'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

Why would the team with the current top ranked recruiting class in the country be desperate? That makes no sense.
Ohio State is supposedly having a really crappy class for offensive line recruiting. They thought Sanders was going to be the one OL recruit worth a damn that they would get. They were wrong.

Oh absolutely. Unfortunately I think he would do well there. Obviously you never know but I definitely think Billyā€™s seat will be blistering hot after this season
They only have 10 commitments at the moment. I don't think I've ever seen Florida with so few, going into August. I am guessing that is due to questions over Napier's job security.

Having said that, the players they do have in the fold are solid.

The ****ing idiots at the recruiting websites will drum up a story until the very end when this dude has been a vol for months nearly a year

Shows you just how much the media twists sht
Silver lining I guess is, if he really is locked in to us, it makes us look good as hell to look like we went blow for blow and beat OSU for a top OT.

it's gonna be a long 2 weeks

the national writers of On3 and 247 will put out "updates" constantly, even though they won't have any, which will drive all sorts of pointless drivel

Ohio State site is going to hold on that they have been and continue to be his favorite and the best choice (they can't believe any recruit would ever want to go anywhere else)

Nebraska site is going to waver back and forth and make desperate good news posts every now and then when their paying members start whining enough

Georgia site is going to say they've come back and made significant traction

AP is going to have to keep saying "I have been confident, I feel the same" probably 5-10 times a day

this kid and his family have not had a dramatic recruitment. very thorough, very respectful. the writers and mods of those sites will have to post updates at least every 48 hours that make it sound like there's been movement or updates. even though there won't be movement and updates.
This falls in line with another AP comment on this recruitment

Imo Sanders and his family will take the next couple of weeks to finalize their choice. I donā€™t expect much communication out of them while they finish things out. They have had a plan and Iā€™d expect them to stick to it.

looking at it subjectively and logically it is one of 2 things....... I don't think Nebraska is in it at all but he wanted to see "more" of Tennessee even though he has been here numerous times. Now, Ohio State, that's interesting. He has either eliminated them or he doesn't need to see anymore. What concerns me is his after football life and the study of medicine, which is high on his list. I know we have a decent med school but he apparently was really enamored with OSU's school of medicine which is very highly rated (25th in the nation), especially in his interest, sports medicine, and he has had long talks with the Dean of the school there. Did he check all the boxes here or does he need to know more about UT?????? That's the million dollar question!!

Reactions: adam.vol
looking at it subjectively and logically it is one of 2 things....... I don't think Nebraska is in it at all but he wanted to see "more" of Tennessee even though he has been here numerous times. Now, Ohio State, that's interesting. He has either eliminated them or he doesn't need to see anymore. What concerns me is his after football life and the study of medicine, which is high on his list. I know we have a decent med school but he apparently was really enamored with OSU's school of medicine which is very highly rated (25th in the nation), especially in his interest, sports medicine, and he has had long talks with the Dean of the school there. Did he check all the boxes here or does he need to know more about UT?????? That's the million dollar question!!
He can get his under grad in pre-med at UT and go to med school at Ohio State (graduate degree). Happens all the timeā€¦unless he gets drafted in the NFL.

The ****ing idiots at the recruiting websites will drum up a story until the very end when this dude has been a vol for months nearly a year

Shows you just how much the media twists sht

NIL deal for the ages, silently commit but then take money from 247 and On3 to officially be uncommitted so they get more clicks Lol

it's gonna be a long 2 weeks

the national writers of On3 and 247 will put out "updates" constantly, even though they won't have any, which will drive all sorts of pointless drivel

Ohio State site is going to hold on that they have been and continue to be his favorite and the best choice (they can't believe any recruit would ever want to go anywhere else)

Nebraska site is going to waver back and forth and make desperate good news posts every now and then when their paying members start whining enough

Georgia site is going to say they've come back and made significant traction

AP is going to have to keep saying "I have been confident, I feel the same" probably 5-10 times a day

this kid and his family have not had a dramatic recruitment. very thorough, very respectful. the writers and mods of those sites will have to post updates at least every 48 hours that make it sound like there's been movement or updates. even though there won't be movement and updates.
You're wrong about the UGA sites. They are completely out of it, have been for awhile, so all of their info will be how they started backing off, how Sanders wasn't really a main priority for them after spring evaluations. You know, they just really weren't that high on the best OT in high school after the spring. "Good get for UT, though" and all.

Why would the team with the current top ranked recruiting class in the country be desperate? That makes no sense.
Because their OL recruiting hasn't been very good this cycle. Yes, they're killing it everywhere else; but, as of right now, they only have two OLmen committed, and one of those is an interior lineman ranked #59 at his position. Lowe is big time, but he's it on their O line.

I wish I had the discipline to stay away from this thread till declare date.

Maybe he and his family will tire of the calls and announce early..

Reactions: Glitch
Heā€™s been to Ut way more than Ohio State. Trust me he knew everything he needed to about the school and more. But Ohio State fans donā€™t seem to understand that

Heā€™s been to Ut way more than Ohio State. Trust me he knew everything he needed to about the school and more. But Ohio State fans donā€™t seem to understand that
It could be that he had some questions come up by visiting Ohio State as well. Ultimately I think Tennessee has done everything they can and I think they win here but weā€™ll see. OSU is pretty desperate to land another elite tackle.

It could be that he had some questions come up by visiting Ohio State as well. Ultimately I think Tennessee has done everything they can and I think they win here but weā€™ll see. OSU is pretty desperate to land another elite tackle.
So are we. Already been said the collective will do everything it takes to get him

Reactions: PA Vol and Glitch

VN Store

Back