MTG: How to stop mass shootings

I do find it interesting that over the last 20 years, ant-depressant prescription meds to the young are up something like 30x. Can't tell me that isn't a major factor, if not the primary one. Big Pharma strikes again.
Absolutely, so which is easier to target? NRA or big pharma? Easier to go after guns vs Prozac

Absolutely, so which is easier to target? NRA or big pharma? Easier to go after guns vs Prozac

Big pharma is pretty much untouchable. Too much money, too many jobs. No politico will go against them unless there is some event so terrible and so media friendly to insulate their political career.

That's a flaw in your thinking, then, bro. As you probably know, these shootings are rare. How can anybody be certain that a huge increase of one variable is responsible for a marginal uptick in another, just because they appear correlated?

For all we know, diet is a the biggest factor. We're just guessing.
Well lets stay on topic with regards to MTG's comment. She didn't single out just one factor.

Let’s fix the fatherless, faithless culture drugging our boys

Big pharma is pretty much untouchable. Too much money, too many jobs. No politico will go against them unless there is some event so terrible and so media friendly to insulate their political career.
Exactly. We saw the influence worldwide during Covid by Big Pharma. Look at Merck and Singular and the suicide issues amongst teenagers back in the early 2000’s. Swept away.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Multiple affairs while still married and now is touting strong family values.

Does hypocrisy make you wrong? If a guy with lung cancer tells you not to smoke is he wrong? I don't see the problem.

I can tell you how to lose weight, but I'm not great at it (lack of self control around food). I don't see any real relevance here. The reason I've seen Kamala's sex life brought up is in regards to her lack of ability/competence. Meaning she's not exceptional. Obama, Pence, and many others even if you disagree with them you can understand how they ended up in their position. It's common knowledge how Harris got her start.

Serious question: What do you mean in the highlighted portion?

Who receives the most deductions, credits, etc at tax time? Those filing single or everyone else? What is the point in taxation if certain people are granted heavy relief due to their own personal life choices? Hell some people make more money at tax time than they do all year. It is ridiculous.

Does hypocrisy make you wrong? If a guy with lung cancer tells you not to smoke is he wrong? I don't see the problem.

I can tell you how to lose weight, but I'm not great at it (lack of self control around food). I don't see any real relevance here. The reason I've seen Kamala's sex life brought up is in regards to her lack of ability/competence. Meaning she's not exceptional. Obama, Pence, and many others even if you disagree with them you can understand how they ended up in their position. It's common knowledge how Harris got her start.
Yes, it makes her wrong. Maybe the men who leave a cheating partner are just stronger than hers. Who really knows

Who receives the most deductions, credits, etc at tax time? Those filing single or everyone else? What is the point in taxation if certain people are granted heavy relief due to their own personal life choices? Hell some people make more money at tax time than they do all year. It is ridiculous.

You are throwing in a bunch of unrelated things. You can keep tax incentives without continuing a system that currently allows many to receive more money than they not only paid in taxes, but more money than they even made in the year.

Yes, some choices are better than others. For example it's beneficial for everyone if you invest. Our tax system incentivizes that. Coupling is better for society. Our system in some ways encourages that (in others it penalizes).

These seems personal for you.

Yes, it makes her wrong. Maybe the men who leave a cheating partner are just stronger than hers. Who really knows

Huh? Tell me what I'm missing here.

1. She cheated on her husband according to you (I'm sure you're right, and don't care enough to look into it).
2. She believes strong families are needed and important.
3. This is where I'm losing you....She is wrong about 2 because some people cheat?

It seems like you're fighting a strawman. I don't think she's condoning cheating. She condoned families. Is there a line in her post that I'm missing that is why you're talking specifically about cheating? Or is this just a strawman?

When I say "two parent households are better than 1", I'm not proclaiming outliers don't exist. I don't think she's saying that either.

You said the righties, I’m sure the lefties have been non-polite in regards to Trumps wife, daughters and say Boebert.

While I think the left and right on this board for the most part are equally douchey to each other, there is no competition between how the left and the right on this board talk about the opposition's women. It's pretty fkn embarrassing, TBH. It's probably a result of the sheer numbers of right-wing people on this board. You're going to get some ugly people, but whatever the explanation is, that is the reality.

The lefties mock Trump's family, but they're not calling them sluts and hos and **** like that.

VN Store

Back