More Climate BS...

Eva Vlaardingerbroek
@EvaVlaar
·
1h
🚨The UK just announced it wants to force farmers to feed their cows red seaweed based ‘methane blockers’ to stop them from farting and burping.

Guess who invested $12m into a company that produces red seaweed methane blockers 2 months ago?

Bill Gates.

Are you waking up yet?

FtCQwPBaUAE_Ilc

Bill Gates is backing a startup that’s making cow diets more environmentally friendly

"Rumin8 identifies naturally occurring compounds with anti-methanogenic properties and reproduces them in a highly efficient, low-cost, scalable, and high-quality process to feed to livestock to reduce their emissions. More specifically, the dietary supplement it synthetically replicates is from an active ingredient found in red seaweed called bromoform."

Why is this any different than when Orangeburst has to take his Beano tablet before his wife lets him into bed?

You guys are getting so upset over something that doesn't affect you one bit. Why the hell do you care what England does with its cattle? We don't import their milk (really high fat content, but delicious).

Why is this any different than when Orangeburst has to take his Beano tablet before his wife lets him into bed?

You guys are getting so upset over something that doesn't affect you one bit. Why the hell do you care what England does with its cattle? We don't import their milk (really high fat content, but delicious).
Because our nutcases here tend to look for any dumbass idea they can import and force on us.

Do you raise cattle?
To answer your question, no I do not. Grew up raising them. We had a relatively small herd of about 400 beef cattle. We were not cowboys, our neighbors were. I never pretended to be a cowboy, but had a quarter horse and helped them when they were working their herds. I could ride. We used a corral and chute to work ours pretty much.

What does that have to do with feeding English cattle seaweed?

To answer your question, no I do not. Grew up raising them. We had a relatively small herd of about 400 beef cattle. We were not cowboys, our neighbors were. I never pretended to be a cowboy, but had a quarter horse and helped them when they were working their herds. I could ride. We used a corral and chute to work ours pretty much.

What does that have to do with feeding English cattle seaweed?
You said this was forced on you yet it actually didn't affect you in any way.

There's way more damaging stuff pumped into beef than some seaweed anyways.

Here's what I know, all, and I mean all, of my clients and friends who own Florida real estate, especially on the Gulf, are selling out. It's not just property on the coast. Hearing stories from them about high tide flooding that has not been seen in modern history.

These are very wealthy people, business men and women who are stone cold about money. One client sold a long term property on Key West. When I asked him about rumored sea level rise when he bought it 20 years ago, he said he didn't believe that would be a factor. Now he says he was wrong, he just didn't understand how a numbers of changes then strengthen other changes. He swears Key West will be half under water in 20 years.

He now talks about warmer water expanding, warm air holding more moisture and making storms stronger with more rainfall, and storm erosion allowing even more intrusion.

If you really want to show us it's false, go buy some gulf property. Try Pensacola. It has on of the highest rates of sea level rise in the gulf.

You answered my question in the first sentence. This will not be forced on you despite your claims
I'll stand by the statement I made. But if you can find in that statement that I'm going to be forced to feed seaweed to my herd of non-existent cattle, please let me know the exact character position of that statement, because if I did, I was lying. I have no cattle. Do not want to raise live cattle (exception for highland cattle, think they're cool). The only good cow is a dead cow on my grill.

Here's what I know, all, and I mean all, of my clients and friends who own Florida real estate, especially on the Gulf, are selling out. It's not just property on the coast. Hearing stories from them about high tide flooding that has not been seen in modern history.

These are very wealthy people, business men and women who are stone cold about money. One client sold a long term property on Key West. When I asked him about rumored sea level rise when he bought it 20 years ago, he said he didn't believe that would be a factor. Now he says he was wrong, he just didn't understand how a numbers of changes then strengthen other changes. He swears Key West will be half under water in 20 years.

He now talks about warmer water expanding, warm air holding more moisture and making storms stronger with more rainfall, and storm erosion allowing even more intrusion.

If you really want to show us it's false, go buy some gulf property. Try Pensacola. It has on of the highest rates of sea level rise in the gulf.
If you were referring to me, please clarify what you think I believe to be false.

Don't be silly. I take Gas-X

I own property on the gulf.

Do you eat cows? If you do it affects you either through cost or what's in the meat.
Less of an impact than what is currently pumped into them. I rarely eat those kind of cows,pigs, chickens anyways

Less of an impact than what is currently pumped into them. I rarely eat those kind of cows,pigs, chickens anyways
Assuming you are against antibiotics/etc usage in livestock, the economic impact can be quite substantial and, in turn, how that impact affects society as a whole may be even more significant.

Reactions: hog88

You think they will switch to the "seaweed" diet and not include the additives or the ear implants? Come on.

I'm sure WBO knows some wackos but over the past 3 years property has been selling like hotcakes down there and it has nothing to do with climate change.
I know. Know a number of people who have purchased property on the Gulf.

Have no argument that sea level isn’t changing. Anyone remember the Bering Land Bridge or whatever the Black Sea was called before it was flooded? Just don’t believe the proper approach is to wreck society over it.

I know. Know a number of people who have purchased property on the Gulf.

Have no argument that sea level isn’t changing. Anyone remember the Bering Land Bridge or whatever the Black Sea was before it was flooded? Just don’t believe the proper approach is the wreck society over it.

Absolutely agree. I firmly believe that the climate is changing just as it has numerous times throughout the millennia and humans have little impact on that. Hell, if you really look at it we're still coming out of the last major ice age.

The global warming/climate change focus of study should be on how do we live and strive with a changing climate, not how do we slow or stop it.

Absolutely agree. I firmly believe that the climate is changing just as it has numerous times throughout the millennia and humans have little impact on that. Hell, if you really look at it we're still coming out of the last major ice age.

The global warming/climate change focus of study should be on how do we live and strive with a changing climate, not how do we slow or stop it.
Absolutely.

VN Store

Back