'24 MO DL Williams Nwaneri (Mizzou commit)

He's going to take the quick cash at Mizzou. Be interesting to see if he ends up signing there.
I bet he plays a year before hitting the portal. But more entertaining if he leaves before camp his first year. Most entertaining if he leaves to come here.

at some point you have to open up the checkbook for one of these 5* DL’s
Blow the bulk of your budget on one 5* and surround him with a bunch of low ranked guys like Missouri is trying to do, or spread those $$$ out for several 4* guys? Tell me which roster is better. Missouri is hoping the publicity of landing a 5* will attract more top players, but they won't have enough money to pay anyone else to ignore the bad product they're selling.

Missouri must be offering a deal that is significantly higher than any of his other competitors because I can’t imagine going to play at Missouri for 3-4 years as the #1 player in the country when just about any program out there is going to throw you a bag.
Committing to Missouri means he can start collecting money immediately. New state law. That's the advantage they have here. Every other school would have to wait, but in-state schools can start paying immediately.

Seems like it would be a violation of NCAA rules as it ties money and school together, but until an outside collective challenges said law, it is what it is.

He's going to take the quick cash at Mizzou. Be interesting to see if he ends up signing there.
Thought I read in here that they could make the NIL money contingent on him signing with Mizz? Or maybe just signing the financial papers?

Committing to Missouri means he can start collecting money immediately. New state law. That's the advantage they have here. Every other school would have to wait, but in-state schools can start paying immediately.

Seems like it would be a violation of NCAA rules as it ties money and school together, but until an outside collective challenges said law, it is what it is.
Can’t understand how it’s not against the rules. Guess maybe the NCAA will try to get everyone to support a more detailed rule. Then wait for a lawsuit. In the meantime Missouri will be buying all the in state players they can afford.

I think Mizzou is trying to bait other teams into supporting regulation, but I view the latter as simply the re-imposition of the "special"-teams-cheat-with-impunity ancien regime. I need regulation fans to identify an entity that can be trusted to enforce rules equitably. I don't think there is one. Or that one is possible.

Thought I read in here that they could make the NIL money contingent on him signing with Mizz? Or maybe just signing the financial papers?
From what was stated, it's only contingent on them committing to an in-state school. No idea what happens if they commit, collect money, then sign elsewhere. If that scenario were to happen, that could challenge the Constitutionality of that law as well. It'll be interesting to watch.

Ultimately, it seems like a ploy by the state to strong arm homegrown talent into staying home.

From what was stated, it's only contingent on them committing to an in-state school. No idea what happens if they commit, collect money, then sign elsewhere. If that scenario were to happen, that could challenge the Constitutionality of that law as well. It'll be interesting to watch.

Ultimately, it seems like a ploy by the state to strong arm homegrown talent into staying home.
It 100% is

VN Store

Back