National Security Threat

There are hundreds of small towns and cities with high unemployment, poverty and crime.

People who hate cities crack me up.

Sorry homie, I lived in Jersey City. Saw my first drive by the second night there.

No need to discuss me living in Ferguson/St. Louis as a kid.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Just do a quick survey..........

Show of hands, who hates cities?

Or go read through a couple of pages of the NYC thread.
I don't hate cities, but after years of living in various ones across the country, I prefer not to live in a city. Where I am now, it's quiet, mostly, the wail of a siren is rare. Being able to go to a farmer's market thrice weekly down the road at a park is nice. So is harvesting black walnuts annually because no one cares if you pick them up at the park, or stop along a roadside and harvest them Cause otherwise, they just end up on a road causing a car to slide. Houses far enough apart so that folks are relatively at peace, joining street neighbors for yard sales, etc. The only consistent bad thing is I guess, bored people drinking more. Result, we have vehicle collisions, too many to suit me. So you got to watch with serious care even when you have the right of way, driving through a 3-4 way intersection, Weekends and nights. Still better than city living. I just prefer not living in cities. There are fewer, or seems to be fewer A-Holes outside of cities. Well, most of the time anyway.

Reactions: jp1 and InVOLuntary
Talk about bigots..the rise..well actually the open display of anti-semitism has really been an eye opener, and they aint Trumpers.
True. However, America has ALWAYS had an underlying bias against Jews, along with other minorities. It was just lying dormant, waiting for the right trigger to emerge once again. I have to admit the demographics of the current Jew-haters wasn't what I expected given what the trigger is. The Muslim transplants attitude is no surprise, but the rest, all across the political and ethnic spectrum, floored me. I should know better because I know that when all is said and done, humans gonna human.

Last edited:
Truer. However, America has ALWAYS had an underlying bias against Jews, along with other minorities. It was just lying dormant, waiting for the right trigger to emerge once again. I have to admit the demographics of the current Jew-haters wasn't what I expected given what the trigger is. The Muslim transplants attitude is no surprise, but the rest, all across the political and ethnic spectrum, floored me. I should know better because I know that when all is said and done, humans gonna human.
everywhere has an underlying bias against anyone not from there. its part of evolution. things, including people, different from us were a threat, and not to be trusted. its why we can see faces in random objects, it even has a scientific name, pareidolia. we are hardwired to not be trusting creatures. It's why we use red as the universal color to signify "don't". It even goes to explain even basic preferences in human interaction like eye contact, firm handshakes, even body posture.

Just do a quick survey..........

Show of hands, who hates cities?

Or go read through a couple of pages of the NYC thread.
Are we allowed to hate certain parts of cities? Or are we broad brushing this topic?

There are certain parts of cities that are ok and other parts where you could get killed. The terrible parts give the entire city a bad rep.

everywhere has an underlying bias against anyone not from there. its part of evolution. things, including people, different from us were a threat, and not to be trusted. its why we can see faces in random objects, it even has a scientific name, pareidolia. we are hardwired to not be trusting creatures. It's why we use red as the universal color to signify "don't". It even goes to explain even basic preferences in human interaction like eye contact, firm handshakes, even body posture.
So what? What I said about America remains true. Especially in the light of my response to Orangeburst's post. But like the true MAGA detouring tactician, you want to drag my comments into another direction. That's OK, it's still both true and fun. Here, have another cup of terminated yak butter tea. Flavored with brown sugar, cause I know how much you like brown.

1710506733902.png

Are we allowed to hate certain parts of cities? Or are we broad brushing this topic?

There are certain parts of cities that are ok and other parts where you could get killed. The terrible parts give the entire city a bad rep.
Sure, of course you should like some parts of a city more than others.
Same with small towns......"stay away from that trailer park, there are a couple of crazy crack heads who live there"

Sure, of course you should like some parts of a city more than others.
Same with small towns......"stay away from that trailer park, there are a couple of crazy crack heads who live there"
The trailer park doesn’t define a small town. They are typically relegated to the outskirts.

If only the criminals in cities would do the same. They are a cancer.

The trailer park doesn’t define a small town. They are typically relegated to the outskirts.

If only the criminals in cities would do the same. They are a cancer.
Same ratio - and they venture out of the trailer park down to the Piggly Wiggly and Dollar General.

Same ratio - and they venture out of the trailer park down to the Piggly Wiggly and Dollar General.
It’s amazing they don’t do drive-bys and kill people. Have you ever lived in a small town? Do you know that feeling of not having to lock your doors? Your comparison is falling flat.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
So what? What I said about America remains true. Especially in the light of my response to Orangeburst's post. But like the true MAGA detouring tactician, you want to drag my comments into another direction. That's OK, it's still both true and fun. Here, have another cup of terminated yak butter tea. Flavored with brown sugar, cause I know how much you like brown.

View attachment 627066
as a typical TDS sufferer you can't stand to acknowledge that the problems you want to single out Trump/Maga for exist outside of those groups, before those groups existed, and even in the groups that align with your TDS. you NEED them to be different, to justify your completely irrational takes.

its a uniparty problem, not a Trump only problem. if you actually care about the issue at stake racism/bigotry/hatred you would be far better addressing the whole issue than just some subset of the issue.

as a typical TDS sufferer you can't stand to acknowledge that the problems you want to single out Trump/Maga for exist outside of those groups, before those groups existed, and even in the groups that align with your TDS. you NEED them to be different, to justify your completely irrational takes.

its a uniparty problem, not a Trump only problem. if you actually care about the issue at stake racism/bigotry/hatred you would be far better addressing the whole issue than just some subset of the issue.
Aren't you precious? Old enough to know your fake reasonable comments are just a set-up which is usually what happens here for anyone who isn't right angle bent.

It’s amazing they don’t do drive-bys and kill people. Have you ever lived in a small town? Do you know that feeling of not having to lock your doors? Your comparison is falling flat.
Sure. I don't lock my doors now.....ATL x-burb.
Smallest town I ever lived in was Cookeville TN during my college years.

But I'm okay with people not wanting to live in a city, it's expensive enough as it is.

Sure. I don't lock my doors now.....ATL x-burb.
Smallest town I ever lived in was Cookeville TN during my college years.

But I'm okay with people not wanting to live in a city, it's expensive enough as it is.
Ok. So you have never lived in a small town. Goodbye.

Ok. So you have never lived in a small town. Goodbye.
Stellar debating skills.

One of my best friends from college was from Sneedville TN - Hancock Co..
Doesn't get much smaller than that.
He told me all about small town life. He went through his high school year book pointing out different people and telling me which animals they had been with. (Goat's hind legs in your boots? - wth)
If beastiality is a crime, then that small town blew away big cities - per capita of course.

Stellar debating skills.

One of my best friends from college was from Sneedville TN - Hancock Co..
Doesn't get much smaller than that.
He told me all about small town life. He went through his high school year book pointing out different people and telling me which animals they had been with. (Goat's hind legs in your boots? - wth)
If beastiality is a crime, then that small town blew away big cities - per capita of course.
You are trying to comment on knowing about small town living and culture without ever living in one. The best you got is a friend showing you pictures. 😂😂🤣.

Stellar debating skills Looter.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman

VN Store

Back