'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

The avg was higher though

Oh for sure, just saying that getting a couple 5* doesn’t equal top 5 ranking in response to that poster asking why not top 5. Oniy took 21 last cycle. Not sure how many they’re looking to take this year but they clearly like to supplement via portal.

Reactions: BbwVol
Why not top 5? We will land two 5* star kids, possibly three. The lower rated recruits may de-commit or get a bump in ratings. And if they don’t, so be it if Heup wants them.

Not that there is a big difference among the top ten…
In order for us to get into the top 5 we would probably need 3 5* and the vast majority of the rest of our class be high 4* guys. Highly doubt that happens. It’s possible. But to do so we are gonna have to go like 10-2. We will likely finish with our usual somewhere between 10-15.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Where did all these people come from who don't know what a prediction is, much less a Fongbomb? Oh, well.
I was going off what some in this thread had said. Full disclosure, 0 research was done. And, fully skeptical.

Urnge, this is the Fong article.

Last edited:
According to Clemson Rivals Mod, Sanders girlfriend also attends Tennessee and while not the biggest factor in his recruitment, it certainly doesn't hurt the good guys.
Is there actual credence to this or are they grasping at straws as their program continues to flounder? The old adage, “adapt or die” is applicable to what is going to happen with Dabo at the helm.

Is there actual credence to this or are they grasping at straws as their program continues to flounder? The old adage, “adapt or die” is applicable to what is going to happen with Dabo at the helm.
Dabo can flat out recruit. He is a repugnant hypocrite and a scoundrel. He is slippery and slimy and will cheat, lie, beg, borrow, or steal then pray it away.

In essence he is the pious Nick Saban.

Dabo can flat out recruit. He is a repugnant hypocrite and a scoundrel. He is slippery and slimy and will cheat, lie, beg, borrow, or steal then pray it away.

In essence he is the pious Nick Saban.
If dude wants to play in the NFL then Clemson would 1000% not be the choice.The past 20 years of drafting at oline is beyond putrid like abysmal with the talent they've had and like 5 oline guys drafted 3rd rd pr later since 10'.I know they got the new oline coach but I'm putting my faith in the coaches that just made Wright a top 10 pick in the nfl.

If dude wants to play in the NFL then Clemson would 1000% not be the choice.The past 20 years of drafting at oline is beyond putrid like abysmal with the talent they've had and like 5 oline guys drafted 3rd rd pr later since 10'.I know they got the new oline coach but I'm putting my faith in the coaches that just made Wright a top 10 pick in the nfl.
Sure that’s an Ohio St/UGA negative recruitment comment more than anyone.

This recruitment is going to move towards which team is offering the highest NIL deal. Recently came to my attention that Sanders has an NIL adviser. Good for him to get as much money as he can. Hope its the Vols signing the check!

Reactions: MoonshineVolunteer
This recruitment is going to move towards which team is offering the highest NIL deal. Recently came to my attention that Sanders has an NIL adviser. Good for him to get as much money as he can. Hope its the Vols signing the check!
He is a 5 start OT. Of course he is going to have an NIL advisor. He would be silly not to have one in this day in age. It is also good that we have one of, if not the, top NIL collectives in the country. So I am not worried.

David Sanders continues to say all the right things and we feel like Tennessee is in a phenomenal spot as the calendar turns to June tomorrow, but the Vols will have to survive all of these official visits this month. The fact that his parents are having him drive through the mountains to get a feel for what it would be like to be a player at Tennessee should tell anyone who is following his recruitment how serious of a contender Tennessee truly is.
He is at Clemson this weekend and so obviously their track record of getting kids to jump in the boat on this massive weekend for the Tigers and subsequently shut it down is one thing you have to watch but we would be surprised if Sanders or his family were pressured into anything.
-VQ

VN Store

Back