Monday Regional Finals discussion thread

There's been a ton of crazy tag plays at second base this weekend on steals.
Never seen a runner rightly get tagged out (after review) on foot in a head first slide

Reactions: StarRaider
I actually told someone yesterday that if we hosted I was gonna buy 3 buses and put them along the fence in RF and put platforms on the top and sell SRO for $100 a square. I could put them there on Wednesday and they would be reserved for the Weekend. Cook inside like the one at Clemson.
I would be able to come to the Friday game.

Reactions: knoxvol52
There's been a ton of crazy tag plays at second base this weekend on steals.
Never seen a runner rightly get tagged out (after review) on foot in a head first slide
that play last night where (I think Penn) threw out two 'roided up bird brain runners at home plate on an infield grounder was pretty cool.

I actually told someone yesterday that if we hosted I was gonna buy 3 buses and put them along the fence in RF and put platforms on the top and sell SRO for $100 a square. I could put them there on Wednesday and they would be reserved for the Weekend. Cook inside like the one at Clemson.

Spoken like a true businessman.

Your rite I can't see Arkansas beating TCU twice or Oregon State beating LSU twice either today. Pulling for Indiana to beat Kentucky and Stanford and A&M are a toss up. Hate to say it Pennsylvania chance was last night think they have run out of pitching

Reactions: VolPack22
Kyle Petterson mentioned that Scott Berry was retiring in last night's game. He seemed to think that if it comes down to Southern Miss. vs. Tennessee hosting, he wouldn't be surprised that Southern Miss. would get it because Berry is retiring.

The other announcer started asking if the committee disclosed the method behind their decision. Pettersen interrupted him before he could finish his question and said "no". He said you can finish your question, but the answer is no.
Who is on the committee that decides?
If they are from rival schools, I would think that would obviously be held against us.

If I did the math correctly there have been 23 seasons since they started doing the national seeds. #1 has made it to Omaha 14 times and none since 2018. Miami is the only #1 to win the CWS (1999, first year of national seeds).

Reactions: knoxvol52
Your rite I can't see Arkansas beating TCU twice or Oregon State beating LSU twice either today. Pulling for Indiana to beat Kentucky and Stanford and A&M are a toss up. Hate to say it Pennsylvania chance was last night think they have run out of pitching

With LSU's pitching depth- I could easily see Oregon State taking 2 games and not a single LSU fan would be surprised. Don't want LSU to lose as I don't think Kentucky deserves to host super region.

The shift toasts TTU as they "forgot" to cover third.

VERY heads up baserunnin

South Carolina just needs to start packing their bags now.
This Florida game is over
0-6 bottom 5th
HRs flying out of Con Dron Ballpark

Reactions: WillisWG
Who is on the committee that decides?
If they are from rival schools, I would think that would obviously be held against us.
They didn't discuss the who. KP seemed a little dejected about how it is determined (just my read). I think his thought is it is political. The Vols are the villains of baseball, until someone replaces us.

The is no comparison when it comes to accommodations.
The last time I was in Hattiesburg ( many years ago ), all they
had was a Motel 6 and a Hardee’s.
Problem is that they gave UK a host when they knew teams would be housed in a dorm. Don't think the NCAA gives a squirt about amenities for the fans.

VN Store

Back