More Climate BS...

I understand (at least to some level). But the part I’m still not grasping is why not simply use distillation to remove the salt? I would imagine we could boil water and collect the steaks pretty cheap. I want to say it sells for around 50 cents a gallon now but could be made cheaper if not sold by the gallon
Money. Why would a company choose to do this to sell a gallon of water for 50 cents when they can sell a 1.5 L bottle of Fiji water for $3. There's just not enough money to be made in it......yet.

Pretty much same reason we will never have "free" energy even though Tesla figured out how to do it 100 years ago. Money.

Reactions: Orangeburst
i obviously don’t even know what I am talking about but we did have water injected compressors with a small water make up built in system. Never looked to see how that works.
Did sell N2 generators though with membranes or media

I have never done a forward osmosis installation, only RO.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Money. Why would a company choose to do this to sell a gallon of water for 50 cents when they can sell a 1.5 L bottle of Fiji water for $3. There's just not enough money to be made in it......yet.

That’s not really an answer. Plenty of companies sell things on large scales and are profitable. And I see no way a company can’t use reverse osmosis, distillation, or some other technique to remove salt from water at a cheaper rate than it would be to invade a foreign country and take their water.

Especially since total annual rainfall is increasing

That’s not really an answer. Plenty of companies sell things on large scales and are profitable. And I see no way a company can’t use reverse osmosis, distillation, or some other technique to remove salt from water at a cheaper rate than it would be to invade a foreign country and take their water.

Especially since total annual rainfall is increasing
There is not a need for it currently. Why would I buy a gallon of desalinated ocean water when I could just turn on the tap and get that good ole Kingsport city water for pennies on the dollar?

Thank you. Didn’t consider that. Plenty of people do reverse osmosis in their homes and it doesn’t seem that expensive. I would imagine it would be manageable on a wide scale and cheap enough to prevent #WaterWars
home RO units are for fresh water "desal".... sea water desal requires higher pressures to get to "fresh water" (higher energy costs) and higher as in "an order of magnitude" or more

There is not a need for it currently. Why would I buy a gallon of desalinated ocean water when I could just turn on the tap and get that good ole Kingsport city water for pennies on the dollar?

I’m not claiming there is a current need for it. But I’m saying because it’s possible today at a reasonable price and likely even cheaper in the future, I don’t NDT is right about Water Wars being a future human problem. Especially not given annual rainfall seems to be trending up and I imagine would only increase as we melt more glaciers.

I’m not claiming there is a current need for it. But I’m saying because it’s possible today at a reasonable price and likely even cheaper in the future, I don’t NDT is right about Water Wars being a future human problem. Especially not given annual rainfall seems to be trending up and I imagine would only increase as we melt more glaciers.
To another point, i'm not sure annual rainfall increase combined with melting more glaciers is a great recipe for the continued success of mankind.

To another point, i'm not sure annual rainfall increase combined with melting more glaciers is a great recipe for the continued success of mankind.

That’s a different question. But it’s obvious a good thing if you’re concerned about Water Wars right? Increased rainfall would obviously make Water Wars far less likely.

If you accept that, I’ll gladly hear you out on why this would in some way inhibit the success of mankind

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
I didn’t go to TBSFBAG, just TBSFB, which wasn’t very smart
lol

VNPF be like
3xth3f.jpg

Temporarily. I think I'm just thinking way, way longer term than you.

Lol increased rainfall will only help temporarily? And if you’re looking way, way longer term than you’d have to assume desalination is way, way cheaper to do by then.

What’s your argument? How does more rainfall and cheaper desalination eventually still end in Water Wars!

Part of the summary in his link attributed the "loss" to usage.

Like when a lot of people move to an arid climate and empty the runoff to meet their needs and water lawns that never before existed, and the water reservoirs aren't big enough to meet demand kind of thing? Of course, they'd never accept that the resources like water in one basin can't accept an infinite number of people and all the ways they find to use water.

If the polar ice caps on Mars are receding at the same time our ice caps/glaciers are receding, is that:
coincidence?
abnormal human induced climate change spread to Mars?
normal cyclical planetary climate change?

"Lots of parts of the world are exacerbating the problem right now, but when you have bombs going off and you have damage to septic tanks or to power centers etcetera, you have an enormous release of greenhouse gas, methane, all of the family of greenhouse gasses and the result is it's adding to the problem," Kerry
What happens to all the methane gas John? Are homeowners sitting on bombs?
This is the voice of CC and he is traveling around the world. Lord help us.

If the polar ice caps on Mars are receding at the same time our ice caps/glaciers are receding, is that:
coincidence?
abnormal human induced climate change spread to Mars?
normal cyclical planetary climate change?
howsa 'bout sending Lurch on a one way trip to Mars and let him solve it.

VN Store

Back