Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet

I will now reenact a scene from a Classic Disney movie.

Rafiki- * swings stick at Simbas head and hits him directly on the top

Simba- "Ouch!?!? What did you do that for?"

Rafiki- " It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"

Simba- " Yea but it still hurts"

Rafiki- " Oh the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or...... You can learn from it"

:salute: Clever shiit right there....but it seems we learn nothing from our past mistakes.

Robin Meade on HLN just said that they will be going "underwater" now to continue the search efforts. There will be an unmanned submarine with high tech equipment to search for some kind of clues. Just out of pure speculation here but I guess they could get James Cameron & his crew or someone like that to go down & take a look around but I'm sure that would cost them millions.

Travelling in the 17,000sqmi box at 5mph, we should have an answer by, what, noon this time next year?

This needs explaining:

Residents on a remote island in Maldives claim they saw a ‘low-flying jumbo jet’ matching the description of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane in the hours after it disappeared.

Several residents of Kuda Huvadhoo, in Dhaalu Atoll, said they saw a white aircraft with red stripes flying so low over the island the plane’s doors were clearly visible.

Islanders claim they were disturbed by an incredibly loud noise at about 6.15am local time on March 8 and saw a plane travelling from north to south-east, towards Addu – the southern tip of Maldives, it is reported.

..and Diego Garcia is south of these islands.

Last edited:
This needs explaining:

Residents on a remote island in Maldives claim they saw a ‘low-flying jumbo jet’ matching the description of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane in the hours after it disappeared.

Several residents of Kuda Huvadhoo, in Dhaalu Atoll, said they saw a white aircraft with red stripes flying so low over the island the plane’s doors were clearly visible.

Islanders claim they were disturbed by an incredibly loud noise at about 6.15am local time on March 8 and saw a plane travelling from north to south-east, towards Addu – the southern tip of Maldives, it is reported.

..and Diego Garcia is south of these islands.

Can't be true, that would mean it didn't go to Pakistan.

maldives_diegogarcia_indian_ocean_map.png

It's parked by the ruins of bin Laden's compound. Being retrofitted with a payload bay to carry 20 nuclear bombs.

The real question is what happens when, after searching for a few more weeks, they don't find the plane simply because it is in the middle of the most remote place on earth (i.e. the bottom of the Indian Ocean)? What then?

CNN's ratings go back to the bottom too.

I fully expect CNN to flip their current format. They'll start doing the news on the big picture part of the screen and along the bottom there will be a ticker of a constant stream experts explaining why they still haven't found the plane. "Day 5371, NTSB expert says 'Flight 370 may have drifted under Antarctica.'"

Reactions: 1 person
A U.S. official with firsthand knowledge of the investigation told CNN's Pamela Brown on Monday that a cell phone tower in Penang, Malaysia -- about 250 miles from where the flight disappeared -- detected the co-pilot's phone searching for service around the time the plane vanished.

The revelation follows reporting over the weekend in a Malaysian newspaper that co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid had tried to make a telephone call while the plane was in flight.

Bluefin AUV was only able to get 6 hours of 3D mapping as opposed to it's projected 16 hours.

CNN BREAKING NEWS: Bluefin AUV has found nothing so far.

No joke. Don Lemon just came on at the top of the hour to report that.

What makes the 40+ day old plane disappearance more important news than the even bigger tragedy of the sunken ferry earlier this week?

Only CNN knows.

VN Store

Back