National Security Threat

Rural vs urban is history‘s oldest conflict. Read the Epic of Gilgamesh. We’ve been doing this for about 5000 years 😂
There was human conflict long before there were urban areas - but I get your point.
It's a stupid debate - the NYC thread and the constant city bashing is so transparent and pointless.
The obsession that rural folks have with urban areas far surpasses the obsession urban folks have with rural areas, and I think that simple fact is the root of the whole issue.

There was human conflict long before there were urban areas - but I get your point.
It's a stupid debate - the NYC thread and the constant city bashing is so transparent and pointless.
The obsession that rural folks have with urban areas far surpasses the obsession urban folks have with rural areas, and I think that simple fact is the root of the whole issue.
Or probably comes down to what you are used to. I gee up in the country. I always feel jittery in a big city and am constantly looking over my shoulder. I am sure people who grew up in cities probably feel similar in East Tennessee and worry that they just stepped into the movie Deliverance.
That said, I never had to worry about someone shoving me in front of a Subway train when I was standing in a corn field 😉

Reactions: luthervol
Or probably comes down to what you are used to. I gee up in the country. I always feel jittery in a big city and am constantly looking over my shoulder. I am sure people who grew up in cities probably feel similar in East Tennessee and worry that they just stepped into the movie Deliverance.
That said, I never had to worry about someone shoving me in front of a Subway train when I was standing in a corn field 😉
Agree on all counts.

Statistically less likely to be pushed in front of a Subway train while standing on a platform than to be bitten by a snake while standing in a corn field.

Reactions: OrangeTsar
It's OK to be against illegal immigration, but to think it's the biggest threat seems pretty alarmist. We have 5 decades of large-scale illegal immigration and pretty solid results.

I mean, I know you probably are freaking the **** out about Democratic votes, or something like that, and that's why you think it's a threat, but I got news for you...Republicans are a threat to you, too. Everybody in DC is. That's the biggest threat to America. Not people that want to start a taco truck business.
My goodness you are naive

Putin could just be telegraphing that they will start giving tea to all cancer patients. Then they die of something besides cancer. No more cancer deaths just like that
Kind of like what happened with regular influenza during Fauci flu.

Stellar debating skills.

One of my best friends from college was from Sneedville TN - Hancock Co..
Doesn't get much smaller than that.
He told me all about small town life. He went through his high school year book pointing out different people and telling me which animals they had been with. (Goat's hind legs in your boots? - wth)
If beastiality is a crime, then that small town blew away big cities - per capita of course.
I think your friend was just pulling your leg... assuming this story you are telling is even true.

Stellar debating skills.

One of my best friends from college was from Sneedville TN - Hancock Co..
Doesn't get much smaller than that.
He told me all about small town life. He went through his high school year book pointing out different people and telling me which animals they had been with. (Goat's hind legs in your boots? - wth)
If beastiality is a crime, then that small town blew away big cities - per capita of course.
You hang out with weird people that need to show respect to the Lord's creatures. Shame on you!

You hang out with weird people that need to show respect to the Lord's creatures. Shame on you!
No one was more shocked than me.
Don't want to say to much because of the 1 in a 1000 chance that someone on here may know people from Sneedville.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Sorry homie, I lived in Jersey City. Saw my first drive by the second night there.

No need to discuss me living in Ferguson/St. Louis as a kid.
Going to a layover hotel in a crew can once in New York with a flight attendant that has never been there before. Pulled up to a red light, and some clown pulls out his crank and starts pizzing on a 'tree'. She was horrified. I chuckled and said, welcome to New York.

Going to a layover hotel in a crew can once in New York with a flight attendant that has never been there before. Pulled up to a red light, and some clown pulls out his crank and starts pizzing on a 'tree'. She was horrified. I chuckled and said, welcome to New York.
Welcome to NYC. Went to St. Louis for a wedding about 15 years ago. Saw a ashey butt cheeks, but knew the homeless guy was peeing in the trash can.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
And that’s a minor introduction.

Last edited:
I’m more of a suburban guy, but I feel comfortable in rural and urban settings. Rural settings are great, but I become bored with the lack of people and in urban settings I get sick of crowds.

However, I don’t feel afraid for my safety in city settings. I’ve never been a victim of personal crime. I am careful, but unconcerned about such things.

VN Store

Back