'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

I’m not sure which is the more likely scenario…

A. The ohio st mods have knows for a while that Sanders is likely to chose Tennessee, and they have to keep the clicks coming in, so they played up their status in the recruitment of Davis.

B. Their school is such a juggernaut in recruiting that they believe they’re going to land every player that their coaches make a priority.

I’m personally choosing B. And I’m sure this strategy works 80% of the time for their recruiting “insiders”. But to anyone paying attention, Tennessee has been setting the pace for several months now.

Can’t wait for tomorrow.

I think he commits to us tomorrow, but I don't think that means he's ours yet. We have to win this season.

Reactions: ttatj
I think he commits to us tomorrow, but I don't think that means he's ours yet. We have to win this season.
You’re probably wrong. A kid that has been this deliberate about the recruiting process isn’t going to jump ship in the 11th hour because of a few unfavorable results. Recruits, as a rule, are far less reactive than fans.

You’re probably wrong. A kid that has been this deliberate about the recruiting process isn’t going to jump ship in the 11th hour because of a few unfavorable results. Recruits, as a rule, are far less reactive than fans.
I've seen a looooootttt of big time recruits switch their commitment over the last 15 years I've followed recruiting.

I've seen a looooootttt of big time recruits switch their commitment over the last 15 years I've followed recruiting.
Sure, but look at the trend. These kids take more and more of a “professional” approach to their recruitment, and commit earlier and earlier every cycle. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but decommitments as the result of a losing season for highly coveted targets like Sanders, who have been so deliberate about the process, are rare.

VN Store

Back