Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet

Nah, Coug. I jest. Thanks for posting.

But if you've followed CNN's headlines over the last month+, it might put my sentiment in better context.

Let's put it this way...CNN is to the missing airliner what Nancy Grace is to an unsolved crime.

I won't completely argue this but CNN sure does it better and with a lot less shrilly, annoying voice.

*CNN BREAKING NEWS*
Ocean Shield hears what sounds like tapping sounds from what could be the plane on the bottom of the ocean. Experts suspect a lone survivor trapped in a large air bubble near the galley eating peanuts, Biscoff cookies, and drinking Dasani for a month.

Reactions: 1 person
I have some questions maybe someone would be willing to entertain.

If the plane did in fact fly that path up and around Indonesia do you think it's possible they did this to keep anyone from trying to use a cell phone?

Why has no one discussed the possibility that this plane might have actually been trying to fly to Australia? Perhaps for defection reasons?

If the plane did in fact fly that path up and around Indonesia do you think it's possible they did this to keep anyone from trying to use a cell phone?

Why has no one discussed the possibility that this plane might have actually been trying to fly to Australia? Perhaps for defection reasons?

I think the air phones are controlled through the cabin. Not sure about that though.

The Australia thing did cross my mind a couple of times. But the pilot was extremely experienced and I don't think he would make such a major mistake in navigation by flying out in the middle of the ocean.

Last edited:
I think the cell phones are controlled through the cabin. Not sure about that though.

The Australia thing did cross my mind a couple of times. But the pilot was extremely experienced and I don't think he would make such a major mistake in navigation by flying out in the middle of the ocean.

Definitely not or I would never have been able to sneak in text messages and phone calls when I have on flights. :)

So if it was suicide or something of the like why not fly right into the absolute middle of the Indian Ocean and not so relatively close to the coast of Australia?

Definitely not or I would never have been able to sneak in text messages and phone calls when I have on flights. :)

So if it was suicide or something of the like why not fly right into the absolute middle of the Indian Ocean and not so relatively close to the coast of Australia?

Yeah, I edited it to the air phones. Not sure if cell phones would work at the altitude it was traveling.

But either way, would the passengers be aware of what was going on? Except for that little GPS screen, do you know exactly where you are at any given point in time? And remember, it was dark when they took off, so trying to get your bearings would be almost impossible. And when the sun came up, they would have probably been well out over the Indian Ocean.

Other than the Iranians with the stolen passports who had already defected, who else would be defecting?

Yeah, I edited it to the air phones. Not sure if cell phones would work at the altitude it was traveling.

But either way, would the passengers be aware of what was going on? Except for that little GPS screen, do you know exactly where you are at any given point in time? And remember, it was dark when they took off, so trying to get your bearings would be almost impossible. And when the sun came up, they would have probably been well out over the Indian Ocean.

They don't...let alone over an ocean.

Why would they defect? Peking duck, sweet and sour chicken, orange chicken, the Great Wall, Yao Ming and of course the beautiful beaches of southern China. Should I go on?

I just got hit with a wall of sarcasm. :)
Freedom. You can get all that food in Australia and there are far more beaches. Plus, lets be clear the women are far hotter.

I just got hit with a wall of sarcasm. :)
Freedom. You can get all that food in Australia and there are far more beaches. Plus, lets be clear the women are far hotter.

That accent does me in. The chick doesn't even have to be good looking. Then I talk to them and realize they are just like American women but with a sexier accent. Pass.

That accent does me in. The chick doesn't even have to be good looking. Then I talk to them and realize they are just like American women but with a sexier accent. Pass.

Lol

Elyse-Taylor21.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
CNN: Black Boxes may be dead. Last ping was 5 days ago.

Is this still breaking news over at CNN.com?

CNN: Avenger of the Apparent

Soon their television programming will consist of hours of footage flying over the sea working to spot debris.

Is this still breaking news over at CNN.com?

CNN: Avenger of the Apparent

Soon their television programming will consist of hours of footage flying over the sea working to spot debris.

Nah.. This one was "Developing News"
Guess they needed a change. ..lol

Robin Meade on HLN just said that they will be going "underwater" now to continue the search efforts. There will be an unmanned submarine with high tech equipment to search for some kind of clues. Just out of pure speculation here but I guess they could get James Cameron & his crew or someone like that to go down & take a look around but I'm sure that would cost them millions.

Last edited:
...and they still talk about the Zimmerman-Martin trial.

I will now reenact a scene from a Classic Disney movie.

Rafiki- * swings stick at Simbas head and hits him directly on the top

Simba- "Ouch!?!? What did you do that for?"

Rafiki- " It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"

Simba- " Yea but it still hurts"

Rafiki- " Oh the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or...... You can learn from it"

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back