More Climate BS...

To put the degree of stupid on this into perspective according to the world CO2 emissions list I just pulled up Ireland accounts for .10% (note the decimal) of the total. So ignoring all vehicles/industry/etc how much does anybody actually think taking the Irish cows out is going to dent global warming?

Reactions: AM64
No idea is too outlandish for these idiots and those that support such. Just cringeworthy.

Reactions: AM64
To put the degree of stupid on this into perspective according to the world CO2 emissions list I just pulled up Ireland accounts for .10% (note the decimal) of the total. So ignoring all vehicles/industry/etc how much does anybody actually think taking the Irish cows out is going to dent global warming?
A wee bit?

I’ve seen it all now.

Everest has been racking up kills for decades. Over 300 - more than any other mountain.

This year it’s due to climate change….

Climate change to blame for up to 17 deaths on Mount Everest, experts say

Let me ask. ME never gets above freezing so how can this be true? Water vapor at less than n 14.7 psia? AP @ 26K' is 5.5 psi so melting point should be higher than 0C.

Researchers found that the highest glacier on the mountain, the South Col Glacier, has lost more than 54 meters (177 feet) of thickness in the past 25 years. A team of 10 scientists visited the glacier and installed two weather monitoring stations — the world’s highest — and extracted samples from a 10-meter-long (33-foot) ice core. The glacier, which sits around 7,900 meters (26,000 feet) above sea level, was found to be thinning 80 times faster than it first took the ice to form on the surface, according to research published in 2022.

Mount Everest was first scaled 70 years ago. Climbers celebrate the milestone as climate change concerns grow

The coldest temperature on the Everest summit is -41°C (-42°F) recorded in December 2004 AD. Similarly, the warmest temperature ever recorded is -16° C (3°F). Besides these, the highest recorded force winds on Everest is 285 km/h.May 2, 2020

Last edited:
Let me ask. ME never gets above freezing so how can this be true? Water vapor at less than n 14.7 psia? AP @ 26K' is 5.5 psi so melting point should be higher than 0C.

Researchers found that the highest glacier on the mountain, the South Col Glacier, has lost more than 54 meters (177 feet) of thickness in the past 25 years. A team of 10 scientists visited the glacier and installed two weather monitoring stations — the world’s highest — and extracted samples from a 10-meter-long (33-foot) ice core. The glacier, which sits around 7,900 meters (26,000 feet) above sea level, was found to be thinning 80 times faster than it first took the ice to form on the surface, according to research published in 2022.

Mount Everest was first scaled 70 years ago. Climbers celebrate the milestone as climate change concerns grow

The coldest temperature on the Everest summit is -41°C (-42°F) recorded in December 2004 AD. Similarly, the warmest temperature ever recorded is -16° C (3°F). Besides these, the highest recorded force winds on Everest is 285 km/h.May 2, 2020
No idea.

But the Himalaya are 40M years old. So the ice has probably formed, retreated, and formed again over what - 400 times maybe?

I’m sure we’re just positive ice retreat #401 is caused by man made climate change though…

Yeah, issuing too many permits leading to overcrowding on the mountain by inexperienced climbers has nothing to do with it.
Yep. The over-issuance of permits is a problem for sure.

But the real killer is the cavalier attitude of novice climbers up on the South Col that have no business above base camp.

Yep. The over-issuance of permits is a problem for sure.

But the real killer is the cavalier attitude of novice climbers up on the South Col that have no business above base camp.

100% agree. Have you read any of Ed Viesturs books or articles on the subject? As far as I know he’s still the only American that’s climbed all 8000 meter peaks without oxygen so I’d consider him an expert.

100% agree. Have you read any of Ed Viesturs books or articles on the subject? As far as I know he’s still the only American that’s climbed all 8000 meter peaks without oxygen so I’d consider him an expert.
I’ve read extensively about the ‘96 storm that decimated the Rob Hall / Scott Fischer teams (and of course seen the films).

I had never read Ed Viesturs’ account, and did not know he had found Rob & Scott on his descent and sat with them. Thanks for the prompt.

For anyone else interested -
Ed Viesturs - Everest, 1996 -- National Geographic

It’s usually the descent that gets people. Most only think about the ascent to the summit - you still gotta get back down..

Sublimation is the process where ice evaporates without first becoming a liquid. It happens in your freezer; just put some ice cubes off to the side and they will shrink over time without ever thawing. Glaciers and ice packs can shrink naturally if not constantly replenished by snowfall. You'd think "environmental scientists" would know this. Since evaporation is quicker in dry air, you'd assume sublimation would be quicker in the dry air generally found around glaciers and snow packs on mountain peaks.

My mind just said conditions are right for sublimation - even polar ice sublimation, so I did a quick search and came across a couple of scientific articles ... which I don't have the patience to wade through; however there are a couple of important quick facts in the conclusions. I think climate alarmists know there's a lot of work that doesn't support their agenda, so they never reference it.

An eddy covariance experiment was conducted to measure snow sublimation on Yala Glacier at an altitude of 5,350 m a.s.l. The eddy covariance measurements show that the cumulative sublimation is 32 mm for a 32-day period. The average sublimation rate of 1.0 mm per day is relatively high and can be explained by favorable conditions at high altitude, i.e., low atmospheric pressure, high wind speed and low near-surface vapor pressures

and for Antarctica

Field evidence and model results confirm that sublimation accounts for most of the mass lost from Taylor Glacier. Sublimation rates vary in a complex spatial pattern, largely because the mountainous topography interacts with regional airflow regimes (katabatic, cyclonic and diurnal) to generate non-uniform winds on the glacier. Superimposed on the general decrease of sublimation rate with altitude is a pronounced maximum midway along the glacier, related to strong winds emanating from a tributary valley, Windy Gully, and their propagation down-glacier.

The Importance of Snow Sublimation on a Himalayan Glacier

Sublimation and surface energy budget of Taylor Glacier, Antarctica | Journal of Glaciology | Cambridge Core

I’ve read extensively about the ‘96 storm that decimated the Rob Hall / Scott Fischer teams (and of course seen the films).

I had never read Ed Viesturs’ account, and did not know he had found Rob & Scott on his descent and sat with them. Thanks for the prompt.

For anyone else interested -
Ed Viesturs - Everest, 1996 -- National Geographic

It’s usually the descent that gets people. Most only think about the ascent to the summit - you still gotta get back down..

Read his books, his books on K2 and Annapurna are amazing.

VN Store

Back