Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet

I think the Malaysian's are just stringing the families along at this point. It is likely no wreckage will ever be found. I read the underwater rover can only search 8 square miles a day. Searching the ocean at that rate would take thousands of years. And nothing of size on an airplane is really designed to float very long.

I think the Malaysian's are just stringing the families along at this point. It is likely no wreckage will ever be found. I read the underwater rover can only search 8 square miles a day. Searching the ocean at that rate would take thousands of years. And nothing of size on an airplane is really designed to float very long.

They aren't stringing them along at this point. Right before the 10am press conference, they texted the news to the families.

They aren't stringing them along at this point. Right before the 10am press conference, they texted the news to the families.

I read they were ready to fly the families to Australia as soon as the wreckage is found. They keep making it sound like they will find the wreckage any day.

I read they were ready to fly the families to Australia as soon as the wreckage is found. They keep making it sound like they will find the wreckage any day.

I read the same thing. Not sure if they are so much as stringing the families along, or simply maintaining the level of incompetence they've shown throughout the ordeal. The texting of the update is a case in point. Sure the families asked for text updates, but they should have skipped the text on the last announcement and made sure they got it face to face.

Plus, what can the families do from Perth? Even if they find the wreckage it will likely be a 4-5 hour flight from Australia with nowhere to land.

I can see telling the families that if they want to go to Perth they can, and to see for themselves whatever is able to be found.

They are jumping the gun quite a bit, I'd agree, if they end up fishing out just a bunch of random crap off passing barges. But if they find things from the plane I think offering the families a chance to be as near that as is practicable makes sense.

(Again, in before Fox has some retired pea-brained general hypothesizing that AQ took pieces of another 777 and dumped them in the Indian Ocean 4 hours off Australia to keep it a secret that the REAL plane is safe and sound in Khabul)

Reactions: 4 people
They're claiming it crashed in the Indian ocean without any physical evidence.

One thing I've learned from this is NEVER travel to or from Malaysia on a plane

Claiming pilot suicide just doesn't make sense. He could have crashed that plane just as easily in the south china sea and certainly done it a lot quicker than continuing to fly another 7 hours.

Also I think pilots committing suicide with ANY passengers on the plane should be formally charged with murder, even after death.

They're claiming it crashed in the Indian ocean without any physical evidence.

One thing I've learned from this is NEVER travel to or from Malaysia on a plane

Claiming pilot suicide just doesn't make sense. He could have crashed that plane just as easily in the south china sea and certainly done it a lot quicker than continuing to fly another 7 hours.

Also I think pilots committing suicide with ANY passengers on the plane should be formally charged with murder, even after death.

So, if/when they find the body of the pilot, you want them to kill him again?

btw, how else would you get to Malaysia if you needed to go there? You could take a ferry or cross the border from Singapore, or perhaps a train from Thailand or Indonesia, but I would say several thousand people have flow in or out of Malaysia in the past 2 weeks. Only 1 plane is missing, so the odds are still in your favor.

I said early last week and say again, its a Payne Stewart scenario.

Yep. We'll have a hard time figuring out exactly what happened that caused them to turn off the transponders etc, and then caused the sudden turn. But something catastrophic happened that incapacitated everyone suddenly. After that it was only a matter of time before it ran out of fuel or airspace.

I said early last week and say again, its a Payne Stewart scenario.

And again, answer the questions of why the ACARS was turned off before the last radio call and why the diversion from the flight path?

If there was a sudden decompression that killed everyone instantly, the plane would have continued on the last course heading towards Beijing.

Reactions: 2 people
Let's see, most of the information pointed towards terrorism or as a minimum a lone wolf action. The communications and ACARS being shut down and the radical change in direction? And why wouldn't they mention the names of the pilots? Why wouldn't they lean towards the possibility of that?

It's not like Fox was bringing up the black hole theories. Your seething hatred of them shines yet again...

I worry about people who DONT have a seething hatred for the most racist and ignorant news network.

Maybe they didn't want their body found. It's considered a sin to comment suicide for Muslims. Many people just want to disappear.

There isn't anyone with credibility considering this as a possibility. So many safety systems and their backups would of all had to fail to be the case.

I get that, but the fact is we have no clue what happened at all. Maybe there was an attempted hijacking and the ACARs etc were turned off as part of that, but before the crew discovered it. The crew fought back but were unable to transmit the duress codes. During the fight they took the plane to 45k, thus knocking out the hijackers and then inadvertently knocking themselves out. The plane then got on the last programmed heading and flew on, with everyone on board dead.

Fact is no one of any credibility is saying anything other than the plane flew for up to 7 hours in an unexpected direction and is now most likely on the bottom of the Indian Ocean. Anything else is mere speculation.

So, if/when they find the body of the pilot, you want them to kill him again?

You might seriously consider rethinking this response to my comments.

Maybe they didn't want their body found. It's considered a sin to comment suicide for Muslims. Many people just want to disappear.

Well disappear on your own time and don't take other people with you.

Reactions: 1 person
That actually seems like the most plausible theory I've seen. If true, it is smart of the Malaysian government (altho underhanded) to cover it up.

But again the point that is missing is the fact that radio chatter would probably have been overheard by someone else. I mean, there is a possibility it was overlooked or hasn't been analyzed yet, but with the hard search that's been going on, I wouldn't imagine that someone hasn't looked into it.

And if so, there would be others complicit in this, which lumps it right back in the "scientific wild ass guess and conspiracy theory" file. But something like that makes a lot more sense than piggybacking another airliner and landing in Pakistan.

OK, tech gurus: what is the "new" satellite data that Inmarsat used to establish the plane's supposed last location? And why did it take two weeks to figure this out?

According to the science guy at NPR, they did a type of Doppler effect analysis.

VN Store

Back