Mueller Report Imminent

1:25:00

“First, as a matter of law, I think the department’s position would be that the president can order the termination or replacement of the special counsel.”

I don’t know but I will say that I think his testimony today that the DOJ believes the president can fire a special counsel who is actively investigating the president is a concerning position for any government.

It was a poorly worded question but his refusal to answer whether or not the campaign should have reported all of the Russian efforts at building back channel communications to the FBI is almost more concerning. If we’ve gotten to the point that that Attorney General can’t confidently answer that question, we need to be finding a way to correct that.

So here's a little question for you. You're in a multinational business, you're running for president, you have no chance of winning (at least that's what we were all told), do you quit your day job?

So here's a little question for you. You're in a multinational business, you're running for president, you have no chance of winning (at least that's what we were all told), do you quit your day job?

No. I wouldn’t, unless I won.

No. I wouldn’t, unless I won.

We do agree on some things then. So it would have been fine for Trump to discuss potential business deals with Russians and have said nothing to the FBI because it had nothing to do with what he might do after becoming president ... since there was obviously no chance of that happening?

We do agree on some things then. So it would have been fine for Trump to discuss potential business deals with Russians and have said nothing to the FBI because it had nothing to do with what he might do after becoming president ... since there was obviously no chance of that happening?

Even after he was the nominee, I don’t have a problem with the idea of him continuing to try to develop Trump tower in Moscow as part of his private business.

Where I would have a problem is if any there was any discussion of some sort of quid pro quo for actions taken after he became president.

Even after he was the nominee, I don’t have a problem with the idea of him continuing to try to develop Trump tower in Moscow as part of his private business.

Where I would have a problem is if any there was any discussion of some sort of quid pro quo for actions taken after he became president.

You mean like pay to play?

That, however, is something career politicians do every day. Trade campaign finance and insider information for legislative and regulatory favors. It's a big part of the reason for all the appendages in legislation and the thousands of pages in the tax code. Then there are the foundations. Seems to me that we should clean up congress and the rest of the DC swamp before condemning an outsider for supposedly not reporting back channel contacts that may well have had nothing at all to do with politics.

Perhaps we should have accused Obama of trolling for foreign support when he made comments like having "more freedom" after the election.

Does anyone in here condone Hirono's commentary during the hearing?
Just watched video of it. She read a prepared statement which assailed William Barr's integrity going back as far as 1989 and she accused him of being a subservient minion to Trump. It was partisan and combative but not unlike the way Republicans in Congress such as Ted Cruz, Louis Gohmert, Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows have approached hearings recently. The Mueller letter (and Barr's neglect in mentioning it during prior Senate testimony) has raised legitimate questions concerning Barr's independence and impartiality. Barr has also been coy and evasive with Democrats during his testimony... if Senator Hirono was overheated with her comments? Well, that's the political climate we're currently in and it definitely goes both ways... and I also think Barr had some of it coming.

Just watched video of it. She read a prepared statement which assailed William Barr's integrity going back as far as 1989 and she accused him of being a subservient minion to Trump. It was partisan and combative but not unlike the way Republicans in Congress such as Ted Cruz, Louis Gohmert, Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows have approached hearings recently. The Mueller letter (and Barr's neglect in mentioning it during prior Senate testimony) has raised legitimate questions concerning Barr's independence and impartiality. Barr has also been coy and evasive with Democrats during his testimony... if Senator Hirono was overheated with her comments? Well, that's the political climate we're currently in and it definitely goes both ways... and I also think Barr had some of it coming.

I guess Trump and his AG can’t be homeboys like the previous couple. Of course it wouldn’t matter because the delusional dims aren’t gonna stop screeching until Trump is out of office but thank god they have set the precedent that they have.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back