Mueller Report Imminent

The Trump administration, in a nutshell.

monkeys.jpg

The article is complete and utter BS. It didn't matter whether the Muell could charge Trump or not, if they had actual evidence of him obstructing justice or even if they felt that they had a good case for it they would have made a determination instead of punting. If the Muell had determined in his report Trump did in fact obstruct justice the house could have began impeachment proceedings already.

This is why I consider the Muell a gutless dirtbag, he knew what what would happen by not making a determination and punted on purpose.

The article is complete and utter BS. It didn't matter whether the Muell could charge Trump or not, if they had actual evidence of him obstructing justice or even if they felt that they had a good case for it they would have made a determination instead of punting. If the Muell had determined in his report Trump did in fact obstruct justice the house could have began impeachment proceedings already.

This is why I consider the Muell a gutless dirtbag, he knew what what would happen by not making a determination and punted on purpose.

So the government should have declared Trump guilty of a crime and not ever have to prove it or give him his day in court to contest it?

Seems inconsistent for you... but ok.

So the government should have declared Trump guilty of a crime and not ever have to prove it or give him his day in court to contest it?

Seems inconsistent for you... but ok.

I'm beginning to question your ability to comprehend and wondering if you are just another lawyer hack.

But I will explain. The Muell should have made a determination whether in his opinion Trump obstructed justice or not. If he determined that Trump did obstruct then it would be up to the house to start impeachment proceedings since The Muell could not indict per DOJ rules. If he could not form a reasonable case of obstruction against Trump he should have plainly stated that just like he did with the collusion matter. However the Muell did not submit a definitive opinion on obstruction and left that determination up to Barr. It is my belief that the Muell took that route on purpose to keep the subject up in the air and continue the current atmosphere of derision. The Muell was pissed that he would not go down in history as the man who brought a president to his knees.

I'm beginning to question your ability to comprehend and wondering if you are just another lawyer hack.

But I will explain. The Muell should have made a determination whether in his opinion Trump obstructed justice or not. If he determined that Trump did obstruct then it would be up to the house to start impeachment proceedings since The Muell could not indict per DOJ rules. If he could not form a reasonable case of obstruction against Trump he should have plainly stated that just like he did with the collusion matter. However the Muell did not submit a definitive opinion on obstruction and left that determination up to Barr. It is my belief that the Muell took that route on purpose to keep the subject up in the air and continue the current atmosphere of derision. The Muell was pissed that he would not go down in history as the man who brought a president to his knees.

Tl;dr: “yes but I haven’t stopped to think and realize that that’s what I’m saying.”

I always thought that was Putin. Or Stormy.

Stormy? You mean another woman that the democrat party threw in the trash when she didn't get the desired result?

Uh, dude's an unindicted co-conspirator in the Cohen campaign finance fraud case. Only thing stopping him from being indicted is his office.

Uh, dude's an unindicted co-conspirator in the Cohen campaign finance fraud case. Only thing stopping him from being indicted is his office.

Let's hope they do indict him one day. My guess is they never will because they know there is zero chance it would get to trial.

I have no doubt you didn't read it. You must be taking lessons from LG.

Used to think you were one of the independent ones.
I appreciate the humor of having my independence and reading quotient questioned by somebody popping off partisan hot takes that wouldn’t make sense to anyone who has read the report.

The fact that you didn’t immediately understand what I’m saying and think it’s somehow a failure of comprehension on my part (to the point of restating/explaining your opinion) suggests that you didn’t read even the first 10 pages of Volume II of the report, where this was discussed. Not to mention the your unsupported notion that he “left it up to Barr.”

Your opinion that the other 200 some-odd pages of Volume II don’t make a compelling case for obstruction and that Mueller left the question open to preserve a black cloud over the president, just confirms that you didn’t read it.

Volume II wasn’t a signal to congress, or whatever it’s being called. It’s “how to try this case, for dummies.” Sure, it didn’t make a final conclusion, but it also didn’t leave the question open, because it gave the reader, congress, or a future prosecutor, all of the tools and information they need to make the conclusion for themselves.

The incongruence of your opinion is even more stark if you juxtapose Volume I and Volume II and see the evidence they had of collusion, yet still reached the conclusion that they couldn’t prove conspiracy. Clearly they weren’t bending over backwards to leave a cloud hanging over Trump. They were calling balls and strikes consistently.

I get that most of us are busy. It took me a while to read the whole thing, and I definitely skipped a few sections in Volume I. So some people might not have finished it, yet. I don’t think that makes all the premature victory laps, tantrum throwing, deflections, or ill-considered hot takes any more credible.

A conclusive determination of guilt would flatly disregard the notions of due process and a day in court and would be likely to leave Trump’s opportunity to refute the charge in the hands of his political opponents. Those political opponents would then be forced to weigh their own partisan interests against upholding the rule of law. Mueller knew which of those two ideas were the most momentous for house democrats and correctly put them on the same side of the scale.

I appreciate the humor of having my independence and reading quotient questioned by somebody popping off partisan hot takes that wouldn’t make sense to anyone who has read the report.

The fact that you didn’t immediately understand what I’m saying and think it’s somehow a failure of comprehension on my part (to the point of restating/explaining your opinion) suggests that you didn’t read even the first 10 pages of Volume II of the report, where this was discussed. Not to mention the your unsupported notion that he “left it up to Barr.”

Your opinion that the other 200 some-odd pages of Volume II don’t make a compelling case for obstruction and that Mueller left the question open to preserve a black cloud over the president, just confirms that you didn’t read it.

Volume II wasn’t a signal to congress, or whatever it’s being called. It’s “how to try this case, for dummies.” Sure, it didn’t make a final conclusion, but it also didn’t leave the question open, because it gave the reader, congress, or a future prosecutor, all of the tools and information they need to make the conclusion for themselves.

The incongruence of your opinion is even more stark if you juxtapose Volume I and Volume II and see the evidence they had of collusion, yet still reached the conclusion that they couldn’t prove conspiracy. Clearly they weren’t bending over backwards to leave a cloud hanging over Trump. They were calling balls and strikes consistently.

I get that most of us are busy. It took me a while to read the whole thing, and I definitely skipped a few sections in Volume I. So some people might not have finished it, yet. I don’t think that makes all the premature victory laps, tantrum throwing, deflections, or ill-considered hot takes any more credible.

A conclusive determination of guilt would flatly disregard the notions of due process and a day in court and would be likely to leave Trump’s opportunity to refute the charge in the hands of his political opponents. Those political opponents would then be forced to weigh their own partisan interests against upholding the rule of law. Mueller knew which of those two ideas were the most momentous for house democrats and correctly put them on the same side of the scale.

Nothing in the report, in any volume makes a compelling case for obstruction. That is why democrats have not filed articles of impeachment and most likely will not. So I would say that (at least the D leadership) has come to the conclusion obstruction would be a fools errand for them.

There was no evidence of collusion because if there was collusion there would have been a conspiracy. One cannot exist without the other. You are reading the report with shaded lenses, not clear eyes.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back