Most embarrassing thing about today

Peterman or Worley is SIMPLY not the answer.....I think Peterman stares down his receivers; Worley just doesn't have the 'arm strength or mobility".......Let me know when Rajon Neal uses his off arm to stiff arm a defender and breaks a tackle....but remember there were 2 plays very early and Tenn would have went up at least 21 - 3 but Worley under threw or was off on his throws and simply we don't have the talent to overcome those game changing plays.........

Im no coach know this but with a physical o line you must run forward against a undersized d line. Mostly all runs where left to right right to left. That gives a team the ability to use speed. Power is straight ahead.

Reactions: 1 person
You know, I'm sick of hearing this, no one is jumping ship. Most of us just will not accept a loss this bad and go on. Its not ok.

This is the worst loss since 1905 when we lost to Georgia Tech.

What can you do about it??????? We were outmatched by one of if not the best team in the country. I'm not necessarily referring to this OP. There were many in the game day thread talking about watching "real teams with real coaches (referring to Bama and A&M).

This will not be resolved overnight. Whether you think it's ok or not, it's the way it is.

We lost to the hottest team in the NCAA. Calm down we all knew it was going to be a learning process. Lets not give up on our team yet

Reactions: 3 people
We lost to the hottest team in the NCAA. Calm down we all knew it was going to be a learning process. Lets not give up on our team yet

A win next Saturday and today will be forgotten like yesterdays newspaper. Does anyone still read a newspaper anymore? LOL:crazy:

Reactions: 2 people
Agree our O line is way over hyped, however, a better RB ( than Neal) would make them look better. Neal averages 150 yards a game, problem is 100 of them are running east and west. He just does not hit the hole fast enough nor does he have good vision

God I'm tired of hearing this sh!t

Just sick and tired.

The idea that we have a dominant oline is quite frankly a joke. Good pass blockers, that's it. We got no consistent push, even against a freaking 3 man front. Feel bad for Worley, but he just isn't big-time. Offensive scheme gives me no confidence - never had a clue what Oregon was going to do, they seemed to have no problem figuring out what we were going to do. Going to be a long season.

I think our O line is still pretty darn good. At the onset of the game, they were pushing the Oregon D line. The problem was Worley. Dude could not hit the broadside of a barn. So, when a QB is horribly inaccurate, the defense stacks the line. When long situations occurred, the defense pinned their ears back and brought the heat. I think our mistake was running the zone read when we have a non-athletic QB. We will not fool good defenses with that strategy.

The idea that we have a dominant oline is quite frankly a joke. Good pass blockers, that's it. We got no consistent push, even against a freaking 3 man front. Feel bad for Worley, but he just isn't big-time. Offensive scheme gives me no confidence - never had a clue what Oregon was going to do, they seemed to have no problem figuring out what we were going to do. Going to be a long season.

Mabey if we lined up in the I instead of this spread crap and ran downhill the o-line could show what they can do!

It's a freaking shame the coaches didn't try it!

Reactions: 3 people
God I'm tired of hearing this sh!t

Just sick and tired.

So you think Neal is a good RB and our O- Line is as good as they are hyped? It's obvious CBJ has to recruit like heck to get us back to being competitive in games vs. Top 10 teams.

The rbs are very pedestrian and don't scare anyone. If the Vols had a Travis Stephens or Jay Graham the Oline would look incredible. There were holes today

Reactions: 2 people
The rbs are very pedestrian and don't scare anyone. If the Vols had a Travis Stephens or Jay Graham the Oline would look incredible. There were holes today

Agree, looked to me Tom Smith , Alden Hill and even the Walk on Summerhill hit the holes a lot quicker than Neal. . He stutter steps and runs east and west too much.

Most embarassing thing was we didn't get out this game when we had the chance. This did nothing but set us back.

Mabey if we lined up in the I instead of this spread crap and ran downhill the o-line could show what they can do!

It's a freaking shame the coaches didn't try it!

Hog,
I'm with you all the way! You should always run at the heart of a fast defense. I believe the results would have been different if we did.

VN Store

Back