'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

This falls in line with another AP comment on this recruitment
This will not stop the WorryVols from climbing out on the ledge at every little hint that things might be trending elsewhere. Even though the Sanders camp seems to be playing it very close to the vest and not giving too much away.
1688153606766.gif

This will not stop the WorryVols from climbing out on the ledge at every little hint that things might be trending elsewhere. Even though the Sanders camp seems to be playing it very close to the vest and not giving too much away.
View attachment 662704
Of course not. This thread will be 3 weeks of chaos

APs response:

Not sure how to take that, but AP has been very confident for a while.
Recruiting is recruiting but I’m interpreting that as AP complimenting the family because he knows they’re coming here. He’s been complimentary of them the whole process. Not saying I know anything and he’s made mention of great families before when they handle recruiting well. But to me it comes across as they’re coming here and I’m going to talk the family up.

I would like the professional accountants on this site to weigh in before forming an opinion on this matter.
Not a professional but my 2 cents. Just because he goes to school in TN (or anywhere else) doesn't make him a TN resident. He's a resident of NC right now so I would expect he would be subject to their state income tax laws.

I live on the TX/OK border, I can work in OK and not pay OK state income tax because I don't live there. OK residents who work in TX do have to pay the OK state income tax.

Tax laws vary by state so, Ohio could be different. He could also likely establish residency in TN to avoid the NC income tax.

Not a professional but my 2 cents. Just because he goes to school in TN (or anywhere else) doesn't make him a TN resident. He's a resident of NC right now so I would expect he would be subject to their state income tax laws.

I live on the TX/OK border, I can work in OK and not pay OK state income tax because I don't live there. OK residents who work in TX do have to pay the OK state income tax.

Tax laws vary by state so, Ohio could be different. He could also likely establish residency in TN to avoid the NC income tax.
I have changed my stance on this brudda! You have to get really drunk first before entering into the DAVIS sanders world of crootin extravaganza!

If Sanders doesn't visit OSU again the only way we don't get him is if another school throws so much NIL money at him he has to take it.

I think it was cool to have Brame there this weekend with the story of turning down more money (my opinion, not fact) to attend the school he loves and wants to be at. Feels like Sanders is in the same boat.

Tax laws do vary by state, and sometimes residency doesn't matter. For example, if you live in Chattanooga but work across the border in Georgia, you are required to pay Georgia state income taxes.

Tax laws do vary by state, and sometimes residency doesn't matter. For example, if you live in Chattanooga but work across the border in Georgia, you are required to pay Georgia state income taxes.
That sucks. So a Georgia resident working in TN would not? Or is Georgia still going to want their pint of blood?

you have to be a resident and live in Tennessee 51% of the year to be a tn resident for taxes. Also having proof of you being in TN for those months and days.

That sucks. So a Georgia resident working in TN would not? Or is Georgia still going to want their pint of blood?
Oh yeah, they'll take it. Whether living or working in this state they'll get theirs.

Note: I am also not a tax professional, but I did live in Chatt and work in N GA before moving down to the land of these godawful yapping mutts. Can't wait to be able to get back home someday, whether it's the beautiful scenery of East TN or closer to my family back in West TN.

Interesting part is once the school starts paying them to “Play”. They will be taxed at a prorated amount in each game the state is played in. If they play twelve games with two being in SC, they will owe 2/12 to South Carolina for the games played there. This is how all pro sports, concerts, etc.. is taxed, they will all need accountants, BUT Nil is not for “play” it is for the pretty face and personal endorsement and it will not be taxed based on where games are played.

I guess cause they can’t get our water, they decided to pull this crap. I honestly don’t see how this is legal🤔 If you’re not a resident of a state how can you be forced to pay residency ( based) income tax.
This is literally taxation without representation🤬 as a non- resident you can’t vote.

Last edited:
We’re all right here with you brother
Yeah. We will be camping out here for the next couple of weeks....
Camping Funny GIF

Sanders is much more college ball ready. Which imo Tennessee desperately needs. Might not start him as a freshman but if he comes here you definitly start him as a sophomore to replace Heard. Idk if Petty would be ready for that like Sanders will.
Heard will be here at least 2 more years. How many RS SO OLs turn pro?

North Carolina and Ohio both have state income taxes. They do not have a reciprocal agreement. So Sanders would have to pay 4.5 percent state income tax in North Carolina and probably 3.75 percent in Ohio if his NIL was more than 115k per year, unless he established residency in Ohio.

Reactions: karmazone

VN Store

Back