'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

Thanks for everyone's insight, I was sincerely curious if we were in on anyone else in which we had legitimate chance to land.

So if things go according to plan with David and Onis, then in theory we will finish with 6-8 class. So for safety sake let's call it a top 10 class.

I wasn't necessarily saying it as a bad thing or negative. It's continued improvement with 12/13ish classes last 2 years. Now top 8 ish that's positive.

Hopefully this year goes well and Nico is who we think he is 10-2 ish type year. Along with Faizon top prospect in country next year hopefully we can get into.top 5 in 26

Other than Duane Morris thatā€™s all I know of for know. Names will pop up during the high school football season. TN was very high on Jaylen Mosley from Jackson Christian. Got hurt at the end of last year probably costing JC the state title. They are seeing how he has recovered
The longer Mills-Knight remains uncommitted, the more the door starts to open for Tennessee. Get him and Morris up to a game this fall and see what happens.

There will be players pop up during the season
I love seeing guys a step later in development cycle or splitting reps thru their JR year shoot up the target ladder as SR. Sometimes they get stars, sometimes not. Even better if we donā€™t start buried on their favorites lists and we have shown appropriate love throughout.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
After Sanders and Onis we would be at 278 numerical, puts us in 6-8 range for the class at the end of the cycle with 23 commits. I donā€™t think this coaching staff is going to just fill a class up with a quantity over quality mindset. Thatā€™s never been their MO
Yea this isn't butch jones were talking about.

Thanks for everyone's insight, I was sincerely curious if we were in on anyone else in which we had legitimate chance to land.

So if things go according to plan with David and Onis, then in theory we will finish with 6-8 class. So for safety sake let's call it a top 10 class.

I wasn't necessarily saying it as a bad thing or negative. It's continued improvement with 12/13ish classes last 2 years. Now top 8 ish that's positive.

Hopefully this year goes well and Nico is who we think he is 10-2 ish type year. Along with Faizon top prospect in country next year hopefully we can get into.top 5 in 26
Iā€™ve followed recruiting for over 25 years. There is bound to be a couple studs come out of nowhere after everyoneā€™s classes are pretty much set.

Even by seasonā€™s end there might be coaches leave or get fired where we can flip someone. Thereā€™s guys that explode late. Maybe some 3 star that grows a lot and takes a leap. Thereā€™s also the fact that we donā€™t know guys who are committed elsewhere that we are working to flip and have a legit shot to do so.

Iā€™ve always ideally wanted to see a great recruiting staff kinda always have one extra to wait and see someone who pops up late and be one of the few schools that can step up and offer because it always seems to be that someone becomes available you wish you could get in on.

And with the portal itā€™s a safe bet cuz if no one does you can always have an extra for that.

Why has Tom Loy of 247 stuck with his Crystal Ball pick to Clemson, when it's been a month since Sanders announced his final group of 4 schools, and Clemson wasn't on it?
Because if he flips now, it erodes his percentage. And, for those who dont know ****. The percentage gives them false sense of validation.

From Chad Simmons of ON3

Five-Star Plus+ OT David Sanders, Jr.​

His commitment date is Aug. 17 and the confidence in Knoxville is growing. Tennessee has been setting the pace in this race for much of the summer since David Sanders, Jr. was there for 865 Live in May. Ohio State has been a strong contender and Nebraska has worked hard to become a factor late, but the Vols continue to look like they will be tough to beat. Communication with all three schools is still consistent, but sources at the SEC program at Rocky Top feel good about their chances less than two weeks out.

Yea this isn't butch jones were talking about.
This guy????

Are Sanders Jr and Onis, really the only remaining guys left on our board we expect to land??

Petty would be awesome but think he's FSU bound.

If those two are all that's left that we add, best we can finish is 6th recruiting class but likely drop with others picking up commits and flips. Top 5 don't seem realistic but should still be top 10.

Maybe top 5 next year with Faizon cache draw
Harmon - LB commit for Bama
Gibson - DL commit for UGA (extreme long shot)
Andrew Maddox - DL commit for Ole Miss
Morris - RB commit for USC

Are who Iā€™ve heard weā€™ve had recent dialogue with. Nothing imminent with any but at least discussions happening.

VN Store

Back