'24 MO DL Williams Nwaneri (Mizzou commit)

How we feeling about this one boys. I went back a few pages and all you guys keep doin is talking about is what a trash can mizzou is. This has been known for many years. Is this guy going to Mizzou or somethin?

Drinkwitz is lowkey genius tho, he was able to get that law drafted and signed to get instate players paid sooner. Gotta respect him for that, playing chess not checkers type of deal. I would love it if we did that in Tennessee, I’ll bet if all of the D1 coaches in Tennessee went to the state legislature to campaign for a bill like this they would sign it

Reactions: Ratvol
How we feeling about this one boys. I went back a few pages and all you guys keep doin is talking about is what a trash can mizzou is. This has been known for many years. Is this guy going to Mizzou or somethin?

Yes he’s been Fong bombed to Mizzou

Yes he’s been Fong bombed to Mizzou
LOL. Ooooook. I guess all those D-Lineman Mizzou's defensive line coach has put in the NFL over the past 3 years while getting dragged by every half decent team in the SEC must have been appealing. What ever, NEXT.

Drinkwitz is lowkey genius tho, he was able to get that law drafted and signed to get instate players paid sooner. Gotta respect him for that, playing chess not checkers type of deal. I would love it if we did that in Tennessee, I’ll bet if all of the D1 coaches in Tennessee went to the state legislature to campaign for a bill like this they would sign it

Yeah, he’s coached his team to the bottom barrel of the SEC.

Pure genius.

LOL. Ooooook. I guess all those D-Lineman Mizzou's defensive line coach has put in the NFL over the past 3 years while getting dragged by every half decent team in the SEC must have been appealing. What ever, NEXT.

Still, Mizzou will get a guy or 2 every year by paying above and beyond the market rate. Especially in-state.

Reactions: volinokc
Mizzou is on the rise? They haven't won more than 6 games in a season since 2018, and that year they went 8-5. You have to go back 10 years to even find a good season. I wouldn't call that "on the rise" lol
He means their money is on the rise. Coaching is still mediocre

If this sticks, this is the best alternative outcome for us. A slightly above average Missouri is better than a top notch Oklahoma or Georgia.
Plus, the comedy gold on local radio if he doesn’t commit to OU will be great. I stocked up on popcorn in preparation.

If this sticks, this is the best alternative outcome for us. A slightly above average Missouri is better than a top notch Oklahoma or Georgia.
Plus, the comedy gold on local radio if he doesn’t commit to OU will be great. I stocked up on popcorn in preparation.
Missouri is in a really bad position in the SEC, moving forward. They will outkick their coverage in NiL, and go from nearly Vandy, to below Vandy.

Imagine being asked to donate to Misery. 'Mr Millionaire would you rather make a charitable donation to a school that hasnt made a single upgrade since 1970's, and paid $6 million to Dorkwitz?' 'Orrr anything else?'

wonder how his pediatrician brother feels about this.....

And they can only get paid if they sign with an in State school. Basically Missouri
IMG_2364.jpeg

Found a streaming link for Nwaneri's announcement live today at 3:00 pm central. The 5-star Lees Summit North (Missouri) DE will choose between Missouri, OU, Georgia, Tennessee and Oregon. Many think it's down to Mizzou and OU but, hey, it could happen!

Reactions: karmazone
Missouri must be offering a deal that is significantly higher than any of his other competitors because I can’t imagine going to play at Missouri for 3-4 years as the #1 player in the country when just about any program out there is going to throw you a bag.
Maybe they’re telling him to commit and sign financial aid, take the money and then if he signs elsewhere then the NIL deal there can pay off whatever he would owe, interest free. Mizzou then gets to extend his recruitment where they would have otherwise been out. It would be a tempting offer.

Maybe they’re telling him to commit and sign financial aid, take the money and then if he signs elsewhere then the NIL deal there can pay off whatever he would owe, interest free. Mizzou then gets to extend his recruitment where they would have otherwise been out. It would be a tempting offer.
I think he probably stays a year at Missouri. He will get on the field earlier there and have the ability to get even more money in the portal in the future. Strictly a business decision and that’s fine. If the kid doesn’t care about winning do we want him anyways?

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
And they can only get paid if they sign with an in State school. Basically Missouri
View attachment 569742

My guess is that won't pass constitutional muster. Either a person has the right to profit off NIL or they don't. It cannot be made conditional upon their signing with MO. That is the same as banning certain types of commerce with other states and that is a big no-no.

VN Store

Back