More Climate BS...

That was in 93. Very uncommon for our area. Very tight pressure gradient leading to consistent strong winds with 1/4 mile visability for at least 3 hours. You're right, that is rare...particularly for our area. Will happen again eventually. Probably years from now.
We had some pretty significant snow on Christmas in 2010 and then several events with significant accumulation into 2011

Reactions: AM64
We had some pretty significant snow on Christmas in 2010 and then several events with significant accumulation into 2011

Actually we got more snow last year, 12.3", than we've had since 2014. (per NOAA)

Note this is for the annual total which would include the cold part of the first of the year as well as the late so it's not exactly "the winter of '22" in the classic Nov-March many people associate with a snow season here. Still, we obviously got snow in '22 with the biggest single dump 6.5" on March 12th.

Who's claiming the climate doesn't change? Been happening well before our existence. Will happen well after we are gone.
Obviously we’re discussing recent human-caused climate change.

That said, there are plenty of idiots ITT claiming the climate is not changing period. I wouldn’t have to look far to find a “no global warming since 1998” or similar post.

“It snowed somewhere” posts are basically the same thing but I hope most of those are tongue in cheek…

Actually we got more snow last year, 12.3", than we've had since 2014. (per NOAA)

Note this is for the annual total which would include the cold part of the first of the year as well as the late so it's not exactly "the winter of '22" in the classic Nov-March many people associate with a snow season here. Still, we obviously got snow in '22 with the biggest single dump 6.5" on March 12th.
I believe that '10-'11 total might have been a record year for some areas down here in SE middle Tennessee. It was first or second for the Sewanee-Monteagle area

Reactions: AM64
In the tweet about Kerry diminshing water was mentioned.

How is water diminishing globally? The water cycled dictates water is a daily renewed resource.

You know the funny thing is that if these idiots got what they deserve like another Ice Age, some of the water actually would diminish because it would be locked up as ice. The other thing is how can they claim water is diminishing and sea level is rising? It's like they are too stupid to realize they constantly contradict themselves.

You know the funny thing is that if these idiots got what they deserve like another Ice Age, some of the water actually would diminish because it would be locked up as ice. The other thing is how can they claim water is diminishing and sea level is rising? It's like they are too stupid to realize they constantly contradict themselves.
You know as well as I do, that erratic weather patterns are a result of significant shifts in Climatology. Yes, the causes can be debated at length. Although, a larger number of scientists believe it is man made. That's an irrefutable fact. That many of our large glaciers have melted by half is irrefutable. We can't just blow it off, with a "our climate has always done this" BS. We don't need the taxes to fix it. We need our citizens to fix it

You know as well as I do, that erratic weather patterns are a result of significant shifts in Climatology. Yes, the causes can be debated at length. Although, a larger number of scientists are paid to make us believe it is man made. That's an irrefutable fact. That many of our large glaciers have melted by half is irrefutable. We can't just blow it off, with a "our climate has always done this" BS. We don't need the taxes to fix it. We need our citizens to fix it

FIFY

The other thing is how can they claim water is diminishing and sea level is rising? It's like they are too stupid to realize they constantly contradict themselves.

Fresh water. Fresh water is diminishing. Most lakes and rivers in the world have gotten significantly smaller over the last 25 years. Sea levels have risen because of melting of ice sheets.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
In the tweet about Kerry diminshing water was mentioned.

How is water diminishing globally? The water cycled dictates water is a daily renewed resource.

I’ve never really understood the water thing. Is distilling water that expensive? I’m sure there’s something here I’m missing (maybe an issue with the lack of minerals in distilled water?)

You know as well as I do, that erratic weather patterns are a result of significant shifts in Climatology. Yes, the causes can be debated at length. Although, a larger number of scientists believe it is man made. That's an irrefutable fact. That many of our large glaciers have melted by half is irrefutable. We can't just blow it off, with a "our climate has always done this" BS. We don't need the taxes to fix it. We need our citizens to fix it

By half since when is really the question? I’m assuming you’re talking about the articles making the claim that we’ve lost half of some glaciers since 1930. The issue with that claim is that around the end of the 1800s we had a mini ice age. So shouldn’t we expect the amount of glacial ice to be less 150 years or so after an ice age than it was 50 year or so after an ice age?

Also if my memory is right the southern glaciers are actually expanding

I’ve never really understood the water thing. Is distilling water that expensive? I’m sure there’s something here I’m missing (maybe an issue with the lack of minerals in distilled water?)
i would venture to say that it is rainy as much or more than ever but is not distributed as equally in some areas or is raining back in ocean, which is vast majority of surface area

I've offered to take anybody's appliances, vehicles, and AC units off their hands. No one seems ready to give up they're destructive ways.

That's pretty much the point everybody chooses to ignore. The earth does what the earth does, and we are like a flea hitching a ride on a dog thinking we should control the dog. People built on rivers and coastlines because it worked for shipping ... until some sort of storm floods the place or punishes it with winds - hurricane style. The land always survived; people and their buildings may not. We also have a nasty habit of building and outstripping resources like fresh water in CA, and in some places burning forests for slash and burn farming that invites erosion and other negative consequences. Seems like if we are half as smart as we think we are, we'd make better choices and recognize that we don't control the place ... live with the land, respect that it changes, and do as little damage as reasonably possible. The earth will repair most of what we do naturally as long as we are reasonable.

i would venture to say that it is rainy as much or more than ever but is not distributed as equally in some areas or is raining back in ocean, which is vast majority of surface area

I get that part. What I’m saying is why can’t we simply remove the salt through distillation or another process? It would seem to be an easy solution. Especially since most of the problem is out west and not far from the coast

That's pretty much the point everybody chooses to ignore. The earth does what the earth does, and we are like a flea hitching a ride on a dog thinking we should control the dog. People built on rivers and coastlines because it worked for shipping ... until some sort of storm floods the place or punishes it with winds - hurricane style. The land always survived; people and their buildings may not. We also have a nasty habit of building and outstripping resources like fresh water in CA, and in some places burning forests for slash and burn farming that invites erosion and other negative consequences. Seems like if we are half as smart as we think we are, we'd make better choices and recognize that we don't control the place ... live with the land, respect that it changes, and do as little damage as reasonably possible. The earth will repair most of what we do naturally as long as we are reasonable.
If a dog had 8 billion fleas living on it it would be dead.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Fresh water. Fresh water is diminishing. Most lakes and rivers in the world have gotten significantly smaller over the last 25 years. Sea levels have risen because of melting of ice sheets.

Is it really, or is it a problem because people concentrate in areas and outstrip the available resources? Want to bet that the argument if you could graph it falls along a line with man's desire to congregate in specific areas and then complain about resource problems. Southern CA is a great example, and Atlanta is another when the weather turns drier for any period of time.

They are banning farming, eating bugs is a narrative, uniforms, banning stoves, etc
Undeveloped nations get a pass, even China
They are purposely redistributing wealth worldwide while immigrating these poorer nations citizenry to wealthier nations. No coincidence even in all European nations.
This isn’t some conspiracy
This is about control and wealth redistribution

Reactions: Vol8188
Is it really, or is it a problem because people concentrate in areas and outstrip the available resources? Want to bet that the argument if you could graph it falls along a line with man's desire to congregate in specific areas and then complain about resource problems. Southern CA is a great example, and Atlanta is another when the weather turns drier for any period of time.
Part of the summary in his link attributed the "loss" to usage.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and AM64

VN Store

Back