder how much info Boeing has had from all this that they've only shared with the government.

Which certainly won't help keeping any wreckage in close proximity to each other or a crash site.

Convenient for Malaysia right?

We probably won't hear something until a satellite detects a "hot" plane flying towards the US or Israel though.

This thread slowly starts to die immediately after Malaysia calls it a crash?!

I was right all along. (Ok, there were a few details that may end up being slightly off, but I've said all along it was at the bottom of the ocean.) What more is there to say?:)

Bjmz0AHIUAA_UC6.jpg

I'd like to read the back story on why it took so long for the engine-to-satellite transmissions to come out.

I get that it may take a while to sort out unidentified planes on a radar--that they might not have immediately known that the blip on the radar was #MH370.

But what about the engine pings? I assume they have some kind of recognizable signature so the satellite can identify which plane is which. Why would it take any longer than a day for the operates of that system to recognize that the plane flew for hours longer than was being acknowledged in the investigation?

Yet they continued to search the South China Sea for days when the plane data suggested it made no sense to look there.

Rolls has a monitoring system. Malaysian airlines did not subscribe to it. Rolls probably had to get the installation records from the airlines. Then they had to go get the sat data on the engines. This data was out within a couple of days if I remember correctly.

Yep. The only way it would have coverage in excess of 50 off the coast is if they had some long range radar or an early warning radar system. I think the closest is one in Australia but its range wasn't enough to reach where that plane supposedly went.

Current GPS tracking in the US pings ground stations to develop its position (for aircraft)..they need to make it ping the satellites as well especially for ocean coverage.

And we shouldn't assume that these countries behave anywhere remotely close as we do in regards to keeping an eye on the airspace. I bet the towers were unmanned and any ground radar stations they may or may not have.

Court's response to lawsuit if this was US..$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Malaysian court's response to a lawsuit.....:the_finger:

Where's the debris?

The pilot took a wrong turn, ran out of gas, landed safely on the surface with no debris and the plane sank. Unfortunately to cut costs and weight, Malaysian airlines didn't have rafts or life jackets on board so everyone got et by sharks. Jeez 69, aren't you keeping up???

The pilot took a wrong turn, ran out of gas, landed safely on the surface with no debris and the plane sank. Unfortunately to cut costs and weight, Malaysian airlines didn't have rafts or life jackets on board so everyone got et by sharks. Jeez 69, aren't you keeping up???
I stand informed, thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1
"A claim for the lost aircraft itself is already in motion. Insurer Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty said last week that it and other firms "have made initial payments" of an unspecified amount as part of "our contractual obligations where an aircraft is reported as missing." Meinhardt said that policy is upward of $100 million and is typically paid directly to the airline or funneled into an escrow account."

This has been the going rumor for several days now and I'm starting to believe it. Would the US and China send assets down to the south Indian ocean just on small amounts of info or do they know a lot more than we have been told? I wonder how much info Boeing has had from all this that they've only shared with the government.

Well, if you recall about five or six days in the USS Kidd broke off from the rest of the search and headed out into the Indian Ocean. Never said exactly where, but I think back then someone knew more than they were telling.

I was right all along. (Ok, there were a few details that may end up being slightly off, but I've said all along it was at the bottom of the ocean.) What more is there to say?:)

With 2/3rds of the planet being covered by water, you had pretty good odds. :)

VN Store

Back