'24 MO DL Williams Nwaneri (Mizzou commit)

So some correct me if I’m wrong. You can’t sign until December 20, 2023. So he can’t get money at Missouri until then. If you are an early enrollee and start school in January 2024 you could get paid then at any school. Not a big difference.

No apparently in state recruits can sign a financial aid agreement with the school on Sept. 1 and start getting paid NIL monies. The language in the NIL contract can tie NIL to the school per state law which is basically pay-to-play. Not sure how it will fly but I guess we shall see.

With that said, nothing is stopping the recruit from signing with another school. I would assume they would forfeit all future payments and would have to repay any money they already received if they sign with another school.

Ultimately, it's a 4 month headstart for NIL if a kid is an early enrollee.

No apparently in state recruits can sign a financial aid agreement with the school on Sept. 1 and start getting paid NIL monies. The language in the NIL contract can tie NIL to the school per state law which is basically pay-to-play. Not sure how it will fly but I guess we shall see.

With that said, nothing is stopping the recruit from signing with another school. I would assume they would forfeit all future payments and would have to repay any money they already received if they sign with another school.

Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: hooter vol
It’s probably less about the law and more about Mizzou “overpaying” one recruit to make it look like they aren’t just an average program with a coach who maybe has 2 years left there. If he were a QB I would understand more of that approach but one defensive player won’t save the HC job.

Missouri State High School Activities Association did not allow high school student-athletes to engage in NIL activities without losing eligibility before, now it allows NIL. This is the major change for the Missouri S-A. But no law can prevent a S-A from sign with ANY collective they want. Kid signs an NIL Management agreement in HS that carries over into his college career. The transition ain't that hard.

You don't have to a degree in law to understand that any law limits the time S-A that they can't earn under NIL unless they sign with an instate school is clearly unconstitutional. When this section is challenged and it will be challenged, it will be simply overturned.

Last edited:
My take not that it matters. It’s hard for families that may not have much to turn down big money. It’s hard for me to criticize them for it. However, I think you will see a trend of elite players looking for further development rather than the quick payday in the future. Throwing excessive money at players is a bad business model and not sustainable both fiscally and within the locker room.

It’s probably less about the law and more about Mizzou “overpaying” one recruit to make it look like they aren’t just an average program with a coach who maybe has 2 years left there. If he were a QB I would understand more of that approach but one defensive player won’t save the HC job.

Agreed. He not signing with Mizzou so he can get paid now, he will sign with them bc they significantly paid more.

iu

So some correct me if I’m wrong. You can’t sign until December 20, 2023. So he can’t get money at Missouri until then. If you are an early enrollee and start school in January 2024 you could get paid then at any school. Not a big difference.

I agree. But some kids don’t enroll early and play spring sports like baseball

Rely on being a statistical outlier? Yeah that will work 😂😂😂😂😂

9 seasons since inception of playoff.

5x a champ has had top 1-2 classes every year (Bama x3, UGA x2).

4x a champ has not had top 1-2 classes every year (OSU, Clemson x2, LSU). Although OSU did have one top 2 class and a couple other really good classes leading up to their title.

Not much of an outlier.

Last edited:
I wonder what happens when a player signs an NIL contract like this before suffering a career ending injury. Hopefully, these recruits are able to cash in regardless

VN Store

Back