Monday Regional Finals discussion thread

With LSU's pitching depth- I could easily see Oregon State taking 2 games and not a single LSU fan would be surprised. Don't want LSU to lose as I don't think Kentucky deserves to host super region.
But, if LSU goes to the CWS we would have to play them first, which means Skenes. No thanks on that.

Wow. USM ace Tanner Hall is being started again today after starting on Friday. That’s incredibly bold from a health perspective.

Maybe trying to get 2-3 innings, still a risky move with a potential game later this week. If we play these guys, they are throwing #35 first IMO, the big lefty that threw last night mid-game. Penn couldn’t touch him, especially left hand hitters

Maybe trying to get 2-3 innings, still a risky move with a potential game later this week. If we play these guys, they are throwing #35 first IMO, the big lefty that threw last night mid-game. Penn couldn’t touch him, especially left hand hitters

Agreed. We’ll see Storm on Friday night I bet. We’ll continue to see a healthy dose of lefty’s the rest of June. We hit Charlotte well, but I don’t think their LHP was as talented as the arms we see in the SEC, Grice, or Storm from USM.

Reactions: VolPack22
Who is on the committee that decides?
If they are from rival schools, I would think that would obviously be held against us.

2022-23 Committee Members.
Jay Artigues, Southeastern Louisiana University
Mike Buddie, U.S. Military Academy
Sherard Clinkscales, Indiana State University
John Cohen (chair), Auburn University
Mark Harlan, University of Utah
Kirby Hocutt, Texas Tech University
Matt Hogue, Coastal Carolina University
William (Bill) McGillis, University of San Diego
Nathan (Nate) Pine, U.S. Air Force Academy
Scott Wetherbee, Eastern Michigan University

Reactions: ALStateLineVol
Agreed. We’ll see Storm on Friday night I bet. We’ll continue to see a healthy dose of lefty’s the rest of June. We hit Charlotte well, but I don’t think their LHP was as talented as the arms we see in the SEC, Grice, or Storm from USM.
We are starting to hit lefties a little better. Still our Achilles heel, and a concern.

I see Southern Miss anounced that Tanner Hall is starting this afternoon.
He started Friday as well and through 123 pitches in 9 innings on Friday.
Likely healthier to start with a slow warm up rather than come in as a reliever that we are used to seeing.
But if Penn can find a way to get some early hits and runs in that 1st and 2nd inning, I'm guess USM will "committee" for the rest of the game.
Can't see him throwing more than 30 pitches. Let's hope that is just 1 inning.

Oregon State needs to stand at the plate.
I don't think this guy can throw three strikes to any batter.

We are starting to hit lefties a little better. Still our Achilles heel, and a concern.

Early on, we CRUSHED lefties better than righties. Especially Blake whose average against LHP was better than RHP after about a third of the season.

If the NCAA grants USM the super (assuming they beat Penn) because of a retiring coach and the possibility that Tennessee fans might hurt the ump’s feelings, we have reached a new level of stupid.

I fully expect that to happen.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
In order, the closest hotels to the Hattiesburg sweatbox

Best Western
La Quinta
Hotel Indigo
Courtyard by Marriot
Towne Place Suites by Marriot
avid Hotel
Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn
Super I
MAgnolia Inn
Doubletree by Hilton
Home2Suites
Days Inn
Fairfield Inn
Microtel
Westerin Motorel;
La Quinta

Ya'll had me thinking it was a third world country or Detroit or something.

490 miles from LNS
7'13" drive

1.8 miles from Waffle House
1.5 miles from Dairy Queen

USM has YouTube video of the stadium

Kind of Vandy like with the metal constrution and chairbacks.

I'm guessing SRO is in the picnic area down toward RF line. there are some table seats over the lf wall I think

In order, the closest hotels to the Hattiesburg sweatbox

Best Western
La Quinta
Hotel Indigo
Courtyard by Marriot
Towne Place Suites by Marriot
avid Hotel
Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn
Super I
MAgnolia Inn
Doubletree by Hilton
Home2Suites
Days Inn
Fairfield Inn
Microtel
Westerin Motorel;
La Quinta

Ya'll had me thinking it was a third world country or Detroit or something.

490 miles from LNS
7'13" drive

1.8 miles from Waffle House
1.5 miles from Dairy Queen
Did you remember to factor in, "It's Mississippi." Mississippi is so bad that Elvis moved to Memphis. You know how bad a place must be for someone to think Memphis is a better choice?

USM has YouTube video of the stadium

Kind of Vandy like with the metal constrution and chairbacks.

I'm guessing SRO is in the picnic area down toward RF line. there are some table seats over the lf wall I think

Based on highlights from last year, I think they sell a lot of tickets in the outfield (tables or grass?). Their attendance is listed at 4300, but their record is listed at 6346.

VN Store

Back