'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

Yesterday AP did say that but he kept saying things could change with a phone call, and I know that is true, but I don't remember him putting in the caveats before. Anyway, I hope Sanders is ours. He would complete the class!
So, AP calculates that at this time we are the lead dog. Calls with significant incremental dollars are in play. Big spreadsheets required to factor transportation, housing, for players and family NETTED against NIL and other differentials (I.e. state income tax)between the schools for a net net number.

I think it’ll finish OSU, UT, UGA just based on visits, NIL, development at position, etc.
Ohio State is further from home, has the possibility for state income tax to come into play if hes determined to be a resident and Ellerbee made DW a millionaire. Thats before his relationship with Mcintyre is even considered.

This is one reason the open recruiting information creates negativity towards the programs. Nothing really matters until signing day. Everything else is just conjecture and rumor. Mostly to create an economy that benefits only a few.

Do you really care about players that consider UT but go to other schools? I don’t. And people often blame a coach for a kid who probably was never going to come here but listed us to fulfill his own ego needs. Then some people say that coach can’t recruit.

Another thing, these recruiting services put a lot of variable statements out there to create suspense and dis-information. Sometimes knowing a kid is very unlikely to end up here. What are the chances that a 27 OL from the upper peninsula of Michigan comes to UT? Probably less than 5% but for $9.95 they are sure willing to write a story about him to make you think he is a lock.

I just think we would all be better off knowing when a player commits or signs and leave all of the sausage making out of it and stopping the misconceptions and irrelevant information that sometimes leads to fans making assumptions that are totally untrue. One most recent example is Ellerbee.

So, AP calculates that at this time we are the lead dog. Calls with significant incremental dollars are in play. Big spreadsheets required to factor transportation, housing, for players and family NETTED against NIL and other differentials (I.e. state income tax)between the schools for a net net number.
So complicated these days! I remember a time when a guy just picked his favorite school and or coach.! 🤪

Reactions: swampfoxfan

VN Store

Back